FallenSword Item Stats Calculator

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2007 - 00:44

I got tired of using a pencil and paper to try to calculate how different items would change my stats. So I created an item stats calculator. Every item in the game is in there and it automatically calculates your stats based on the items you select.

http://www.rubicksman.com

There is a column for each category of items and a link above the column will take you to the items pages. From here you can select the items you would like to try out and it will show you how they will change your stats.

Update! There is now a version with no macros and it should work with any version of Excel. The major difference with this new version is that you have to manually copy and paste the items info into the right columns on the stats page. I'm still working on making it completely usable from the website so you don't have to download anything.

#2 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 00:35

Actually the Item Stats Calculator website has been moved to http://www.rubicksman.com It is completely safe I assure you. It has been tested and updated with the newest items.

#3 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:07

I downloaded this and it looks great. Would be excellent if it allowed you to wear 2 sets at a time but that is a minor quibble. Good job and thanks for sharing :)

06:07 14/Jun/2007 You sent Rubicksman 1 FallenSword Points

#4 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 21:37

Two sets at the same time... I didn't think of that when I designed the thing. It shouldn't be too hard to make the necessary adjustments. I'll include it in my next update this weekend.

Thanks for the FSP! :)

www.rubicksman.com

#5 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:14

bump

#6 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:27

Ok I've added a column for a second set. I'm also planing another minor content update by the middle of the week. I have some ideas for some major changes for the look and and layout to make it better but I'm learning Excel as I go so it might take a while. Keep checking for updates.

#7 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 22:04

Thanks for updating this calculator. I downloaded the latest version but it doesn't allow me to select a second set - it just replaces the first set.

#8 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:16

I know. I got a lot of emails and webform submissions about that. I would have to make another "item sets" page which is no big deal. I would have to make all the buttons which is easy. But the part that would take me hours is creating all the macros to make the buttons work. I thought that it was more important to input the column for the second item set as soon as possible so that people could still use it. You can manually copy and paste the second set info into the second set column on the stats page. It will work that way. Please be patient. I will create the macros for the second set column when I have time and I'll post the updated version by Thursday, maybe sooner. Everything else works just fine as far as I know. Thanks for using it and keep the feedback coming!
Rubicksman.

#9 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:54

I've added a brief instructions page to my website. If you have macors enabled then clicking the "select" buttons above the items should automatically put the item's stats into the right column on the stats page. If you don't have macros enabled then you can still use it but you will have to copy and paste the item with its stats into the stats page. I don't have any decent image editing software to get screenshots and stuff for more detailed instructions. If anybody wants to help me out with this I'd appreciate it.

#10 Iago

Iago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:42

We remind players that Hunted Cow Studios cannot be held responsible for any third party programs/software. Using this fan-made program is entirely up to the individual.

Nice work though, Rubicksman! :)

Iago
Web Developer, Game Developer.

#11 Cathbadh

Cathbadh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 13:57

'I am tired of using up my staminas on aquatic horrors' - QuenoWORLD

If you are having problems with the Aquatic Horrors I seem to remember they have Piercing Strike, I died alot then moved to Burrow Grubs (Odin Caves, Level 1) still get killed occasionaly but nothing like as bad as the Aquatic Horrors... :D

DodgeThissig04.jpg

#12 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 14:18

Thanks for your compliments Iaganatzi. I'm trying to get my website in the fansites list. I know you can't be responsible for what I create, but I hold myself responsible. I'm doing this to help my fellow FS community and hopefully get myself some FSP in the process. Everybody knows who I am and I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

#13 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 20:56

Thank you so much. It feels nice to get some appreciation. QuenoWORLD if you could not add items to the stats page then it might be because you got one of my earlier versions which had locked cell issues. You should still be able to copy and paste or just type the item and stats info into the columns on the stats page. This will work even without macros but looses some functionality. I'll keep updating the file as new items and sets are added to the game. I'll have my next update sometime this weekend. I'll also try to post a better "screenshots and instructions" page. Remember if you have any problems with it please let me know here http://www.rubicksma...uggestions.html

Thanks again.

#14 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:58

The item stats calculator has been updated with every item and set in the game as of today, 23 June. I've also added buttons and macros for the second item set page. I also made a few corrections to some items that had the wrong stats listed. (I got all the item stats info from the FS guide website which is not 100% accurate.) If you find any missing items or wrong info please submit a form from my website. http://www.rubicksman.com

#15 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:24

Awesome job! This makes trying on new gear so much easier. Thank you for sharing this with the FS community.

#16 fs_onemember

fs_onemember
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2007 - 14:17

Thank you :)

This is very useful. Good job ;)

#17 fs_bugala

fs_bugala
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2007 - 22:59

Mods: Stick this please.

#18 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:03

Thanks Bugala and everybody for your support. If I was just doing this for myself I would not have put so much work into it so it is nice to hear people find it as useful as I do.

UPDATE: The FS Item Stats Calculator has been updated. This was a minor update. I added all the new items including the new level 170 set and a few items that have not yet made it onto the FSguide website. I also fixed a few errors such as the Holy Ring being listed as craftable and the Nomad set bonus and Jara Rune. I'd like to say thank you to those who have submitted feedback.

I'm studying php and MySQL intensely so I can make it completely usable from the website. That way you don't have to download anything. If you don't have excel you can get a free two month trial version from the Microsoft website.

#19 fs_devinegod

fs_devinegod
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 21:15

bump!! This really helped me!

#20 fs_rubicksman

fs_rubicksman
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:53

There is now a version without macros for those of you who are afraid of macros or couldn't get them to work right. You will have to copy and paste the item stats info from the items pages into the stats page but it will still calculate everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: