Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 16:29

Please also enforce a 7 day cooldown on all purchases, if we are not happy with the item we can return it to the buyer for a full refund, less P&P  :P

If the ability to block people from bidding was added, they would just get a friend or their "brothers" account to bid... so it would probably just be one big waste of time.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#42 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 18:56

If I'm agreeing with someone elses reasons then there is no need for me to reiterate it .. the quote you just made is in response to

AJackson, on 25 Jul 2013 - 13:48, said:

snapback.png

Ergo, I agreed that it was a terrible idea purely and simply because of it's pettiness ...

Why would the cows spend time and effort introducing a feature that 99.9% of the population would never even use ? (yes, the 99.9% is speculation, but I'd bet it would be a very tiny, miniscule percentage that would use this feature)

only .1% of the game uses the ignore feature?? Because that was the point of the post it can simply be added to existing feature to encompass all ways for someone to contact you right?

As far as refunds we always offer a refund if someone changes their mind within 7 days :) minus 15% restocking fee, 10% cleaning fee, and 25% refund fee the rest is cheerfully given in the form of a gift certificate XD

If someone on my ignore had their "brother" buy something it would warrant a ticket and hope they sent it to the other account and busted themselves :)

#43 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 20:02

only .1% of the game uses the ignore feature?? Because that was the point of the post it can simply be added to existing feature to encompass all ways for someone to contact you right?

No, it shouldn't be - IF it were to be introduced, it should be a completely standalone aspect. Personally, I don't give a monkeys butt if someone I have on ignore buys something from my AH and I suspect that the vast majority of FS would feel the same - so adding your suggestion to the ignore feature would deprive too many people of a potential income.

If someone on my ignore had their "brother" buy something it would warrant a ticket and hope they sent it to the other account and busted themselves :)

So, it's OK for you and your authenticated wife to play from the same address, but if someone you have on ignore has his legitimately authenticated brother buy an item for you, you'd ticket it ? - Now you're REALLY showing your pettiness :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#44 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 23:00

make your own thread then this suggestion is to add ignore to include AH

And the post I was quoting put 'brother" in quotes like that and is more a tip of the hat to the excuse many multis use to hide the fact they are the only one there, "my brother hacked my account and did all that stuff so please dont blame me" to "its my brothers account but hes not home to verify there are 2 people here" (like we ahve done to the cows satisfaction)'

Had it been put simply as brother then its a totally different scenerio, someone verified by the cows as 2 people at the same location isnt cause for a ticket, someone suspected of making multis to buy the way around a ignore (what they would have explained if you had got help reading that) is a reason for report

try to keep with ruining your own threads or skyping up a upgrade that benefits only you please :)

#45 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 23:03

try to keep with ruining your own threads or skyping up a upgrade that benefits only you please :)

Cute.

#46 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 23:04

when the boot fits you forge it

#47 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 23:06

when the boot fits you forge it

If you want to at least have a shot at getting your idea implemented, then you might want to keep this thread on topic rather than argue about your grudge on Composing. 

#48 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 23:14

Gomez replied to that better than I ever could LMAO. 

ONLY I get a benefit from composing ? - just way too silly a remark to comment any further on.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#49 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 23:14

thought thats what I did, mentioned what the post was about and took a poke at how that other thing ended up :)

Im amazed this made 3 pages I really doubted it would be put in when so much more important things need added just thought it would be a nice additon for those of us who are petty enough to wish our enemys could not buy our gear

#50 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:41

I do get why you would find it annoying watagashi...

Damn it! that player who said my father smelt of elderberries just got a great deal in my AH... Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I just think it would happen so rarely, that it is not really a big problem or inconvenience for enough people, to make it necessary to block bidders  :)

#51 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:17

nope just a nice addition to already existing ignore.

#52 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 13:47

nope just a nice addition to already existing ignore.

Something like "Trade Iggy List" shouldn't be hard to do.

#53 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 15:47

no game ive played has restricted the Auction House due to ignore.. what the kriff is this, communist russia?!

#54 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:18

no game ive played has restricted the Auction House due to ignore.. what the kriff is this, communist russia?!

Ive seen pleanty, and just about any business you frequent has the disclaimer I used for the topic. 

In communist russia AH ignores you!

#55 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:29

If we add this, we open the door to all sorts of things for the ignore list many of which are more far-reaching than are remotely needed. If someone on your ignore list, joins your guild, will there be a feature to stop that to stop them from talking to you in guild chat and sharing resources with you? Is there going to be a feature stopping them from sharing a square on the map with you? Where does it end? Could get a little overboard, don't you think?

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#56 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 19:36

reaching a little far there I think, ignore should be a block between 1 player and the other and SHOULD encompass all things that really are only used to get around iggy and annoy the other such as buffs, enemy add then remove (adding should be allowed but spamming a log with adds and remove can and has been reported,,oddly enough the very player that brought this up), friend request, auctions, messages, trades, sending items, etc

Things that arent a inter player communications such as pvp, gvg, sharing a square, bountys etc should NOT be added to ignore

As far as guilds if you are a founder a player on iggy should be blocked from requesting to join.

If somehow an enemy on ignore joins the same guild (and in the case of this particular one id have the founders head examined for taking them,, in this case the current founder had a laugh with us and was amazed this person bought an item from us and then agreed we all would rather not have helped them this way) then im sure there will be pleanty of drama but chat and store isnt a player to player function and apples to oranges for this topic

#57 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 21:23

adding should be allowed but spamming a log with adds and remove can and has been reported

WTF?????????????????   Are you serious?

REASON for report "he's adding and removing me"   :mellow:

It's absurd! I can't agree with that.

#58 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 21:24

My question from before still stands unanswered. What good comes from this idea for the community of FS?

#59 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 21:35

My question from before still stands unanswered. What good comes from this idea for the community of FS?

Satisfaction of the ones who have fatal enemies in FS.

The ones who don't care about trading with their enemies just TOGGLE.

:huh:

#60 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2013 - 22:00

Peace and Love man, Peace and Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: