Photo

Structure Addition for GvG

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Poll: New structure for GvG (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Should a new structure be added for GvGing similar to the Scout Tower?

1. Yes (173 votes [91.05%])

Percentage of vote: 91.05%

2. No (17 votes [8.95%])

Percentage of vote: 8.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:38

I think people just misinterpreted the idea. Probably assumed it was giving guilds a notification about which people ENEMY guilds were hitting in your guild. Which isn't the case, this structure would simply be a Logging system for conflicts showing which of YOUR GVGers participated and how many hits they did.

Precisely!

#42 Hesterite

Hesterite

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 19:20

We don't initiate GvG but I can see how this would be useful

#43 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 21:05

I'm leaning towards Yes on this but simply because I can't see how it would negatively effect anyone...

Initial reaction:

My main reason for liking it is the fact that I can see it as a nice gold sink... however... I'm guessing that's highly unlikely. For the record, I love GvG...

Here's my logic (again... could be flawed):

Attacking Guilds... won't they find this to be useless? You can see in the GL who attacks and see the results. *scratches head* Why would you spend more gold for this option?

Those that farm GvG (tongue-in-cheek) definitely wouldn't need it.... multie accusations aside.

Defending Guilds (and here I'm assuming somebody pays for it).... Not only do I think they don't need it... but I highly doubt they'd be willing to pay for it.

Keep in mind that I like GvG, I'm 100% for a gold sink and I can't see a negative aspect to this... except...

I don't really fathom any substantial benefit to the game and FS Players in general coming from it, especially after that... uh.. HCS suggestion on limiting levels... which leads me to...

I'd much rather like to see HCS spending their precious time on recent endeavors and further ones that I think are more important to the game as a whole. Again, that's not a knock at GvG... and I won't get off topic.

That said, and trying to remain on topic... I don't think this suggestion would fix GvG or make it more interesting in any way, shape or form.

SUMMARY:

Possible benefit: Gold sink?

Negative: waste of HCS time.

REQUEST:

If you have some insightful input... which directly responds to my doubts, feel free to pm me in FS once you've posted it.

#44 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 22:08

I'm leaning towards Yes on this but simply because I can't see how it would negatively effect anyone...

Initial reaction:

My main reason for liking it is the fact that I can see it as a nice gold sink... however... I'm guessing that's highly unlikely. For the record, I love GvG...

Here's my logic (again... could be flawed):

Attacking Guilds... won't they find this to be useless? You can see in the GL who attacks and see the results. *scratches head* Why would you spend more gold for this option?

Those that farm GvG (tongue-in-cheek) definitely wouldn't need it.... multie accusations aside.

Defending Guilds (and here I'm assuming somebody pays for it).... Not only do I think they don't need it... but I highly doubt they'd be willing to pay for it.

Keep in mind that I like GvG, I'm 100% for a gold sink and I can't see a negative aspect to this... except...

I don't really fathom any substantial benefit to the game and FS Players in general coming from it, especially after that... uh.. HCS suggestion on limiting levels... which leads me to...

I'd much rather like to see HCS spending their precious time on recent endeavors and further ones that I think are more important to the game as a whole. Again, that's not a knock at GvG... and I won't get off topic.

That said, and trying to remain on topic... I don't think this suggestion would fix GvG or make it more interesting in any way, shape or form.

SUMMARY:

Possible benefit: Gold sink?

Negative: waste of HCS time.

REQUEST:

If you have some insightful input... which directly responds to my doubts, feel free to pm me in FS once you've posted it.

you are right, no harm done if this is implemented. :)

#45 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 June 2013 - 16:21

A new structure that logs all GVGs? Yes please. :D

I really need it too , it would be awesome !!!!! :)

clock96.gif

#46 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 June 2013 - 20:46

First off let me start by agreeing that it won't fix GVG or make it more exciting. However, it will make it much easier for those guilds who still continue to payout for GVGs, to do so. Guilds CAN see who hit in the conflict but they have no way of telling who died and caused the loss without forcing the players to be honest about misses. And that conflict info only stays for 24 hours, so this doesn't help guilds that only payout when a Fang sells.

Defending Guilds might need it if they payout for defenses or if they have 1 team that does actively attack. I feel this part is like the Scout Tower, yes the option is there to get it, but if you don't actively participate then you don't HAVE to get the structure since no one is forcing you.

This is mainly for those Guilds that are still active with GVG and pay out after RP items sell. It does have some benefit to the people hitting(Multi or not lol) as well since a lot of GVGers like to keep their own personal record of how many hits/wins/losses they've done. I see this structure as a convenience tool more than anything else and if a guild is willing to sink gold for that convenience, then more power to them.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#47 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:10

Bump

#48 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:23

There was a player once who organised a GvG competition. All the active guilds participated.

It was wonderful! I think Keep of the Four Winds won it.

There could be something like the ladder for GvG, with a structure like the Scouts Tower.

great

#49 whisperer

whisperer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 21:28

sounds good to me

#50 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 15:52

Bump

#51 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:06

Bump... Keeping voting!...

#52 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 23:01

Bump

#53 txcowboy

txcowboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:32

This sounds more useful than hurtful, I vote yesh ^_^

#54 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 13:44

Well, I have the support for this idea here. Now what say you, HCS?

Another note: There are 100 structure slots, but there are only 36 structures to be built.. So there seems to be a bunch of room for another structure!

#55 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 July 2013 - 13:55

I voted yes.

Wouldn't hurt anything, and to those who pay for GvG conflicts, I'm sure it'd be an easier way to tell who did what so there's no "he said/she said" conflict between the guild.

#56 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 13:47

Bump

#57 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 19:39

BUMP!

#58 Abdullah89

Abdullah89

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:11

I think people just misinterpreted the idea. Probably assumed it was giving guilds a notification about which people ENEMY guilds were hitting in your guild. Which isn't the case, this structure would simply be a Logging system for conflicts showing which of YOUR GVGers participated and how many hits they did.

that is exactly the way I was thinking of it being the 1st 2 times I read the suggestion...than I took a min to think a little bit more about it and figured out what he ment by it. :)

#59 Abdullah89

Abdullah89

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:16

my vote....wait for it, wait for it...waaaaiiiiit for iiiiiiit.....YES. :D

#60 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 13:23

Bump.. If you have voted no, please comment on why!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: