• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Flamehand

Flamehand

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 18:48

Can you guys put in an auto rotate camera option, with the options of how fast or hard the camera turns with your character? I would prefer a 100% camera movement with character so the camera is always at their back side. I like this game but the camera is really annoying without auto rotate feature.

#2 hero

hero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 April 2014 - 20:02

An auto rotate camera would be nice I agree.

#3 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 April 2014 - 21:45

yes. I agree how character movement and camera rotation should be looked into.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#4 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:33

Yes most new players face it difficult with the camera controls , so auto rotation should be a very important addition :)

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#5 TakeTwo

TakeTwo

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 17:46

I do not support this. Direction of movement and direction of camera should be independent of each other.

It only takes a day or two to adjust to the camera and then it's not an issue after that. 

If there was a monster in front of you, and you press S to back up away from it (or click below your character) you'd initially move away from the monster but the camera would auto-turn and if you're still pressing S or click below your character again, you'd now be running TOWARD the monster, then away, then toward then away, etc.

As a ranger, kiting is extremely important. Attack 2 shots, run back/left/right 2 steps, attack 2 shots, run 2 steps. This allows us to keep out of the monsters attack range. We also need to be able to look forward at the monster, even though we're clicking to run away from it to see it's attack animations. This tells us when to dodge spiderweb or a skill it's going to use. Imagine having to readjust your camera every 2 shots. NO. Just NO.

Edited by TakeTwo, 17 April 2014 - 17:48.

#6 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2014 - 23:16

Auto rotation would be a very bad idea. that's less control you have, and it seems very noobish.

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#7 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:31

I do not support this. Direction of movement and direction of camera should be independent of each other.

Auto rotation would be a very bad idea. that's less control you have, and it seems very noobish.

It does not necessarily mean that this is mandatory for everybody. Like Flamehand said, this is meant to be suggested as an option, so people who dislike it should be able to turn it off.

This feature could be useful when you're trying to explore an area, or trying to see if there are any gathering nodes in the direction you're moving. Coupled with the new camera angle which is going to be implemented, this will allow players to observe their surroundings more efficiently (think of how easy it would be to find Easter eggs). Don't be so quick to shoot it down just because it doesn't suit combat for you :)

Edited by Brioche, 23 April 2014 - 01:36.

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:39

aslong as its an optional setting (like minimap rotation) then i fully support it.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#9 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:41

aslong as its an optional setting (like minimap rotation) then i fully support it.

Yep :D

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#10 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 17:13

Yep

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: