Photo

Enabling the Fallen Sword Image Pack Guide

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#181 fs_tangtop

fs_tangtop
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2010 - 17:09

My suggestion is that if you see the same thing happen, submit a support ticket. They work. Especially if they get multiple items for the same issue.

#182 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:56

On my Win 7 machine, it looks for C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/ instead.

I would rather it work properly than uninstall and reinstall it on all my machines to work in the C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/ directory.

As far as I can tell, there is no way around this issue at this point.

I have it installed on my win 7 machine straight onto the C drive ( C:\Hunted Cow Studios Ltd\Fallen Sword Image Pack) and the same is put into my prefs and it works fine. I also use this addon ( http://*.fallensword.com )

#183 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2010 - 16:18

. . . , i use it since the about:config strings (page 1 of this thread) dont work (they dont even show up on about:config, even if i add them manually)

Under a default Win 7 install, in order to make the about:config setting actually stick, you have to run Firefox with Administrator priviliges. You can do this by right-clicking on the Firefox program or shortcut and selecting the menu entry with the little shield next to it, "Run as administrator." Once I figured this out, the about:config changes made it work. This is true even if your account has admin priviliges.

ah ok, will try this soon once i get some time, would rather prefer the old, the simplicity was just too good :)

#184 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2010 - 16:18

. . . , i use it since the about:config strings (page 1 of this thread) dont work (they dont even show up on about:config, even if i add them manually)

Under a default Win 7 install, in order to make the about:config setting actually stick, you have to run Firefox with Administrator priviliges. You can do this by right-clicking on the Firefox program or shortcut and selecting the menu entry with the little shield next to it, "Run as administrator." Once I figured this out, the about:config changes made it work. This is true even if your account has admin priviliges.

ah ok, will try this soon once i get some time, would rather prefer the old xp, the simplicity was just too good :)

#185 fs_magefrost2

fs_magefrost2
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:42

anybody how to make this work for ggogle chrome?

#186 Admiral Memo

Admiral Memo

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:47

HMM Any way we can get FS helper and imagepack for Chrome?

Here's the Chrome Helper: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92686

It's not as up to date as the FireFox one, but it works. :)

ImagePack doesn't work with Chrome due to Chrome's security policies. It's not something HCS can do much about.

#187 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 23:49

I've installed Image Pack v1.66 on my computer..but i still get a "The image pack is out-of-date or could not be found. Please download the latest version on the Preferences page or disable it" notification over and over. i've uninstalled, installed, done the whole firefox config process, and i still get this popup notification. i have the correct file location for the image pack. all the skins/tiles seem to be in working order

Some info: i have windows xp, using firefox v3.6.13, and in december i had to do a system restore to get my cpu in working order..ever since i restored my cpu i've been unable to get this image pack working

#188 BandLaw

BandLaw

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 20:07

I've installed Image Pack v1.66 on my computer..but i still get a "The image pack is out-of-date or could not be found. Please download the latest version on the Preferences page or disable it" notification over and over. i've uninstalled, installed, done the whole firefox config process, and i still get this popup notification. i have the correct file location for the image pack. all the skins/tiles seem to be in working order

Some info: i have windows xp, using firefox v3.6.13, and in december i had to do a system restore to get my cpu in working order..ever since i restored my cpu i've been unable to get this image pack working

Make sure you are at the domain http://fallensword.com

must have the "www" for it to work right.

#189 fs_fsfallen

fs_fsfallen
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:30

#190 fs_acheron65

fs_acheron65
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 15:10

I did this and now nothing really shows the images will not load could you help please.
I have also tried the reset many times and still nothing.

#191 Tusca

Tusca

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 18:41

I also get this issue The image pack is out-of-date or could not be found. Please download the latest version on the Preferences page or disable it" over and over again.

I have run Firefox in admin privileges, follow instructions exactly error free. but still nothing. I am running the newest version and pointing the FS to the proper directory. any ideas ?

#192 BandLaw

BandLaw

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 22:12

I also get this issue The image pack is out-of-date or could not be found. Please download the latest version on the Preferences page or disable it" over and over again.

I have run Firefox in admin privileges, follow instructions exactly error free. but still nothing. I am running the newest version and pointing the FS to the proper directory. any ideas ?

Make sure you are at http://fallensword.com, the image pack doesn't work (or at least not on my system...)

#193 fs_troezen

fs_troezen
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:23

If anyone uses the FireFox Add-on NoScript, you need to allow local links: In your NoScript Options ("Advanced -> Trusted -> "Allow local links"). Changing this made it work for me.

I have a new Windows 7 install, FireFox version 3.6.13, image pack v1.66 installed on a custom path on a different partition than windows. (G:/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack).

I am not sure how to fix the issue if you are not running the NoScript add-on however.

#194 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:41

Here, this worked for me :D

Installing for Firefox 3.x

1 ) Type in this url -> about:config
2 ) Click the 'I'll be careful, I promise!' button that appears.
3 ) Then right click anywhere in the list of preferences
4 ) Click 'New' then 'String'
5 ) It should then ask for a 'preference name'. Enter the following:
capability.policy.policynames
6 ) Click ok then enter:
localfilelinks
7 ) Click on ok then right click again, followed by 'New' then 'String' then enter:
capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites
8 ) Click ok then enter:
http://www.fallensword.com

7b) Click on ok then right click again, followed by 'New' then 'String' then enter:
capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites
8b ) Click ok then enter:
http://fallensword.com

9 ) Click on ok then right click again, followed by 'New' then 'String' then enter:
capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloaduri.enabled
10 ) Click ok then enter:
allAccess
11 ) Click ok and restart the browser.

#195 fs_mateussk83

fs_mateussk83
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:01

Well, when i put a new string on my Mozila Firefox, these "String" can not add.

Click on new Preferences > Set a Name > Set a Valor > Finish.

When i finished it, the " Name Set" has not found "/

Someone Help me ?

#196 barbaro32

barbaro32

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 20:53

hi i download the image pack and save in preferences and nothing hapening

#197 harshid45

harshid45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:58

my still says The image pack is out-of-date or could not be found. Please download the latest version on the Preferences page or disable it

what do i do :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :(

#198 harshid45

harshid45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 15:35

my still says The image pack is out-of-date or could not be found. Please download the latest version on the Preferences page or disable it

what do i do :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :(

(note) if u have Norton 360 u will get a tool bar with pass remembers so dont use that ther wise it dosent work

#199 SaveMeGrim

SaveMeGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 17:25

On both the links from the preference pages, I get file not found:

http://www.fallenswo..._image_pack.zip

404 Not Found
nginx/0.7.67

#200 Glepo

Glepo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Finland

Posted 05 April 2011 - 16:37

Can someone tell me where to download FS Image Pack? The download links in my preferences/user interface do not work anymore for some reason.

Crystal Cutting  27  |  Fishing  40  |  Forestry  40  |  Skinning  40  |  Farming  40  |  Foraging  40  |  Prospecting  40

Alchemy  40  |  Cooking  40  |  Leatherworking  40  |  Weaponsmithing  40 |  Armorsmithing 40 | Jewelry - |  Tailoring 40

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: