Photo

Structure Addition for GvG

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Poll: New structure for GvG (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Should a new structure be added for GvGing similar to the Scout Tower?

1. Yes (173 votes [91.05%])

Percentage of vote: 91.05%

2. No (17 votes [8.95%])

Percentage of vote: 8.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 17:30

bump

#22 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:55

I sort of assumed I would be against another structure, so clicked on the link pessimistically, but I was surprised to find an idea I really like.

Solid and would be a welcome help to many guilds and end I know the debates that go on in some.  Great idea G-zilla.

#23 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:57

Yes to this :)

#24 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:07

Bump

#25 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 18:22

Bump

#26 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 23:43

like the idea .. but make the cost more expensive for the lower amount of members you have. Meaning its very expensive if you only have a few people and less expensive as you have more people. 

I like the idea, BUT there's a bunch of guilds that have almost as many inactive members as active.  I suspect this can be brainstormed  to a good solution, but right now I'm a bit leary of this way of determining cost.

#27 JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2013 - 00:00

this has been asked for before by a few other players.... callmeABC has posted it many times... this is a super idea and it should be looked at getting implemented right away

thanks for posting a poll on it hopefully more will look and vote i'm asking everyone to do this

#28 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2013 - 00:40

Like the idea!!

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 00:56

Do you want a structure that takes the work out of figuring out whos attacking from the other guild and how many hits they got hell no it doesnt take a lot of effort to figure that out and figuring who is hitting and letting everyone know in chat is what pros do! We dont need to give those who dont want to do the effort a win button here.

.. like the ladder, on most bands, you mean ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:00

like the idea .. but make the cost more expensive for the lower amount of members you have. Meaning its very expensive if you only have a few people and less expensive as you have more people. 

Why ? - that would fly in the face of all other guild upgrades - that cost more / person ... 

I know there are more than 1 or 2 specifically created RP farming guilds (hopefully they'll go out of business soon, or at least have to level up all their puppies / clones, when the new GvG rules are introduced), but your recommendation is still opposite to every other type of guild upgrade ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:13

I'm just going to keep it short and simple, No a structure for GvG is not a good idea.

#32 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:15

I'm just going to keep it short and simple, No a structure for GvG is not a good idea.

Why is it not a good idea?

#33 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:24

.. like the ladder, on most bands, you mean ?

I was thinking about like ruining a game because every idea has to have some reward added for a high levels work no matter what the idea was actually about  :)

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:36

I was thinking about like ruining a game because every idea has to have some reward added for a high levels work no matter what the idea was actually about  :)

I think you know full well that my comment was in regard to your post regarding "We dont need to give those who dont want to do the effort a win button here."

There's little to no effort on the ladder in most bands, but still the rewards flow ...

#35 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:40

I think you know full well that my comment was in regard to your post regarding "We dont need to give those who dont want to do the effort a win button here."

There's little to no effort on the ladder in most bands, but still the rewards flow ...

beat this dead horse a few times in the post meant for it,,, same effort to get a common drop for everyone but still the rewards flow?

I call it like I see it

But back on THIS topic,,, I want to know why the no guy says no.Maybe a good reason there but to me this should not be a new structure but a addition to scout tower with a list like it has for titans.

#36 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 13:48

I agree with watagashi, it's fine to say no, but a reason is really helpful.  Another thing, I am so disgusted at the low rate on the poll, there HAVE to be more than 100 or so gvgers out there! Several people have kept this running in the shout box, so it's an "in your face" sort of notification.

And thanks to those who've spent the fsp to notify people like me, you're community minded at the very least :)

#37 jbhouse

jbhouse

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 15:24

like the idea as long as it only works to see your own members and how many hits they did in each conflict.

#38 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 17:44

Voting because JohnnyMo told me I have too !!!!

But yeah, seems a good idea if its there for the people who want to use it. I love stats n stuff :)

#39 Bahamut101

Bahamut101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 22:44

Great idea for guilds who do payouts for GvGs and doesn't actually give any advantage in GvGs just lets you know how many kills someone got on which GvG. Surprised anyone would vote no O.o Hopefully the cows will implement this.

#40 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:11

I think people just misinterpreted the idea. Probably assumed it was giving guilds a notification about which people ENEMY guilds were hitting in your guild. Which isn't the case, this structure would simply be a Logging system for conflicts showing which of YOUR GVGers participated and how many hits they did.

Would love to see this implemented because I currently log GVGs on my own through a google spreadsheet lol. A structure doing it for me would take out that work and allow me to focus more on buffing/gear equipping. :)

We're still close to 100 votes without this going public through a News Post, perhaps the Cows can give some input on whether this is even possible?

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: