Adept Learner
Librarian
Treasure Hunter
Merchant
Find Item
Quest Finder
Animal Magnetism
Doubler

I was wondering what buffs the FS community deems necassary to have (Only 1-200 please) as I wish to be of more help to those and half of my buffs are now affordable pots lol

#2 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:45

I will say im keeping Doubler just because I sell buffs and for those of lower stamina or level it is affordable and good for them. Thanks for the input though.

#3 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:49

Okay. I`m looking to restat my buffs ... I currently have:
Adept Learner
Librarian
Treasure Hunter
Merchant
Find Item
Quest Finder
Animal Magnetism
Doubler

I was wondering what buffs the FS community deems necassary to have (Only 1-200 please) as I wish to be of more help to those and half of my buffs are now affordable pots lol

The answer to this question depends on if you plan on selling them, need them to buff lower guildies or you want them for yourself.

#4 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:52

Selling and buffing guildies really ...

#5 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:01

Then you have a good list. Many lower level players can not afford a bookworm potion and they ALWAYS want doubler. When you get to 250 add conserve to your list. When you finally reach lvl 165 - 175 buffs you many want to reconsider your buff choices for sale because as you know people need buffs for 2 hitting but from my own personal experience, most people want the highest level for the cheapest price. You will find you wil have to WAY undersell your offensive and defensive buffs bellow lvl 165 because they are readily found very cheaply at that level.

#6 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:02

Fortify,Rock Skin,Aura of Protect,Absorb,Ench.Armor-and I'll buy your buffs :)

just get buffs that don't come as potions-or those that have expensive potions..

#7 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:06

Fortify,Rock Skin,Aura of Protect,Absorb,Ench.Armor-and I'll buy your buffs :)

just get buffs that don't come as potions-or those that have expensive potions..

Actually, most of those are based on base stats and the majority of people have put thier base stats in damage. You are wasting your money if you are buying all those buffs and wasting your stamina if you are buffing yourself with most of them (exception absorb and enchant armor but there is a cheap potion for that) But again as I say, you will likely have to sell those VERY cheap to make a profit.

#8 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:08

imo, i think that you should get buffs that complement what your guildmates have... if everyone has AL and QF, there is little reason for you to have it for yourself unless you are selling them... i like having stuff that very few (or none) of my guildies have so we have a player with them

#9 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:10

Well at the moment I try to sell based on stam cost (1k p/stam) And im planning on keeping it like that even up into the EoC buffs ... I dont really know how to make a profit from buffs seeing as I regen most if not all the stam used within the hour and I only shout buffing people when im not planning on hunting and need to get rid of stam. Those that find me and ask for buffs get them though :P

#10 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:11

imo, i think that you should get buffs that complement what your guildmates have... if everyone has AL and QF, there is little reason for you to have it for yourself unless you are selling them... i like having stuff that very few (or none) of my guildies have so we have a player with them

+1 but I replied based on the fact that he will also be selling them. He will make more gold if he has a majority of the leveling buffs.. Or at least that has been my experience.

#11 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:13

[quote name="Kayesha1"][/quote]
Actually, most of those are based on base stats[/quote]
That's why I sad that I would buy them--I could use higher level ones sometimes--but yeap--It's not really worth investing in in them-unless he plans to sell them at high price..

edit:failed quote :(

#12 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:13

Fair enough ... I can kinda see what buffs I could take with that aspect ...

#13 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:14

Well at the moment I try to sell based on stam cost (1k p/stam) And im planning on keeping it like that even up into the EoC buffs ... I dont really know how to make a profit from buffs seeing as I regen most if not all the stam used within the hour and I only shout buffing people when im not planning on hunting and need to get rid of stam. Those that find me and ask for buffs get them though :P

You will find, as you level, that you can ask a lot more for buffs. At your level 1k per stam use is a fair to good price compaired to the market for same buffs & level. I certainly make ALOT more now on buffs then I did at your level.

#14 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:19

Actually, most of those are based on base stats
That's why I sad that I would buy them--I could use higher level ones sometimes--but yeap--It's not really worth investing in in them-unless he plans to sell them at high price..

edit:failed quote :(

OK, either you have your Base stats poorly disbursed or you are unaware of which one this is... It makes no sense to buy a buff that does NOT help you because you have (or should have) no points allocated to a few of those... if you have your points evenly distributed, My personal advice to you is to IMMEDIATELY pick one (damage if you are a leveler) and start to put your points there.

#15 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:24

Why would I want to ask more for the buffs though? My aim through selling buffs is to provide for those who cant afford the higher prices (Pots / High price players). i`m not trying to undermine anyone with this .. I just think that all players should be given the oppurtinity for any buffs they want instead of having to spend they`re entire hunts worth (and possibly more) on buffs ...

A quick example:
People sell Light Foot for what? 1-2FSP?
I would sell it at 15k because it takes 15 stamina to use ... I would sell more of it ... I would be helping the lower levels alot because they cant afford the FSP to spend every hunt .. Overall I would be giving those that level or hunt SE / Titans a cheaper option to spending their hard earned cash ...

In all honesty I dont understand why players with lvl 175 buffs sell them at such high prices ...

#16 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:25

OK, either you have your Base stats poorly disbursed or you are unaware of which one this is... It makes no sense to buy a buff that does NOT help you because you have (or should have) no points allocated to a few of those... if you have your points evenly distributed, My personal advice to you is to IMMEDIATELY pick one (damage if you are a leveler) and start to put your points there.

I hope this one will work :)

Nope,actually-I know why I reset my char and why did I put SP where I did--I don't need damage that much-I need something else at this level.and I don't level so adding all SP to only 1 stat is not that good for me..I must be able to use every buff that can help me in combination with different setup..

#17 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:30

Nope,actually-I know why I reset my char and why did I put SP where I did--I don't need damage that much-I need something else at this level.and I don't level so adding all SP to only 1 stat is not that good for me..I must be able to use every buff that can help me in combination with different setup..

I have put very few stats in anything but damage ... when I first started I didnt really know what I was doing at all ...
I have never needed to restat with all points going into damage ... so you have done something wrong to need to restat ... try changing gear ... max damage + Armour OR defence.

#18 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:30

So your advice to the op was selfish because what you do will not help 85% of the FS community.... I see :roll:

EDIT: Sry OP for spamming your thread, I will go away now :)

#19 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:36

I have put very few stats in anything but damage ... when I first started I didnt really know what I was doing at all ...
I have never needed to restat with all points going into damage ... so you have done something wrong to need to restat ... try changing gear ... max damage + Armour OR defence.

I read forum before fully starting to play the game so all my points went to damage-later I found out that damage is not something that I need that much-and I can easily cover it with some items without losing much armor...

And to Kayesha1-well of course it was selfish-but I also know that he'll never risk messing up his skill points by actually investing to those buffs that I listed-since only few players would use them..

#20 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:39

That I wouldnt ... And the pots can be bought pretty cheap as well as I remember ... Although there is a huge upsurge in GvG / PvP activity which might show demand for such buffs soon :wink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: