Photo

Leveling Guide UPDATED 5/28/14! Changing the link.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 22:43

Hello I created a leveling guide for players levels 1-200 that gives a lot of information and I will add more information and more levels in the near future.

So far the guild gives the following information:

1. XP needed to get to the next level.

2. Monster I recommend killing.

3. The exact amount of XP the monster gives.

4. The average XP.

5. The average amount of XP with XP buffs.

6. The average amount of XP when using Doubler level 750.

7. The number of monsters you will need to kill to get your next level based on the average XP.

If you guys know a monster better suited for killing then please tell me and I will update the list!

The link to my website is: http://cytrophic.com/guide.html

Link will be changed within the next couple of days to the shared link. It is up and ready but I am giving people time to see I am changing it.

Edit: Added a buff info page linked from the top of the list.

Edit: Changed the calculations and added stamina needed to gain a level.

Edit: Now shows more info about xp buffs. Still not all.

Edit: Changed the looks.

Edit: You can now type on the page/sort/hide stuff you need to (won't be saved)

Edit: Page looks great to me and should auto fit to any device : )

Edit; 4/15/14: Added levels 201-300.

Edit: 4/15/14: Added where the monster is located.

Edit: 4/15/14: Added hyperlinks.

Edit: 5/28/2014: I separated levels to different sheets to increase loading time and make it easier to sort.

Up next: At 300 views I will be adding levels 302-400.

Edited by xVWolfyVx, 28 May 2014 - 22:58.

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:29

Moved to Game Help for you.

#3 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 13:08

Thanks for moving it BigGrim!

#4 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 17:00

like the guide.

But:

Level 1 should be Rats (maybe, what are your assumptions ?)

Level 3 Natives (Snow Leopard has high Defense)

Level 4 does not have snakes, so Natives ? Desert starts level 5, I believe.

Several Levels same Creature ? But i'm not familiar with Stalker and Overkill, sounds intriguing.

Average xp should go down with same Creature at different (higher) levels. This could effect number of Creature hits.

Doubler 750 - Potion of Greater Doubler  (min level 1) - but what are the values in this column ?  195 ? 364 ?

What about Librarian ?

Are you assuming 1- hitting ? 2-hitting ?

Are you assuming 1-hitting gear being provided by Guild ? Up to level 60 ? Or higher ?

Are you assuming avoiding many of the quests except Epic quest where one gets Stamina ?

You give Creature names, a note for those to take those names to FS Wiki (or Official Guide) to get beatable stats and location of creature would help.

Are there any other buffs you would suggest using ?

Could you move your Guide to FS Wiki in the Future giving yourself attribution ?

I hope the above is helpful and not a bunch of nitpicky complaints.

#5 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 20:18

like the guide.

But:

Level 1 should be Rats (maybe, what are your assumptions ?)

Level 3 Natives (Snow Leopard has high Defense)

Level 4 does not have snakes, so Natives ? Desert starts level 5, I believe.

Several Levels same Creature ? But i'm not familiar with Stalker and Overkill, sounds intriguing.

Average xp should go down with same Creature at different (higher) levels. This could effect number of Creature hits.

Doubler 750 - Potion of Greater Doubler  (min level 1) - but what are the values in this column ?  195 ? 364 ?

What about Librarian ?

Are you assuming 1- hitting ? 2-hitting ?

Are you assuming 1-hitting gear being provided by Guild ? Up to level 60 ? Or higher ?

Are you assuming avoiding many of the quests except Epic quest where one gets Stamina ?

You give Creature names, a note for those to take those names to FS Wiki (or Official Guide) to get beatable stats and location of creature would help.

Are there any other buffs you would suggest using ?

Could you move your Guide to FS Wiki in the Future giving yourself attribution ?

I hope the above is helpful and not a bunch of nitpicky complaints.

Thank you for the feedback.

1. I chose Natives as they are in the same place as rats and are a higher level with higher xp.

2. The Snow Leopard has 6 defense and 10 HP a level 3 could potentially one hit them with 2 items.

3. The snakes at level 4 was a mistake.

4. Several levels same creature is due to things like the creatures level with xp given or the fact that you can't go to a better are yet for example levels 5-9 you kill snakes as you can't go anywhere better (to my knowledge) until level 9 which is deeper into the snakes area. And then when you reach level 55-65 you kill only Burrow Grubs so long because they are level 68 and provide an abundance of xp until you are level 65 and you can gain more from a different creature.

5. Average xp as you move up a level is difficult as I don't know how much it goes down by for every level you gain. If you know the amount then I'd be happy to update it.

6. My assumption is one hitting and as with the "Average XP with XP Buffs" I have Arterial Strike in my calculations so it would only gain more xp for every round of combat.

7. My current guild has items starting at level one which they can start out the game with 70 damage and more than enough attack. There are an abundance of lower leveled gear in the game so I assume every guild has them.

8. I have been meaning to update the page with the buffs I use for each hunt and these are what I personally use:

1.Adept Learner - 200 Provides 40% Increase in XP gained
2.Librarian - 200 Provides 20% Chance to double XP gained
3.Conserve - 250 Provides 12.5% Chance to use no stamina
4.Light Foot - 280 Provides 14% Chance to use no stamina when moving
5.Stalker - 175 Provides 17.5% Increase in Elite Hunter enhancement (Not in calculations as I don't know how much EH increases it by.
6.Overkill - 175 Provides 42.75% Chance to Increase in XP gained by 4.375%
7.Arterial Strike - 175 Provides 17.5% Increase in XP gained for every additional round of combat
8.Sacrifice - 250 Provides 10% Increase in XP gained but you lose 62.5% of the gold you gain

9. "Doubler 750 - Potion of Greater Doubler  (min level 1) - but what are the values in this column ?  195 ? 364 ?"

I Don't understand this question.

10. I'm not counting any quest all though If they do quests that just increases the leveling speed. I recommend doing any quest that you don't have to go out of your way to complete as you can do them any other time. Except Epic I recommended everyone do these when they are able.

11. I do plan to add a hyperlink linking to either the guide or a wiki page.

12. I originally wanted to add this to the wiki but my HTML code I use wasn't all allowed on the page so It had errors and was broken up too badly for me to fix. Although I may add it there by just typing it all in later on after I finish it.

13. I will add a recommendations page on my site with all this information.

Again thank you!

#6 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 20:58

9. I did not understand Doubler column. how to read? what is it for?

12. If you give permission to let a "responsible" party to put it up in FS Wiki, there are geniuses who work miracles. Just retain rights to material and get proper attribution (and citation). 

As to same Creature many levels, your method may overcome the loss in xp by saving time and traveling. i'm not sure.

Thanks for quick response.

#7 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 21:32

9. I did not understand Doubler column. how to read? what is it for?

12. If you give permission to let a "responsible" party to put it up in FS Wiki, there are geniuses who work miracles. Just retain rights to material and get proper attribution (and citation). 

As to same Creature many levels, your method may overcome the loss in xp by saving time and traveling. i'm not sure.

Thanks for quick response.

The doubler column basically just tells you how much xp you will gain per fight using doubler level 750. Say the monster gives 12.1875 XP then using Doubler 750 you will get that multiplied by 16 which is 195 xp.

After I update it enough to just need the adding of levels I may try to find someone to add it on the wiki.

#8 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 22:06

Thank you for the feedback.

[Edit]

4. Several levels same creature is due to things like the creatures level with xp given or the fact that you can't go to a better are yet for example levels 5-9 you kill snakes as you can't go anywhere better (to my knowledge) until level 9 which is deeper into the snakes area. And then when you reach level 55-65 you kill only Burrow Grubs so long because they are level 68 and provide an abundance of xp until you are level 65 and you can gain more from a different creature.

8. I have been meaning to update the page with the buffs I use for each hunt and these are what I personally use:

1.Adept Learner - 200 Provides 40% Increase in XP gained
2.Librarian - 200 Provides 20% Chance to double XP gained
3.Conserve - 250 Provides 12.5% Chance to use no stamina
4.Light Foot - 280 Provides 14% Chance to use no stamina when moving
5.Stalker - 175 Provides 17.5% Increase in Elite Hunter enhancement (Not in calculations as I don't know how much EH increases it by.
6.Overkill - 175 Provides 42.75% Chance to Increase in XP gained by 4.375%
7.Arterial Strike - 175 Provides 17.5% Increase in XP gained for every additional round of combat
8.Sacrifice - 250 Provides 10% Increase in XP gained but you lose 62.5% of the gold you gain

[Edit]

Again thank you!

AL 200 ? Conserve 250 ? LF 250 ? What potions are  these ?

If using Conserve, then Arterial Strike does not work. Conserve + Doubler 750 is ok when opponent has no dodge enhancement. Dodge + 2% Rule makes Arterial Strike better than Conserve.

Example: 100 combat sessions (1-hitting) gives 17.5 extra turns due to dodge + 2 for 2% Rule or 19.5 extra turns. Worse case scenario, 20 extra turns (19.5 rounded up).  Dodge then gives 3.5 more extra turns, worse case 4 turns.  So, 24 extra turns costing 24 Stamina makes Arterial Strike better when Dodge is greater than 10.

Assumptions for above: Dodge 100 (and assume 100 means 17.5 %). 1-Hitting. Doubler does not get affected by Conserve (ie 16x xp and gold cost 15 stamina).

I seem to be the only one interested. I clearly need levels 201-300 done, but feel Stamina usage would be beneficial to fellow players.

pls keep up the good work.

#9 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2014 - 22:13

"Potion of the Canny Warrior" = Conserve 250 90 mins in AH high price though..

The others may be composed potions not sure..

#10 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 21:37

I think this site is very valuable since "Power Leveling" is another aspect to FS.

Besides 2% Rule and Dodge, Nullify can also cause more turns than desired when leveling. Doubler can minimize 2% rule per level by minimizing hits per level needed.  Hitting lower-level creatures in place of at-level creature with low Dodge and no Nullify can save stamina (due to Doubler affect on stamina cost for "extra" turns). 

The Buff Market has Adept Learner, Librarian, Conserve/Arterial Strike, Overkill, and Stalker at 175 (or lower if cannot afford). One can compose Light Foot at 150 (starting).

As to Gear, there are Gear guides available and don't forget Berserk, Rage, SSI, and Death Dealer.

These techniques can save stamina.

#11 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:08

You could add a input fields, so that people can change the skill levels to what they use to give a more accurate "Average XP with XP buffs" and "# of Monsters to kill" for each individual play style. With java u can then generate a new table with the corresponding values.

#12 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 20:07

You could add a input fields, so that people can change the skill levels to what they use to give a more accurate "Average XP with XP buffs" and "# of Monsters to kill" for each individual play style. With java u can then generate a new table with the corresponding values.

Could have done this last year when I was in AP computer science but I haven't even looked at java since. Most I can do with it is read a bit of it. Edit: I completely changed the website.

Also the guide doesn't get quite the views I hoped for so I may just keep it at these levels to show new players how to get a good start. I will try to update it every 100 views not because I am a view whore but mostly because I am lazy.

Sooner or later I will update with higher levels maybe around 200-500 views. Right now I am fixing some calculations and possibly add stamina cost in the next few days but it is the lowest on my list due to players at these levels don't have as much stamina as lower levels. It will be added some time though.

Edited by xVWolfyVx, 10 March 2014 - 21:59.

#13 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 21:44

Seeing the method works best 1-hitting (imo), two questions arise:

1. Does Deathwish, Shockwave, and/or Stun affect 2% Rule/ Nullify/ Dodge/ Reinforced Armor/ Hypnotize ? (ie good to use to minimize those bad effects.)

2. Does Arterial Strike work with Conserve? (eg Due to Dodge combat goes to 2nd turn (round) when the Conserve icon shows (so, no Arterial Strike), but then Dodge causes a third turn and no Conserve icon. Does Arterial Strike work on third turn (round) ?)

#14 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 21:10

Seeing the method works best 1-hitting (imo), two questions arise:

1. Does Deathwish, Shockwave, and/or Stun affect 2% Rule/ Nullify/ Dodge/ Reinforced Armor/ Hypnotize ? (ie good to use to minimize those bad effects.)

2. Does Arterial Strike work with Conserve? (eg Due to Dodge combat goes to 2nd turn (round) when the Conserve icon shows (so, no Arterial Strike), but then Dodge causes a third turn and no Conserve icon. Does Arterial Strike work on third turn (round) ?)

1. May not be correct but out of all of those Deathwish is the only one I could imagine would effect the 2% rule as it automatically kills the creature. Since the 2% no matter the stats causes you to miss I don't think any other buff would effect it.

2. From my understanding buffs don't activate per-round but for the entire battle so if conserve activates at the beginning arterial strike does not work.

#15 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:43

Just wanted to say either today or tomorrow I will be updating my guild with levels 201-300!

#16 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 22:58

Updated some things to increase loading time and I will (in 23 views) start working on adding levels 302-400.

Edited by xVWolfyVx, 28 May 2014 - 22:58.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: