• United States of America

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:57

I'm very dedicated. :)

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#22 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:58

Yes but how many has that decreased to now since then and even with that with a good group we could take care of that.

#23 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 15:01

And there has been days ive played about 5 hrs straight (a few stops for toilet) recruiting for my guild (doesn't stand anymore) so i guess i could do that for people joining .

Also we could work with a few guilds who would like to help new joiners .

#24 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 15:02

And i know they would fill up in minutes but theres loads of guilds who want to do this and if a members pace is very slow they can try someone new

#25 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 15:39

Would anyone else like to join? :)

#26 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 15:44

I see this has been stickied so can you change the title a bit? Maybe to A Welcoming Team instead as it can be misleading now ;)

#27 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 15:48

Alright, thank you for your contribution!

#28 fs_kafziel

fs_kafziel
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 16:08

Folks, she is trying to help the new players. remember when you were new and didn't know anything? remember how you put your level up points in the wrong places and got skills that you wouldn't ever need ever? remember how you bought equipment wayy beyond your level because you didn't understand the level requirements or because it looked shiny and had awesome stats? remember that first guild, where no one would take you in because your character wasn't up to the 'calibur' of the rest of the members? because i do. awesome job, hbklives, for creating a place where new members can start their journeys in the world of fallen sword. awesome job for providing some direction--direction they may not have gotten otherwise--and helping them not to give up. awesome job for providing new players, who most likely don't have any friends or knowledge of the people or anything else, a place where they can get some experience. awesome job for being willing to use your time to help people. keep up the good work!

#29 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 17:06

tbh, I'm only here because of your super epic Azusa Nakano sig, but good luck with ... whatver you're trying to do tho

I Posted Image Azu-nyan!

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#30 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 17:27

sounds like a mentor program " big brother and sister" type thing

#31 fs_ukyokuonji

fs_ukyokuonji
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 17:42

*thumbs up*

count me in :P

#32 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 17:43

Woot, added. :)

Anymore volunteers?

#33 fs_darkane5

fs_darkane5
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 18:51

Might not be able to do too much in the gear department since im still kinda low level myself but i know how important a good friend is when starting this game is. i nearly quit till i joined Death in a Paperbag! and now me and one other member are working hard to rebuild i because it aloud us a great start and it was fun i looked forward to logging on everyday! Just having someone to help out and talk to about the game will make more members stay!

On another note as for campianing to get to the newer players we could always keep are eye on the logs of active players and even if we have all we can handle we can find a way to post there names somewhere so someone else with a lighter load can help them out. But thats just a random thought.

Anyway im in if you need me to do anything just send me a In game message i dont get on the forums often but ill be checking on this page every so often ^^

And to everyone! Good luck!

#34 SmexyKai

SmexyKai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2012 - 18:54

I'd like to help out too.

#35 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 18:56

Added. :) I'll post more details in a little bit as well.

#36 Tusca

Tusca

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 19:21

Good job HBK :o nice to see some positivity being injected into the fs community

#37 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 19:30

Count me in.

I have wanted something like this in the game for years. With the new tutorial it could be introduced early on as a way for new players to know better who to ask, ie who would be most likely to be willing to help them at a given time. The game can say that there are players ready willing and able to help them - and leave the decision to contact someone up to them.

Notifying the helpers of a new account being made is a -bad- idea though. There are still days where if you are looking about at the right time you will notice massive numbers of multis being made. I would not want to have a ping every time a multi was made.

Now the question is, how to go about this so it is useful and non intrusive.

*what if the option to be a greeter or helper is open, maybe the cows could add a preference so we can turn off or on our name showing on the 'available helpers' list (think another online players list that is only available to those under a certain level) Having it on would override your messaging settings (except ignore) for new players.

--this would save headache if you are in the middle of a hunt for example
--add a snazzy little button saying 'view online helpers' and get the list of online helpers.
-- the rules of communication 'blurb' from the fsbox post page should be added to the footer of the send message window. Helpers should reference that if any begging occurs.
--Gifting to players to help them with a purchase of loyalty potions(s) as newbies is up to the helper to decide if it is better to buff and spend stamina and know the buffs went on or to give 1000 to 2000 gold and tell someone how to buy and use potions.

Definition of a new player?

Straight up newly made account *yes*
Player returning after a prolongued absense below a certain (to be determined) level *maybe* ?

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Helpers should not treat the idea of being a helper or greeter as a guild recruitment tool. Let the new player broach the subject if they want to join your guild. Otherwise, explain guilds in a neutral manner and perhaps be familiar with a few that accept newbies and are capable of actually helping new players. If your guild does accept newbies, you can mention it, but also mention a couple others so that the new player does not feel pressured because you are helping them.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#38 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 19:39

Count me in.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Helpers should not treat the idea of being a helper or greeter as a guild recruitment tool. Let the new player broach the subject if they want to join your guild. Otherwise, explain guilds in a neutral manner and perhaps be familiar with a few that accept newbies and are capable of actually helping new players. If your guild does accept newbies, you can mention it, but also mention a couple others so that the new player does not feel pressured because you are helping them.

I agree with everything you said & will send the above suggestion to Xakano! :)
Also, I have treated all guilds neutral.
Sent them here to decide: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52081
That way, they can choose. :)

#39 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:11

It may be idealistic, but I do think it's a lovely idea. I admit to feeling very busy with the running of our guild, but I've often reached out to a new player here or there when I liked their banter. Of course I've kicked some to the curb too when they begged, but this isn't about negativity, this is about assisting those who will want a hand, not a hand out.

Excellent idea. Please keep me posted and if I can be of assistance, let me know :)

#40 DarkSlade9

DarkSlade9

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 13:24

Count me in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: