hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:19

A heartfelt welcome, pats on the back when they accomplish something or even just a push in the right direction will help retain players.

I have permission from Xakano to assemble a team to greet new players to try & retain more number of players.
This is not a guild.

The team:
-hbklives
-xl5box
-driller67
-Command14
-kafziel
-nibblian
-dukefn92
-UkyoKuonji
-9divine
-n00bk1ng
-SmexyKai
-Zivilyn
-killerz15
-Zukira
-rjf921
-Etlebrook
-Strykes
-darkslade9
-fir3mast3r
-sarbara
-Beast23
-AttorraRu
-UnnamedOne
-beLIEve
-neil7887
-TheSt4lker
-kylers
-stormfury3
-markaaron
-lordthade

Possible Team:
-BraveKath

I would like to start a new generation of players. Who are able to enjoy the game without restrictions or infallible addictions to wealth. I want to start the beginning of what we would call the "new" era of FS.
That's what we need, a new breed of player that is for everyone instead of want, want, want. There is more satisfaction in working your way up, then using others as a steeping stone. I feel like they could learn this easily. All we need is dedicated players who want to help the next generation learn.

More details to come..

If you would like to join the team, PM me in game or add a comment below.
This post will be edited with the team, along with other information as it arrives. :)
Thank you!

-Helpful links for greeting new players:
Darkarchon's Leveling Guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39559
Yotekiller's Guild Guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95352
Koenvdv's Equipment Guide: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104304
Sigiloso's Spainish FS Guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16065
List of Guild's that Accept Low Levels: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52081

Constructive feedback only please.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#2 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:30

here I was thinking this would be about a guild, oops.

#3 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:41

Is this a guild or what?

#4 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:42

No, this is not a guild. This is a team assembled by me(along with others who want to join.) to try and retain players.

#5 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:43

ill join!

#6 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:44

Alright, I'll add you to the list. Along with put you in my notepad for future reference. I'm still speaking with Xakano about the details though.

This post is subject to edit for each person who wants to join.

#7 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:45

So what do we do ? New ideas?

#8 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:48

Well, I am speaking with Xakano about just greeting new players as they are made.
Giving them personal tutorials so they can understand the game, along with a step in the right direction. (guild, upgrades, gear, etc.)
That way they don't end up someone's slave or a victim of verbal/social abuse.
I feel like this will help players get a better understanding of the game on a more personal level.

#9 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:53

and guess who they will ask for gold, fsp, and buffs from 10 times a day..lol

Every time i get a kill in the se log, I get one of those. I'm glad to help players who want to learn, but 75% of new players want the win button...

#10 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:01

A heartfelt welcome, pats on the back when they accomplish something or even just a push in the right direction will help retain players.

I have permission from Xakano to assemble a team to greet new players to try & retain more number of players.
This is not a guild.

The team:
-hbklives
-xl5box

I would like to start a new generation of players. Who are able to enjoy the game without restrictions or infallible addictions to wealth. I want to start the beginning of what we would call the "new" era of FS.
That's what we need, a new breed of player that is for everyone instead of want, want, want. There is more satisfaction in working your way up, then using others as a steeping stone. I feel like they could learn this easily. All we need is dedicated players who want to help the next generation learn.

More details to come..

If you would like to join the team, PM me in game or add a comment below.
This post will be edited with the team, along with other information as it arrives. :)
Thank you!

Constructive feedback only please.

Frankly, I don't care if you consider this non-constructive... I'm a tad insulted what's wrong being an "old-school" type player. I say old-school because I presume I'm not a part of this new breed. If you want this group as a welcome committee for new players that's fine. Teaching newer players to be successful is a good thing. Maybe I am reading to much into this (I have that habit) but it seems you are insulting the way older players have played this game and want to have the new players play your way. Again if I have misunderstood your purpose I do apologize. Having a group of players ready and willing to give noobs tips maybe even free buffs and low level gear is a good thing. I was lucky I was brought into this game by a friend already in an established guild and was able to learn from those members.(thanks to paingwin Iskerr torva woopy et al.) yea that's about it for a rant back to work

#11 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:05

I promise I am not insulting the older players. :) The "new" generation I am talking about is a rehashing of the older generations when people were a lot more generous & so on. :) Trust me, I've seen this game change a lot & feel no need to insult anyone.
You are right. The team would help with gear, buffs, etc. :D

#12 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:32

If were gonna greet im fine with that but how will we know we cant check the find player every second maybe if we got like 5 people and if someone could code something so when somebody new joins we get an alert.

#13 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:33

That's what I was thinking or something of the sort. :)

#14 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:35

But if they are rude i will not help them .

#15 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:40

I can understand that. If they were, just refer them to me. :) I'm very easy going & wouldn't mind straightening people out.

#16 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:43

I don't mind about not sayig pls and thank you but like demanding fsp , i will not take it .If some people are very nice i might help with gld and fsp though.

#17 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:47

Mhm, as like a reward would be nice or to help them get gear and such. :)

#18 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:50

We should make a page of rules and help and if they have questions they can ask us. And i dont know if this is possible but hcs could give us a test and if we pass we could get a title as a helper and there can be an online helper search and if you are qualified and want to join you can . And the newbies can rate your work and hcs gets these rates and if you get a bad average you are kicked from helper.

#19 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:53

Just a sanity check for you guys here. I admire your drive to help new players and think anything to retain interest is excellent.

However....

When the game ran a count of 'Accounts' rather than 'Players Online' as its main metric there were over 4 million listed. Bear in mind that this was when the game was 2-3 years old (or thereabouts).

That works out at about 2-3 new accounts being created (on average) every minute of every day for the three years.

You will need a *very* dedicated team to manage all those incoming contacts (even if the rate of account creation has dropped somewhat since then).

Good luck!

#20 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:55

There might not be many people who want to do this since we dont get anything from it but even 2 people is some good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: