188 replies to this topic

#181 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 22:19

All i know its hard for HC's and community to follow and read big posts with lots of talking...

If someone doesn't like it just say "no and the reason" no need to write down whole FS story  :P

Wish HC's kept the idea simpler like how it was suggested...

#182 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2013 - 22:46

2) Have "Composing Level" (how good your character is at it) affect the duration of the potions. From, say, 15 minutes at level 1 to 120 minutes at max level.

3) I think crafting and forging should matter, but not item level. The first two cost FSP and/or gold to obtain, but the last doesn't. This also gives an edge to breaking down gear as opposed to breaking down quest items and resources. I like the idea of +1 fragment for each forge. The crafting should provide a multiplier in my opinion.
       - Very Poor: 1.1 times the number of fragments
       - Poor: 1.2 times the number of fragments
       - Average: 1.3 times the number of fragments
       - Good: 1.4 times the number of fragments
       - Very Good: 1.6 times the number of fragments
       - Excellent: 1.8 times the number of fragments
       - Perfect: 2 times the number of fragments
Also, forging costs are not linear, so 4 forges on one item should be worth more than 2 forges on two items.
       - 1 forge: 1 fragment
       - 2 forges: 2 fragments
       - 3 forges: 3 fragments
       - 4 forges: 5 fragments
       - 5 forges: 8 fragments
Of course, you get 1 fragment for decomposing (ha!) the item to begin with. Also, I'd round all partial fragments up. So some examples are in order:
       - a poor item with no forges gets 2 fragments; 1 for the item times 1.2 for crafting gives 1.2, rounds up to 2
       - a very good item with 3 forges gets 7 fragments; 4 for the item (1 for the base item plus 3 for forging) times 1.6 for crafting gives 6.4, rounds up to 7
       - a perfect, fully forged item gets 18 fragments; 9 for the item (1 for the base item plus 8 for forging) times 2 for crafting gives 18 even

4) I strongly feel that the composing potions should be potion-only skills, ideally composing-only skills. This is for several reasons.

a) the economy of the game is pretty well-balanced, and you don't want farmers and potion makers to disappear; they provide valuable services
  B) using old skills gives lower-level players access to higher-level skills, reducing the incentive to level; we may as well use a flat skill tree for regular buffs
  c) we get new skills in the game! Those are always fun. (no free skill reset, though; they're not buffs!)

5) I think that Distil and Brewing Master should be allowed to affect the potions. They are potions, after all. Just tweak the levels and durations to assume, say, Distil 50 and Brewing Master 175, which are cheap enough to be affordable by a large segment of the player base. That is, if you want a skill to be level 200, make it level 190 instead and the assumed Distil 50 will bring it up to 200. And if you want the duration to be 90 min, make it 48 min instead so it becomes 90 after using Brewing Master 175.

6) I'm waffling on the bound/unbound part. If the skills are composing-only, I'd go with unbound because they won't compete with any other sector of the economy, unless the new skills make some old ones obsolete. That can be avoided with careful planning of the new skills. Them being bound wouldn't bother me, though.

7) If it's going to take long amounts of time to compose potions, PLEASE allow a "composing queue" that will start the next potion as soon as the current one is done. The gold upgrades are bad enough in that you have to log in at the exact same time every day to get the full use of them. To prevent abuse, you could make the queue 3 or 4 potions long.

This entire post sums up my thoughts almost exactly. I  like the idea of the craft and forge of an item effect the amount of fragments, as well as the ability to create a composing queue.

Would like to add: Maybe the composing levels also work like Inventor 2, giving a small chance of saving some fragments while composing. Could give players some incentive to keep at it.

#183 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 22:56

well here my 2 cents on this

so the point of this is for item sink and gold sink

-well i feel these new potions should be new buffs therefore not affecting current people creating potion and farmers etc. therefore keeping the flow of things there

-Since people are saying potions should be bound, guild bound etc im proposing a new structure for guild that has to do with composing

for example the guild could make buffs for a individual or the entire guild as a whole but players would have to drop the items into the guild so they can be composed  and the structure would have like 3 levels the first for creation next one to see how many fragments you have and the third one that allows you to make buff for whole guild(didnt put much thought into structure)

- i feel there should be a cost for decomposing items not an expensive one but cheap i'd say

#184 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 23:02

My 2 gold

I think that the available buffs and levels are fine.

I think that the gold costs for crating the potion is OK.

Have you really thought about how many commin items will be needed and where they will com from?

Unless I did my math wrong, an AL200 pot needs 40 common items, a LF500 pot needs 100, an AL/LF needs 280, a DBL750 needs 150, a COA250/COD250 needs 200 and a CON200 / AL200 / SK250 requires 390.

Where will higher level players get these items? Likely by hunting in very low area levels, exactly where new players are trying to level at. If I wre a new player and could not find mobs to hunt, it would greatly reduce my interest in the game.

#185 JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 23:09

My 2 gold

I think that the available buffs and levels are fine.

I think that the gold costs for crating the potion is OK.

Have you really thought about how many commin items will be needed and where they will com from?

Unless I did my math wrong, an AL200 pot needs 40 common items, a LF500 pot needs 100, an AL/LF needs 280, a DBL750 needs 150, a COA250/COD250 needs 200 and a CON200 / AL200 / SK250 requires 390.

Where will higher level players get these items? Likely by hunting in very low area levels, exactly where new players are trying to level at. If I wre a new player and could not find mobs to hunt, it would greatly reduce my interest in the game.

do higher level players not deal with common drops?

there are enough rats out there for everyone if that is the case =P

#186 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 23:14

All in all i love the idea of going hunting to get gear or use the gear i get from my hunt in something worth it instead of destroying it...

But what if u made the formula requiring like
X1 FF unique item fragment+5 rare NF fragment or something like that.. you work it out... instead of making ppl bid gold u better make em wast ff items specaily when the player reach a high lvl ...

I mean at the begging of each potion lvl its cheaper then.get to a FullyForged fragment rare/unique (it ll make it expensive at the same time u wont use Epics or Legendary)

I think it is still pretty much expensive, i wont pay 15 FSPs (least forgin price) in SH250... but just giving the idea maybe u ll use some of it for help....

#187 jzaz

jzaz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 23:58

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but will there be a space to store these fragments? For example, the backpack is used to store items and the component spaces are used to store components. 

It seems a little complicated at first, but I'm sure I will get used to it and use it to its full potential. Interesting.  :)

EDIT: Also, SH 250 would be overpowering even as a bound potion. 175 is already strong enough IMO.

#188 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 May 2013 - 00:07

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but will there be a space to store these fragments? For example, the backpack is used to store items and the component spaces are used to store components.

Hoof mentioned the fragments won't require any separate inventory space. They would be held and counted in the new Composing tab.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#189 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 00:56

Revision 1.1 posted up based on feedback on this thread :)

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=56761

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: