• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#41 Strykes

Strykes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 14:01

Good idea.... i dont mind helping out...

however , i think brand new players is a bad idea...

possibly set a set of guidelines to differentiate SERIOUS new players , from just new accounts...

IE: active for 7 days, minimum level 10 , etc etc...

otherwise you are setting it up to fail..... it will just become an overbearing burden, and will end up with everyone forgetting about it...

#42 Etlebrook

Etlebrook

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2012 - 14:07

I am not up as often as I would like to be, but would like to be added. I still remember how lost I was when I first started the game (The test server brought back some of those confusing bits).
I find we forget how confusing the very beginning design of the game is. It is actually hard to remember where you should go get stuff, which quest is done in what order, etc etc. I remember my almost quit this thing points were at level 40, and level 150 for some reason.

edited:::
I know we have a Newbie forum. I hope there is a link to this in the tutorial. I also think that this one area can sometimes warrant a moderator (or two or three).

#43 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 February 2012 - 17:52

Added to the list, started a new list called Possible Team for those who are undecided! :)

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#44 ashgaerath01

ashgaerath01

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 20:56

Well You know me :) Count me in :) helping ppl is in my blood, I do hope though that HCS will give us some tools though or else we will be indeed drowning in a sea of new registrations... the idea's writtn here with a button for newbies is great how ever maybe this button should just dirct them to a random online - helper each time they hit the button.. maybe even a sub menu for help with gear, help with buffs , general help, etc.

Keep it up HBk :-)

#45 ripplelady

ripplelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 00:25

Hope HCS gives you a report multi button so you have something to do with most of your time

#46 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:26

Rofl how can they be Multies if they are approved accounts ........just imagine a place like canada if you know your neighbors phone number you know their internet password.........multi heaven....

#47 KingHomer

KingHomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:40

There are only 12 Canadians... they're all extras on movies filmed in Vancouver.

But, funny you should mention the phone numbers. They have lots and lots of phone numbers, that's how they fool us.

I don't want to be on any official team, but I periodically give gazant sets to new players.

#48 Etlebrook

Etlebrook

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2012 - 14:42

hey i resemble that remark...

and yes (rubbing hands together gleefully) there is the conspiracy of the 12...

its a complicated thing...

lots of mirrors and makeups and more mirrors.

did i mention mirrors?????

#49 Etlebrook

Etlebrook

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2012 - 14:47

Hope HCS gives you a report multi button so you have something to do with most of your time

Actually that would be nice. Was just randomly buffing newbies yesterday (I look for non-guild levels 10 to 40), and saw a couple of them that seemed suspicious. Kinda odd for a level 11 with no guild affiliation to be selling legendary items, especially since they only joined about a month ago...

Reported one; gave the rest the benefit of the doubt. Probably shouldn't have but figure HCS has enough to deal with....

Would be nice perhaps to have a direct link in the side menu for that??? Something easier than a ticket??

#50 fs_beast23

fs_beast23
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:08

Count me in! :)

#51 fs_sarbara

fs_sarbara
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2012 - 18:58

I want in too :-) In fact I just messaged a few newbies a welcome message :-)

This is cool.

#52 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 February 2012 - 19:55

Added. Will be adding a page/post for the process of greeting.

#53 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2012 - 17:40

I like the idea of this too, count me in!

Sig16avi703-Ru2_zps6167231b.png by Zeder

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

#54 fs_sarbara

fs_sarbara
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 18:00

I even sent a few newbies some gazant items and during the event, some exalted emissary items!

#55 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2012 - 18:44

Here is Zukira's original idea:
*what if the option to be a greeter or helper is open, maybe the cows could add a preference so we can turn off or on our name showing on the 'available helpers' list (think another online players list that is only available to those under a certain level) Having it on would override your messaging settings (except ignore) for new players.

--this would save headache if you are in the middle of a hunt for example
--add a snazzy little button saying 'view online helpers' and get the list of online helpers.
-- the rules of communication 'blurb' from the fsbox post page should be added to the footer of the send message window. Helpers should reference that if any begging occurs.
--Gifting to players to help them with a purchase of loyalty potions(s) as newbies is up to the helper to decide if it is better to buff and spend stamina and know the buffs went on or to give 1000 to 2000 gold and tell someone how to buy and use potions.

Xakano's Response to my inquiry about it getting implemented.
Was given permission from her to post the ticket stub.

Xakano

Posted On: 28 Feb 2012 05:32 PM
Hi there,

Your thread is on the Forum, and if you can show that you and the players are doing this for the new players that are joining then the coders would implement it if they see that it is something that players are dedicated to. I am afraid that they cannot consider taking time to implement things that may just end up being ignored you see.

If you can perhaps show them on the Forum that there is a large following to this, they can consider implementing it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Xakano, Hunted Cow Support.

Hunted Cow Studios Ltd is a company registered in Scotland under company number SC262870 and registered office/trading address at 35 South Street, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1JZ, Scotland. Our VAT number is GB 855 4765 86.

So, who all supports this? :)
Lets show them this is something that would help the game in a big way.

#56 Pwent33

Pwent33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 19:38

This is a brilliant idea, infusion of new player into the game is paramount! I support anything that helps keep new players.

#57 Unnamed One

Unnamed One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2012 - 20:25

You can add me to that list. I've always been about helping noobs. Good to know I'm not alone, in that...

Unossig.png

#58 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2012 - 20:28

Added you to the list. :)

#59 fs_xl5box

fs_xl5box
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 22:55

Hope we can get this :)

#60 beLIEve

beLIEve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:32

Count me in. I wrote a topic similar to this about a year ago but it never picked up like yours did. Congratulations! =)

Running Manjaro Linux :)

Want to try a new FSH? Click here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: