• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 14:33

Hi, been poking around the forums looking for information but I haven't found a conclusive answer. For player reset (skill and attribute points) if I wish to go down to say level 40 from 350, do i need to first delevel to 40 and THEN get the upgrade or can I just get the upgrade and allocate points as needed? (IE I use this @ 350 and i just allocate the (80?) skill points to go to 40)

#2 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 15:22

Not sure if I am understanding the question correctly so I'll put it this way: If you buy a total reset, you do not need to be deleveled.

If, by chance, there is a way to gain more by deleveling yourself first, then I would consider that an exploit; and if it is an exploit, it would be a definant no-no.

Posted Image

#3 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 15:37

He's asking about his current actual level in terms of XP I believe. Meaning if he would be able to literally go to say, level 40 via reset via the upgrade and only allocate 40 levels worth of skill points/etc.

Of which, no. The Level system is confusing at times if you take the wording of it all at face value in this game. XP will still determine your actual level in terms of say being able to be on pvp ladder, pvp/gvg range, gear you can wear etc. Skill points allocated will sort of lock in what level  you "are" in terms of "virtual level" the level you reached in terms of amount of skill points allocated..... or so I am of the understanding.... (anyone feel free to correct if I'm missing something here :/)

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#4 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 15:59

He's asking about his current actual level in terms of XP I believe. Meaning if he would be able to literally go to say, level 40 via reset via the upgrade and only allocate 40 levels worth of skill points/etc.

Of which, no. The Level system is confusing at times if you take the wording of it all at face value in this game. XP will still determine your actual level in terms of say being able to be on pvp ladder, pvp/gvg range, gear you can wear etc. Skill points allocated will sort of lock in what level  you "are" in terms of "virtual level" the level you reached in terms of amount of skill points allocated..... or so I am of the understanding.... (anyone feel free to correct if I'm missing something here :/)

Ok so now to my understanding i need to first take my actual xp down to that of the level i would like and then use the reset?

#5 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 18:43

Ok so now to my understanding i need to first take my actual xp down to that of the level i would like and then use the reset?

if you want your virtual level  back to 40 then you should either:

- delevel your actual level to 40 and either then reset your attribute points not skill points!!!! this will make your virtual level also drop down to 40 so you can enter these bands

or reset first and only allocate 80 attribute points = level 40 and then delevel this way your virtual level will drop with every actual level lost

hope this is the answer to your question

i think that skill points could still remain allocated you should see and try i'm not really sure

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#6 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 February 2014 - 00:07

if you want your virtual level  back to 40 then you should either:

- delevel your actual level to 40 and either then reset your attribute points not skill points!!!! this will make your virtual level also drop down to 40 so you can enter these bands

or reset first and only allocate 80 attribute points = level 40 and then delevel this way your virtual level will drop with every actual level lost

hope this is the answer to your question

i think that skill points could still remain allocated you should see and try i'm not really sure

This << Sort of a reset wipes every thing I think at least I was told it did... At any rate to quickly lose levels.. Take all gear off and Pick on a nice high level Mob and lose the fights....

Edited by Shylark57, 09 February 2014 - 00:12.

#7 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:39

Your actual level is determined by your current XP and your virtual level is determined by the HIGHEST of current XP or allocated level up points.  Your virtual level will rise and fall with your actual level based on current XP except when you have allocated level points.  The virtual level will never fall below the level of allocated level up points (you get 2 points per level) so if you have allocated 700 points, your virtual level will not fall below 350 even though your actual level may still drop to level 1.  Hopefully that explains actual and virtual levels so now let's address losing levels.  If you want to go from 350 to 40 you will need to lose 310 levels and buy a player reset from the upgrades page but the order in which you do this is up to you.  If you reset first, your actual and virtual levels will drop at the same rate.  You can enter maps and wear gear for your current level until you reach your goal.  If you drop first then your actual level will fall but your virtual level will stay high until you reset and you will only be able to enter maps at your current actual level.  You will also pvp and gvg at your virtual level, not your actual level.  Another note is buying a player reset will reset your level up points and your skill points.  You will have to re-allocate both but you only get skill points based on your allocated level up points.  If you drop to level 40 and allocate 80 level up points to set your virtual level at 40, then you will only have 200 skill points to buy buffs.  Your max buff level will also be at whatever a level 40 normally has.

Screenshot everything!

#8 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:47

Quoted Wrong Person  :( ignore this message.

Edited by Devilo, 11 February 2014 - 07:54.

#9 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:52

Your actual level is determined by your current XP and your virtual level is determined by the HIGHEST of current XP or allocated level up points.  Your virtual level will rise and fall with your actual level based on current XP except when you have allocated level points.  The virtual level will never fall below the level of allocated level up points (you get 2 points per level) so if you have allocated 700 points, your virtual level will not fall below 350 even though your actual level may still drop to level 1.  Hopefully that explains actual and virtual levels so now let's address losing levels.  If you want to go from 350 to 40 you will need to lose 310 levels and buy a player reset from the upgrades page but the order in which you do this is up to you.  If you reset first, your actual and virtual levels will drop at the same rate.  You can enter maps and wear gear for your current level until you reach your goal.  If you drop first then your actual level will fall but your virtual level will stay high until you reset and you will only be able to enter maps at your current actual level.  You will also pvp and gvg at your virtual level, not your actual level.  Another note is buying a player reset will reset your level up points and your skill points.  You will have to re-allocate both but you only get skill points based on your allocated level up points.  If you drop to level 40 and allocate 80 level up points to set your virtual level at 40, then you will only have 200 skill points to buy buffs.  Your max buff level will also be at whatever a level 40 normally has.

This is true?   :huh:

i never knew you could delevel your Virtual Level.  :unsure:

Who would want to do that?   :blink:

Edited by Devilo, 11 February 2014 - 07:54.

#10 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2014 - 17:57

people who want to play on the low level ladders :P what weapon4war did i think :P

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: