150-155        30        al/lf/db    20xp

#182 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 20:26

Can we please stop the complaints? Lets think it from a new player point of view. The ability to create LF potions is wonderfull for them. For the cost of some shards (left over items, he will have plentifull) he can make an potion that will cost him a fortune if he needs to buy it. Yes, the LF150 is worthless for the higher level people but NOT for the newish player.

Composing is meant to be an skill your master during your playing time. That means that current players needs to work through the levels and thats boring, but okay that will always happen if you add new features to the game that are meant to be played from the start.

I would love to be able to quene some more potions but at this is a work in progress, I am not complaining. I am happy with the current system and I am looking forward to some finetuming.

Actually I disagree - al 175 is cheaper in time, gold and effort for new members to just buy it - not to mention most every guild gives it free to their members. To some it would be wonderful - those who like brewing for sure, for example - but not to all.

It would be fine if it started at, say, 175 level AL and worked up from there. That would make it useful for everyone to some degree and not be quite as long-winded or expensive way to get to "useful" potions for higher levels. After all, you have to go up levels to add new buffs to your ability to brew. Taking time, gold and effort to grow additional buffs makes sense to me but it should start at a more useful level in my view.

Then - as has been suggested earlier - a way to do more potions at one time from either fsp or gold upgrade is a great idea. Not many though - maybe 2 expensive upgrades like bank deposits.

#183 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 20:34

level        time        skill        xp gained

150        30        al        20xp

i got 10 XP for this but i did instant brew.. that doesn't matter does it?

#184 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 21:34

Two remarks if I may:

1) In the composing page, while waiting for a pot to cook, you see the pot at the left hand side in a box. However, it has no mouse-over function to let you see what is actually cooking. If you forgot to tag or whatever, there is no way to see... Please add this function if possible.

2) It seems to me very strange that composing XP gained is very loosely related to the amount of frags you spend. For example, AL lvl 150 for 30 min will take Common + Rare + Unique frags, and will give 10 XP, and a pot with AL & LF lvl 1 will take less time, only 3 Common frags and will give same 10 XP ...  What is the logic behind that ?

Common sense (and the original composing idea if I'm not mistaken) says that:

Buff level -> Determines Number and Kind frags.

Additional buffs -> Add frags according to each Buff level (possible to add multiplicative weight according to the buff tree, for  example: Smashing Hammer will have higher weight then AL, and therefore will cost more frags for same buff level)

Longer buff duration -> Determines Multiplication factor on all frags.

Number and Kind of frags used -> Determines XP gained and Cooking time.

Thanks,
kokorog

#185 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 22:35

We've just tweaked the instant complete cost so that it scales better - the cost formula for instantly completing a Composed Potion is now as follows:

instantCost = ceil((1 - (percentComplete / 100)) * initialGoldCost * (2 ^ instantCompletesInLast24Hours))

Also we've increased the start level of Conserve at Composing level 3 from 100 to 150. :)

#186 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 22:47

i got 10 XP for this but i did instant brew.. that doesn't matter does it?

see now one you posted i got less xp then you did they dont seem to same xp gained on a few...is why i posted mine what i made so far and i paid for instant on most would help if we all listed the info we find after all in the end will help everyone..but already i few keeping what they learn as a secret for some odd reason

#187 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 22:51

see now one you posted i got less xp then you did they dont seem to same xp gained on a few...is why i posted mine what i made so far and i paid for instant on most would help if we all listed the info we find after all in the end will help everyone..but already i few keeping what they learn as a secret for some odd reason

The Composing XP you gain is worked out as follows:

durationFactor = potionDuration;
if(durationFactor > totalPotionSkillLevel)
    durationFactor = totalPotionSkillLevel;

composingXPGained = ceil((durationFactor / 60) + (totalPotionSkillLevel / 500)) * 10;

Hope this helps :)

#188 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 23:04

composingXPGained = ceil((durationFactor / 60) + (totalPotionSkillLevel / 500)) * 10;

lol no can i have the dumb version please or give us a example list for the stupid ppl

#189 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 07 September 2013 - 23:08

lol no can i have the dumb version please or give us a example list for the stupid ppl

come on hades, it's not like it's washing a cat!

anyways, http://www.wolframalpha.com is a useful site. you can use it for stuff like this, for example:
www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=ceil((60+%2F+60)+%2B+(300+%2F+500))+*+10

60 minute potion, 300 total skills. I am sure you can work with that!

*edit*
I had the formula wrong in the second link. oops.

#190 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 23:10

What? :wacko: :P :D Actually it made sense. I think that's coz I'm smashed though. :D

Cheers.

wil72

#191 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 23:15

come on hades, it's not like it's washing a cat!

anyways, http://www.wolframalpha.com is a useful site. you can use it for stuff like this, for example:
www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=ceil((60+%2F+60)+%2B+(3+%2F+300))+*+10

60 minute potion, 300 total skills. I am sure you can work with that!

actually i washed my cat the other day wasnt a problem she purred her head off shame i had to shave off half her fur two days later..and the rest well i will look at it again once i have slept so the few brain cells i have are working lol

#192 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 23:16

:huh:

#193 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:17

Can we please stop the complaints? Lets think it from a new player point of view. The ability to create LF potions is wonderfull for them. For the cost of some shards (left over items, he will have plentifull) he can make an potion that will cost him a fortune if he needs to buy it. Yes, the LF150 is worthless for the higher level people but NOT for the newish player.

Composing is meant to be an skill your master during your playing time. That means that current players needs to work through the levels and thats boring, but okay that will always happen if you add new features to the game that are meant to be played from the start.

I would love to be able to quene some more potions but at this is a work in progress, I am not complaining. I am happy with the current system and I am looking forward to some finetuming.

Much to my surprise, I haven't seen much on the forum that I would categorize as a complaint.  I would call it, for the most part constructive criticism,

Having said that, I would disagree that LF 150 is helpful for lower level players.  It only provides a 7.5% chance to save one stamina point when moving.  I have no idea what the ratio of moving to actually killing stuff is, most likely it is governed by what other buffs the player is using.  At anyrate, the 5000 gold that is invested in this potion could be better spent on potions of Animal Magnetism, Berserk, Wither and the like in the AH.  A much better return on the money spent.  I'll probably try to level using only AL at this point, and that solely to try to minimise my stamina loss when buffing folk.  Most of my lower level guildmates get their hunting done in the thirty minute range, so giving them a buff that last two or more hours is just overkill.  On the other hand, getting beginners to spend their hard won gold on something that will not help them gain any significant amount of experience is just a tad like something a used car sales person might do. :(  

#194 Thorsark

Thorsark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:20

That formula doesn't seem to be what is actually happening.

I just created a 181 minute potion of level 20, so that should be

((181/60)+(20/500)) *10

(3.0167+.04)*10

(3.0467)*10 = 30.467 XP

So, should have given 30XP by that formula

Instead, I received 10XP.

I suspect there is a misplaced parentheses or something in the implementation.

#195 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:52

This is not what we were promised.

The leveling system was agreed upon by the community to affect potion duration and not  skill level. All the skills were suppose to be available at their max level at level one. Gold cost was suppose to be static but who in the right mind would spend so much resources on nonsense potions shadowed by simple buffs. A full day to make some conserve 100 potion, what a joke. If you dont change to what we were promised or to lower the Xp and gold needed (instant gold cost should cap at 100k) then this will fail.

All in all I'm really disappointed we had to wait so long for this, a big let down not only to me but I'm sure a lot of the community. Im glad you took our idea of composing, but this system is slow and costs too much gold.

please for the love of god... show me where we were promised all of this stuff you said, i dont believe anything was that specific

#196 Nordom0

Nordom0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:54

That formula doesn't seem to be what is actually happening.

I just created a 181 minute potion of level 20, so that should be

((181/60)+(20/500)) *10

(3.0167+.04)*10

(3.0467)*10 = 30.467 XP

So, should have given 30XP by that formula

Instead, I received 10XP.

I suspect there is a misplaced parentheses or something in the implementation.

you dont seem to see the first part where it says

Meaning that if the duration of the potion exceeds the total level of all the skills it only counts up to the total levels of the skills meaning that your potion that was

((181/60)+(20/500)) *10

(3.0167+.04)*10

(3.0467)*10 = 30.467 XP

would've actually factored as

ceil((20/60)+(20/500))*10

which more or less would've been 10

so in other words its not worth it to make a potion where the duration is higher than the total potion skill level, yes it will last longer but if you are just grinding these out for xp then you might just want to stick with the base duration of 30 or even 150, but until you get to higher levels anything higher than the total skill level of the potion is useless for XP

#197 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:58

Why don't you HCS make an option "Remember This Potion" at the moment of Start Composing?

Then we could re-create a potion with only one click....

;)

#198 Thorsark

Thorsark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:51

Ah, thanks.

#199 Nordom0

Nordom0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:08

Kevon218 I believe this is what Blue Tail was referring to when it came to the Composing Level

Composing XP / Level

You initially start at Composing Level 1 and gain Composing XP for each potion created. The maximum Composing Level is 10. At Composing Level 1, you can create a potion with a duration of 30 minutes with each additional Composing Level allowing an additional 30 minutes.

The time to create potions will also decrease as your Composing Level increases. Initially it will take 3 hours to create a potion (you can still get them instantly by using gold however), and this will decrease by 12 minutes for each Composing Level.

(Thanks Evilbry for this suggestion!)

#200 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:15

I think the formula is a bit to hard ... it often gives no difference between one, two or even three buffs because it divides by such a high number. While still using double the amount of fragments ... it is not like most people can make these strong pots all the time cause they cost so meny frags ... but the XP value for these is so bad that people have no other choise but to grind the lowest. It is good that the lowest gives some XP for people with few stam or frags (starters) to be able to level also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: