Photo

How do you not go Insane Playing this Game?!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 DAWy

DAWy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:22

Hello,

Well, seeing as there is no "Questions" section on this forum, of any kind - still! - I guess this is the best place to ask this. How do you not go insane playing this game - especially when hunting Titans?! It just constantly bounces around the map! It doesn't move in any kind of "logical" sense - it could be on square 'A', then go to 'B', then jump to 'Z' - and just when you go to attack, it's gone, or, equally worse, it's gone just as you get to it!

I realize this is more of a Guild thing, and all, but good grief! You would think there would be more than just one, so everyone has an equal chance of killing the blasted thing, or it might stay still, or be just one big monster (that stays in one place) with like 400 million HP and/or that lasts for like 48 hours that everyone can attack, or be found in a smaller space, or spawn similarly to how the Elites or Super Elites spawn.

It seems to me that this could really use some work in terms of tweaking, and coming up with a better system for it. That way, not only the biggest, richest players have a chance at killing it. As it stands, as far as I can tell, only the biggest and richest guilds/players will ever have a chance at claiming one of these things. :?

Toodles!

-DAWy

#2 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:41

Once the titan is killed one hp it moves, not randomly.

Titan hunting does favor the big guilds, if by big guilds you mean organized ones.

I think it should be pretty damn difficult for such a reward.

#3 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:04

It isn't one kill then it moves. It is several.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#4 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:06

Oh, sorry I thought it was one, I've actually never hunted so I gather what I can from the forum rants.

#5 DAWy

DAWy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:01

Hello,

It seems terribly unbalanced, in my honest opinion. That's just my opinion, of course. As I said, I realize it's a feature that is more of a Guild feature than not, and it is an excellent idea. I like it a lot, as it promotes teamwork within the Guild that is attempting to kill it, and makes the whole concept of a Guild better.

It appears to be one kill to me. I managed to take on that Ogalith Titan (spotted in Eldora Plains - North at 1:00 ST, January 2) a couple times myself (with Mercs in a group). I managed to get to it several times - twice of which, no one else was on the same spot as me - and when I killed it, it moved instantly. If it's not suppose to be that way, then there's a glitch with the system.

Titan hunting does favor the big guilds, if by big guilds you mean organized ones.

Well, when I was hunting the Ogalith Titan, it seemed to move in a completely random order. If there is some kind of predictable pattern to its movement, then I missed it completely. By big Guilds, I mean any Guild with a lot of members - especially ones with a lot of gold and/or FSP. Even if I had my Guild filled, and we were organized, I doubt we would win (at least the odds wouldn't be good) if there wasn't massive amounts of gold/FSP on reserve and available to the Guild. I'm not familiar with the item/reward drops (don't forget, I've not had Internet for a couple years), but if they are really good, then I certainly would agree with you with regards to keeping it difficult. However, if I may be so bold to state the obvious, how difficult is too difficult? The rewards shouldn't be so difficult that it really only benefits a certain few. It allows what is called a "monopoly".

Again, as I say, I think it's unbalanced quite a bit. Again - EXCELLENT idea, but it seems to heavily favour those who are the richest, or most able to "donate". This to me seems to be a perfect example of something that is, perhaps, too difficult. Again, if the rewards are so great, keep it difficult, but not outside of reach. There is a fine line there, I realize, but if the correct balance can be achieved - if the Titan system can be balanced, then you have something truely remarkable, and really incredible.

That's just my opinion with regards to the Titan system. Again, great idea, but seems very unbalanced, and heavily in favour of those who can afford it - as such, only a select few have control over the Titans, and can monopolize the entire Titan economy - in short, they can control prices, and can, in theory, control the entire game's economy. Again, just my thoughts.

Sincerely,

-DAWy

#6 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:40

in titan hunting, there are some cheaters.

these guys can move so fast that they'll be in and out of your square before you know it.

plus, oggy is a competitive titan, so it makes sense that you didn't get many kills :)

Don't worry, apart from not having dynamic urls, the system isn't glitched.

#7 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:43

Hello,

It seems terribly unbalanced, in my honest opinion. That's just my opinion, of course. As I said, I realize it's a feature that is more of a Guild feature than not, and it is an excellent idea. I like it a lot, as it promotes teamwork within the Guild that is attempting to kill it, and makes the whole concept of a Guild better.

It appears to be one kill to me. I managed to take on that Ogalith Titan (spotted in Eldora Plains - North at 1:00 ST, January 2) a couple times myself (with Mercs in a group). I managed to get to it several times - twice of which, no one else was on the same spot as me - and when I killed it, it moved instantly. If it's not suppose to be that way, then there's a glitch with the system.

Well, when I was hunting the Ogalith Titan, it seemed to move in a completely random order. If there is some kind of predictable pattern to its movement, then I missed it completely.

By that I meant it doesn't move untill killed, so it isn't random.

By big Guilds, I mean any Guild with a lot of members - especially ones with a lot of gold and/or FSP. Even if I had my Guild filled, and we were organized, I doubt we would win (at least the odds wouldn't be good) if there wasn't massive amounts of gold/FSP on reserve and available to the Guild.

I don't think so, if you have five people that knew what they were doing, two mercs that could be in a group with you and kill the titan you could definitely farm it easily.

I'm not familiar with the item/reward drops (don't forget, I've not had Internet for a couple years), but if they are really good, then I certainly would agree with you with regards to keeping it difficult. However, if I may be so bold to state the obvious, how difficult is too difficult? The rewards shouldn't be so difficult that it really only benefits a certain few. It allows what is called a "monopoly".

It benefits the few who have the brains and skill to get the titan, it is not a monopoly it is an EXTREMELY fair sport.

Again, as I say, I think it's unbalanced quite a bit. Again - EXCELLENT idea, but it seems to heavily favour those who are the richest, or most able to "donate". This to me seems to be a perfect example of something that is, perhaps, too difficult. Again, if the rewards are so great, keep it difficult, but not outside of reach. There is a fine line there, I realize, but if the correct balance can be achieved - if the Titan system can be balanced, then you have something truely remarkable, and really incredible.

Stop here, there is supposed to be a fine line between donators wealth and non-donators wealth, you can NOT come into an argument with saying that donators are making way more then non-donators.

That's just my opinion with regards to the Titan system. Again, great idea, but seems very unbalanced, and heavily in favour of those who can afford it - as such, only a select few have control over the Titans, and can monopolize the entire Titan economy - in short, they can control prices, and can, in theory, control the entire game's economy. Again, just my thoughts.

Sincerely,

-DAWy

Stop here, there is supposed to be a fine line between donators wealth and non-donators wealth, you can NOT come into an argument with saying that donators are making way more then non-donators.

EDIY: Took me 5 flipping mins to post this message due to crappy internet.

#8 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:21

EDIY: Took me 5 flipping mins to post this message due to crappy internet.

Since you have never hunted Titans, it's amazing you thought your opinion was worth 5 minutes to give.

Just because I have never done anything does not mean I don not know anything about it.

#9 fs_oblivion05

fs_oblivion05
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 14:50

Just because I have never done anything does not mean I don not know anything about it.

You do not know what you are talkin' about. Let me show you.

He is sayin' the titan moves in a random order through the map, and yes they do, so yes it is random.

I don't think so, if you have five people that knew what they were doing, two mercs that could be in a group with you and kill the titan you could definitely farm it easily.

Seriously? Groups? Mercs? <-- Equals easy farming? LOL. You're outta your mind, g'luck farming it with Mercs! ;)

I have no idea how you can call that people that know what they are doin'.

It benefits the few who have the brains and skill to get the titan, it is not a monopoly it is an EXTREMELY fair sport.

Titan hunting IS fair indeed but in a sense, it IS also a monopoly. You only see a couple of guilds win out of so many. You yourself state that it benefits "a few".

Oh, sorry I thought it was one, I've actually never hunted so I gather what I can from the forum rants.

You state yourself that you gather information through people that rant about it on the forums. Obviously you DO know nothin' about it.

Peace out!

#10 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 14:57

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert titan hunter but I'm pretty sure having to use group attacks to kill any titan is a very inefficient way of killing them. If you can't kill the titan on your own, even multi-hitting, you are at a disadvantage before you ever get started.

#11 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 15:14

You do not know what you are talkin' about. Let me show you.

He is sayin' the titan moves in a random order through the map, and yes they do, so yes it is random.

I am saying it doesn't move untill it is killed, but then moves to a random spot.

Seriously? Groups? Mercs? <-- Equals easy farming? LOL. You're outta your mind, g'luck farming it with Mercs! ;)

I have no idea how you can call that people that know what they are doin'.

According to him he managed to kill a titan with mercs, if you have people that know what to do based on this strategy you could get some points.

Titan hunting IS fair indeed but in a sense, it IS also a monopoly. You only see a couple of guilds win out of so many. You yourself state that it benefits "a few".

It benifites the few who are smart enough to use what they have to successfully hunt it, yes.

You state yourself that you gather information through people that rant about it on the forums. Obviously you DO know nothin' about it.

Peace out!

I actually do, just because I do not actively take part doesn't mean I don't know the basics.

#12 fs_oblivion05

fs_oblivion05
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 15:52

I am saying it doesn't move untill it is killed, but then moves to a random spot.

Duh, any idiot can figure out that it doesn't move until it's killed. OP was stating in a post that it was moving randomly to another spot, which you felt you need to reply to. Yes, it does move randomly.

According to him he managed to kill a titan with mercs, if you have people that know what to do based on this strategy you could get some points.

SOME points is NOT easy farming. Even if you have people that know what to do based on that stupid inefficient strategy, you ain't gonna get far.

It benifites the few who are smart enough to use what they have to successfully hunt it, yes.

So it IS a monopoly. 'Cause titan hunting is not gifted nor about being smart enough to use what you have - it's pure skill. Organized guilds with skill and speed are successful.

I actually do, just because I do not actively take part doesn't mean I don't know the basics.

Experience my friend, without experience you don't know half of what you think you do. Obviously you have no idea how to titan hunt, you just proved it. So don't come here claiming that you know the basics, 'cause even the basics do NOT include killing titans with groups and Mercs which basically equals stupidity. Yet you claim the smart "few" win over, and over.

Smart people would never tell hunters that it's ok to kill titans with groups. ;)

#13 DAWy

DAWy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 20:33

Hello,

My word, this has really sparked something up. Calm down, calm down, lol! Again, I was simply asking a question - which, I might add, was never answered, lol!

So it IS a monopoly. 'Cause titan hunting is not gifted nor about being smart enough to use what you have - it's pure skill. Organized guilds with skill and speed are successful.

It is indeed a monopoly. Just take a look at the Titan Kill Log. Now, granted that - what I'm about to say - granted that it doesn't always happen, it does happen for the most part, from what I have seen personally. I've noticed that the winning Guild usually wins by a huge margin - sometimes as much as *quadruple (that's 4 times, for anyone not familiar with the word "quadruple") the amount - compared to any other Guild that is shown as having participated in the kill. In addition, the winning Guild is usually a very well-know, high-level Guild with a lot of players - usually very well-off players, at that.

Again, that's not to say I haven't seen other Guilds winning, or much closer margins, but this is what I've personally observed.

Again, I can't stress this enough: great idea, but it seems unfairly balanced. I think it brings a whole new meaning to the Guild system, which is very nice to see. Unfortunately, lesser Guilds seem to have been left out - or purposely removed - from the mix. Once again, just my opinion.

Sincerely,

-DAWy

*Pardon me if the spelling is wrong. Too lazy to check myself, lol!

#14 DAWy

DAWy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 20:38

Hi,

Solo, tho, would be bloody difficult if not impossible. Which is how it should be.

And I concur (i.e. I agree). I certainly don't argue that fact, just so everyone knows. It's more of a Guild-oriented thing, and I'm all for it. If you want to do it solo, then it should be difficult.

TTFN!

-DAWy

#15 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 20:43

Hi,

Solo, tho, would be bloody difficult if not impossible. Which is how it should be.

And I concur (i.e. I agree). I certainly don't argue that fact, just so everyone knows. It's more of a Guild-oriented thing, and I'm all for it. If you want to do it solo, then it should be difficult.

TTFN!

-DAWy

Solo has been done before, all the way down to skally, if i'm not mistaken.

#16 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 21:09

Hello,

My word, this has really sparked something up. Calm down, calm down, lol! Again, I was simply asking a question - which, I might add, was never answered, lol!

It is indeed a monopoly. Just take a look at the Titan Kill Log. Now, granted that - what I'm about to say - granted that it doesn't always happen, it does happen for the most part, from what I have seen personally. I've noticed that the winning Guild usually wins by a huge margin - sometimes as much as *quadruple (that's 4 times, for anyone not familiar with the word "quadruple") the amount - compared to any other Guild that is shown as having participated in the kill. In addition, the winning Guild is usually a very well-know, high-level Guild with a lot of players - usually very well-off players, at that.

Again, that's not to say I haven't seen other Guilds winning, or much closer margins, but this is what I've personally observed.

Again, I can't stress this enough: great idea, but it seems unfairly balanced. I think it brings a whole new meaning to the Guild system, which is very nice to see. Unfortunately, lesser Guilds seem to have been left out - or purposely removed - from the mix. Once again, just my opinion.

Sincerely,

-DAWy

*Pardon me if the spelling is wrong. Too lazy to check myself, lol!

I do not believe it is "very well-know, high-level Guild with a lot of players - usually very well-off players" that get the drop, and I think that the players are so well off because of their ability to Titan hunt so well.

#17 DAWy

DAWy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:30

Greets,

BTW, when you first start Titan hunting, you face a learning curve for each map a Titan can spawn on. You first learn where the good waiting spots are and build up a reflexive knowledge of how far apart things are so that you can move fast with Lightwalk. Then you start to learn how to sense where people are tending to hunt and where they are not. It's different for every map. Experience is the only way to learn it.

The Elemental Titans make a good first place to try Titan hunting. The Level 100 Elemental Titan is a bit intense but nothing like a non-Elemental Titan. The level 300 and 500 Elemental Titans can be hunted at a relatively leisurely pace by conparison.

Thanks for the tips. Could you perhaps enlighten me as to what you mean by elemental Titans? I presume you're referring to Fire, Water, Earth, et cetera, but I want to make sure. If that's accurate, I presume non-elemental are like Ogalith? Perhaps, if you're able/willing to, you could list them, if you wouldn't mind?

Sincerely,

-DAWy

#18 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:33

Greets,

BTW, when you first start Titan hunting, you face a learning curve for each map a Titan can spawn on. You first learn where the good waiting spots are and build up a reflexive knowledge of how far apart things are so that you can move fast with Lightwalk. Then you start to learn how to sense where people are tending to hunt and where they are not. It's different for every map. Experience is the only way to learn it.

The Elemental Titans make a good first place to try Titan hunting. The Level 100 Elemental Titan is a bit intense but nothing like a non-Elemental Titan. The level 300 and 500 Elemental Titans can be hunted at a relatively leisurely pace by conparison.

Thanks for the tips. Could you perhaps enlighten me as to what you mean by elemental Titans? I presume you're referring to Fire, Water, Earth, et cetera, but I want to make sure. If that's accurate, I presume non-elemental are like Ogalith? Perhaps, if you're able/willing to, you could list them, if you wouldn't mind?

Sincerely,

-DAWy

Elemental are Wind, Earth Water, and Fire.
The rest are non-elemental.

#19 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 21:48

In the beginning, it was honestly a monopoly.

#20 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 22:04

In the beginning, it was honestly a monopoly.

In the beginning, evolutions dominated them all :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: