• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 18:49

The title says the suggestion: Upon a PvP death, buffs (whether from skill, food, or potions) should not be removed.

Reason 1:  The reason there is no equipment durability loss from PvP death is because so many do not want to pay that cost that PvP would become nonexistent.  Losing buffs is also a penalty.  Its not such a high penalty that it kills PvP, but its not a penalty that's needed.  In general, players need to be more encouraged to engage in PvP, not less.

Reason 2:  Especially in 4-on-4 PvP, buffs should not be removed.  Generally, the stronger player/team will kill the weaker player/team first.  At this point, the weaker player/team loses their buffs and is now at an even greater disadvantage.  The player team could possibly rebuff, but not when... (1) The buff is from a class before PvP started and that class is not on your team inside PvP area; (2) Sitting to eat after dying takes too long and penalizes your team, especially in capture the flag; (3) The buff is from an obelisk.  Its very disheartening after getting slayed to know that the next time you enter you will have even less of a chance.

As a potion seller, this suggestion goes against my self-interest.  Players will use more potions if they have to rebuff after each death.  But from the simple perspective of fun, once you die in a PvP area you are confronted with an unappealing reality: "Because I just died, I'm likely to die if/when I go back in.  Which means if I use a potion its likely to only last for a couple minutes.  But if I don't use a potion, then I'm at an even greater disadvantage than I was before when I died."

Just let potions and buffs last for the full time unless there is a death by creature.

Edited by Doja, 18 June 2014 - 02:52.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#2 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:08

Sorry , but am against this , even though i would have to use all my gold on food /pots .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#3 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:01

Im against this too sorry

#4 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:06

honestly? why are you against this?  think about it.... they are the fallen, so they should have no way to become more even without quaffing 2-4 more potions, not to mention the random other group buffs, while the "victors" still have all of theirs, whether or not the person that buffed them is still online?

that is like playing king of the hill and giving razor blades to the winners.  while the climbers get to trudge up there to be cut open////

#5 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:16

Sorry , but am against this , even though i would have to use all my gold on food /pots .

Im against this too sorry

No problem with you being against it.  :) But please include reasoning when you disagree, since it is not obvious as to why.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#6 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:21

Im not against it, but i have don't have much problem with it either.

It's giving more job to the crafters.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#7 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 18:59

I agree in the case of 4v4, but not on TA, as on TA you need to get a slight penalty for dying. In 4v4 you could "suicide" on the enemies all the time, if you want when there's no penalties, but that doesn't still give your team any advantages, so IMO making buffs stay in 4v4 ain't anything that would affect the gameplay negatively, especially if there's a small time you have to wait before you can respawn.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: