26 replies to this topic

#21 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:54

Since this is next up on the roadmap, I've looked through what's been said and think the following would work:

Level 1: +5 / +1% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +2% to enhancements.

Level 2: +10 / +2% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +4% to enhancements.

Level 3: +15 / +3% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +6% to enhancements.

Level 4: +25 / +5% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +8% to enhancements.

Level 5: +50 / +10% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +10% to enhancements.

What do you think?

Sounds pretty good to me also. Would the cost change though? 

#22 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:08

Sounds pretty good to me also. Would the cost change though? 

with this thought, if the gold cost was capped, what would be a reasonable cap? 5 million gold per item?

#23 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:11

Since this is next up on the roadmap, I've looked through what's been said and think the following would work:

Level 1: +5 / +1% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +2% to enhancements.

Level 2: +10 / +2% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +4% to enhancements.

Level 3: +15 / +3% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +6% to enhancements.

Level 4: +25 / +5% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +8% to enhancements.

Level 5: +50 / +10% (whichever is higher) to all stat points, +10% to enhancements.

What do you think?

That is fine for stats.

Are you going to address the cost issue? especially with the decrease in gold gained in higher levels it just gets too expensive to forge on a regular basis on the currently escalating scale.

#24 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:42

Are you going to address the cost issue? especially with the decrease in gold gained in higher levels it just gets too expensive to forge on a regular basis on the currently escalating scale.

I agree something should be done about cost. Considering gold gain per kill is capped only a few hundred levels into the game (and then even goes down later in the way upper levels), it doesn't make sense that forging costs keep increasing to the huge amounts that they do. I stopped forging my gear for this reason, as well as the fact that forging currently gives very little benefit at my level, besides showing off with 5 yellow dots.

#25 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:35

oops

Edited by evilbry, 09 December 2013 - 04:36.

#26 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:56

I was thinking further...
How about this: Base the forging cost off the creatures' gold drop rate.

So if the item is level 1000, the forging cost is based off of what the creature's gold drop rate is for a regular level 1000 creature.  If the item is level 100, it's based off a regular level 100 creature's drop rate.

Basically, forging cost = n * creature drop rate
Where "n" is some multiplier, and the same one is used for all levels.

This ensures the costs are based on what is actually earned from the creatures of that level, rather than some formula that ends up with the cost going up way higher than our income from normal leveling.

As far as what "n" should be, take a look at how much it currently costs to forge a level 300 item (since that's where gold per creature kill caps out), and base the value of "n" off that.

Current toal gold cost to forge a level 300 item is 1,395,000. 
Gold gain per creature kill is about 300.  
1,395,000 / 300 = 4,650
So "n" would be about 4,650.

Yes, this means some people have spent many millions of gold more than it will cost after a change; I'm part of that group. However, if nothing changes, people will stop forging altogether, making the feature useless. Therefore, change must happen, and those of us who paid to forge items already... well, we made a choice to do it, and are stuck with it. But we can't let that stand in the way of making things better for the future.

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:58

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=60332

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users