• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 13:43

I would like to know whether Animal Magnetism works on all elites or not.

#2 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:37

no

#3 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 21:24

That's a "qualified" no, if you're talking about the "big" quest elites no AM does not work on them but in some of the quests where you are required to kill 25-30 lesser "elites" then sometimes AM does work on them, not all of them but some of them.

#4 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2015 - 21:31

Well, the question was, "I would like to know whether Animal Magnetism works on all elites or not." and it doesn't work on all Elites, hence the reply of simply "no".

As for those Elites that have a bunch in one realm, it may not even be AM working, but instead they just have a faster respawn rate already. Maybe someone with Admin access could verify for us. ;)

#5 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 16:59

That's a "qualified" no, if you're talking about the "big" quest elites no AM does not work on them but in some of the quests where you are required to kill 25-30 lesser "elites" then sometimes AM does work on them, not all of them but some of them.

could you mention a few for example

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 19:06

AM does not work on ANY elites, Super or otherwise.  It works on normal beasties and champions only.  The nature of Elites and above makes AM unnecessary for them... Most are only needed to be killed once for a quest.  OFC some are farmed for their sets still, but they have never been affected by AM, because they are Elites.....

Edited by BadPenny, 25 February 2015 - 19:06.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 19:09

I don't remember any quests where you have to kill more than 1 Elite.... Champs, yeah, but not Elites....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2015 - 19:33

i thought elites were all on a set spawn time.. usually 1 or 2 elites in a area and respawn either 5,10,15 minute intervals.. so no point to AM on them.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 21:21

That's how I understand it as well... Elites have always been hunt and find the 1 or 2 in its realm.... Super Elites are just more rare and harder to find even though they have more spawn sites, it's still only 1 or 2 that spawn at any one time.... that was always the only distinction....   I would suggest a good lightfoot... it saves steps and every 1 stam counts in Erildath :D

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 22:58

actually depends on elite for instances recently i farmed tree golem elite for gnarled rings that has a instant respawn and am di work on it as i was getting 20 or so kills on most i found with am460 running might not be ment to work like that but doesnt change the fact it did

#11 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:50

Am only seems to work with Elites that are instant respawn, if I remember correctly Old One Eye is one, the Spectral Sabertooth is another,Tursas I believe is another.  If the Elite is not an instant respawn AM will not work with it.

#12 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:53

I don't remember any quests where you have to kill more than 1 Elite.... Champs, yeah, but not Elites....

I stand corrected the quest I was thinking about was actually Champions, but as I said in the prior post if the elite is an instant respawn then AM seems to work with them.

#13 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:06

Am only seems to work with Elites that are instant respawn, if I remember correctly Old One Eye is one, the Spectral Sabertooth is another,Tursas I believe is another.  If the Elite is not an instant respawn AM will not work with it.

i think that should be mentioned in the guide and wiki that which elites instant respawn and related information

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:40

There was an elite that was being farmed at eoc that Am worked on not sure if it was fixed or not but during the last xp event at least 2 players burned 100 k plus stam sitting on it.on one space.

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:01

AM only works on Elites that Instantly Respawn, as Rocknoor said. As such, there are only a very small number that AM will work on.

This may be down to being part of a special event (like Story Book Forest) or a special Quest line. They are pretty rare though.

#16 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 15:44

AM only works on Elites that Instantly Respawn, as Rocknoor said. As such, there are only a very small number that AM will work on.

Where could one find information regarding which elites respawn instantly?

#17 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 16:05

Where could one find information regarding which elites respawn instantly?

There isn't any it's by trial and error, go out into the wide world of Erildath and explore young kstbhs...JK...could'nt resist, there really is no guide to them sorry.

#18 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 16:08

Well thanks for the help :)

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 17:25

here's some old scripture that holds ancient information on elites spawns..  https://forums.hunte...ime-by-aurik16/

some of the elites in the beginning of the game have been removed or changed..

#20 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:43

Also i think there should be an option in the preferences which on on checking allows us to kill elites and even super elites with keyboard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: