Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:38

Hi folks,

Just a quick update on what’s coming in the next Fallen Sword patch.

Stamina Gain

We’ll be adding an option (that will be the default for new players) to change the stamina gain to tick more often, the total you gain per hour and the way stamina upgrades work will not be changing, however whatever you gain per hour will be divided up and given in smaller chunks every 5 minutes. When you run out of stamina now, we’ll be better able to display your next gain with a new timer.

Graphical Improvements

We’re going to now display your character level on the screen so it’s much easier to see, and we’re also going to add an effect for when you level up. We are also planning to add a two nice alerts to the world map, to let you know when you have level up point’s and skill points available. We’re also looking at improving the way you gain items visually, we want to make this experience more fun!

New Player Improvements

We’re planning to increase the speed at which level low level players progress through the early levels, by boosting experience gain on all mobs and quests below level 100.

Gameplay Improvements

We’re planning to change the color and icon of doorways on the world map that you do not meet the level or quest requirement to enter.

~The Fallen Sword Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:42

Stamina Gain

Not sure why this is being changed. It works well the way it is, so you can stop what your doing, equip EPICs, get the stam gain, then crack on with what your doing. I prefer the existing method.

#3 minechaos

minechaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:45

curious why the stamina gain update, but everything else seems cool to me. ^^

#4 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:46

Stamina Gain

Not sure why this is being changed. It works well the way it is, so you can stop what your doing, equip EPICs, get the stam gain, then crack on with what your doing. I prefer the existing method.

I prefer current over the suggested fix as well.

Though if you were to expand the character upgrades to stamina gain that would be welcomed.

Edited by Leos3000, 03 December 2014 - 14:48.

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:50

Hi folks,

Stamina Gain

We’ll be changing stamina gain to tick more often, the total you gain per hour and the way stamina upgrades work will not be changing, however whatever you gain per hour will be divided up and given in smaller chunks every 5 minutes. When you run out of stamina now, we’ll be better able to display your next gain with a new timer.

~The Fallen Sword Team

I actually like the change. What does it hurt? You get your stamina more often. It will help the new and lower leveled players who don't have 100s of thousands of stam to play just a little bit more often. Every little bit to improve the game helps!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:50

Stamina Gain

We’ll be changing stamina gain to tick more often, the total you gain per hour and the way stamina upgrades work will not be changing, however whatever you gain per hour will be divided up and given in smaller chunks every 5 minutes. When you run out of stamina now, we’ll be better able to display your next gain with a new timer.

So, If I am reading this correctly, if you gain 60 Stamina per hour (for easy math) with the new system, every 5 minutes you will get 5 stamina?  That could be handy.

I am wondering how rounding will work out as most stamina gains won't divide evenly by 12.  Also, I assume that epics are factored in to your stamina gain every 5 minutes instead of every hour.

Still, I kinda like it :)

#7 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:53

I actually like the change. What does it hurt? You get your stamina more often. It will help the new and lower leveled players who don't have 100s of thousands of stam to play just a little bit more often. Every little bit to improve the game helps!

Exactly my thoughts Lou - this is a change that would really help lower-level players, especially those new to the game.

Not much, if any, help for me but I remember struggling in my earlier levels just waiting for the next gain to push through a quest...

#8 Dracola

Dracola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 14:56

Stamina gain.
No! So i basicly loose stam everytime i Hunt or PvP. When I cant use epics.

Graphical improvement.
NOO! I will have 2 alerts constantly since i keep some points if i get deleveled.

New player improvement
Meh. I remember it was fast to lvl at those lvls.

Gameplay improvement
probly only good update, but not anything important.

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:09

Stamina gain.
No! So i basicly loose stam everytime i Hunt or PvP. When I cant use epics.

Epics are so overrated. You make yourself a PvP and GvG target. So what if you miss killing one or two more mobs at level 1000+? Max out stam gain.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:11

Epics are so overrated. You make yourself a PvP and GvG target. So what if you miss killing one or two more mobs at level 1000+? Max out stam gain.

EPICs make playing the game more enjoyable, more stam = more playing in whatever aspect you want

An offline player is dead anyway in PVP/GVG

#11 Dradin

Dradin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:12

Improvements to the game that will help new players is a Boon.  Our game needs new blood and new players that will stay with the game.

For some other useful improvements for older players i would like to see some of the FS helper issues fixed, such as the guild inventory not working.  When new players are seeking gear hard to sort thru tons of gear.  

I am sure there are others who miss having some of these extra add on features working as well.   Cheers

Edited by Dradin, 03 December 2014 - 15:53.

#12 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:14

I am all for improvements but can we please catch up with the road map that was voted for by the players i been waiting 3 years for one of the changes and just when its about to be done ..there is yet another staff swap around and stuff is all messed up again

#13 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:17

Hi folks,

Stamina Gain

Graphical Improvements

We’re going to now display your character level on the screen so it’s much easier to see, and we’re also going to add an effect for when you level up. We are also planning to add a two nice alerts to the world map, to let you know when you have level up point’s and skill points available. We’re also looking at improving the way you gain items visually, we want to make this experience more fun!

New Player Improvements

We’re planning to increase the speed at which level low level players progress through the early levels, by boosting experience gain on all mobs and quests below level 100.

Gameplay Improvements

We’re planning to change the color and icon of doorways on the world map that you do not meet the level or quest requirement to enter.

~The Fallen Sword Team

very good improvements HCS, like all of them

keep up the good work radneto :)

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:17

Exactly! Dead on the money!

I am wondering how rounding will work out as most stamina gains won't divide evenly by 12.  Also, I assume that epics are factored in to your stamina gain every 5 minutes instead of every hour.
Still, I kinda like it smile.png

If the hourly tick does not divide nicely, the 12th tick will provide the balance.

As for Epics, they'll still give you the existing gain, just divided by 12 and balanced out by the twelfth tick.

#15 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:18

@Dradin:

Yuuzan cam up with a really cool fix that allows fshelper to work in chrome without greaemonkey/tampermonkey...can't find the link offhand, but search it out - had trouble at first getting it work, but when you make the two files, make sure you have the settings set to shoe file extensions - as soon as you delete the .txt endings, then everything worked with fshelper including guild inventory - Hallejuah!!!!!!

#16 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:19

I'm not sure I care for any of the improvements listed above. 

1) Stamina gain every 5 minutes - you lose out on the ability to switch to stam gain gear at your "tick" time - and yes, some players switch every time, or mostly everytime. Now you are forcing a great deal of players to wear epics 24/7 if they want  the increased stamina gain (thus creating a bigger rift in PVP/GVG targets). Players will be less better geared if they want stamina increases just to see ticks every 5 minutes.. not sure this was really worth the time. However, if you want newer players to see that they gain stamina "faster" by turning it into a mobile type game system (gain stamina every 5 minutes) - then I understand the illusion you are trying to cast. 

2) I'm okay with graphical improvements as long as it doesn't take up more memory being used or slow down the game at all. This game relies on the ability to move fast I think, and creating more loading times, slows that down. 

3) It's really quite easy to level from 1-100 with the booster pack that you give. I think the hardest item about getting through 1-100 is navigating to the correct areas. After a certain level (I don't remember what level anymore), you can tell which area to go to based on the level of creatures.. and it's pretty linear in terms of arriving at a specific place. By reducing the number of areas that players can get "lost" in terms of where they should be heading, it will increase the speed they can level at. 

4) I can see some merit in this change.

Thanks HCS for continuing to update the game. I may not be the happiest about the time spent, but they are still updates.

#17 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:20

https://forums.hunte...o-greasemonkey/

There is the link - and sorry about spelling...getting used to new laptop's keyboard ;)  

#18 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:21

Exactly! Dead on the money!

If the hourly tick does not divide nicely, the 12th tick will provide the balance.

As for Epics, they'll still give you the existing gain, just divided by 12 and balanced out by the twelfth tick.

You are correct, but now you are forcing players to wear them more (even though most levelers already do). There are some players who switch before their "tick" gain so that they get the extra amount. These players, especially those of us who enjoy GVG, don't have the ability to really wear the epics 24/7 with the idea that we can be initiated against at any time. It's the same thing with PVP - you wear offline sets and not epic stam gain gear because at least you're giving yourself a chance in an offline set. This is just creating more need for players to wear epic items, which then creates easier targets for PVP and GVG - thus increasing the complaining. 

#19 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:24

You are correct, but now you are forcing players to wear them more (even though most levelers already do). There are some players who switch before their "tick" gain so that they get the extra amount. These players, especially those of us who enjoy GVG, don't have the ability to really wear the epics 24/7 with the idea that we can be initiated against at any time. It's the same thing with PVP - you wear offline sets and not epic stam gain gear because at least you're giving yourself a chance in an offline set. This is just creating more need for players to wear epic items, which then creates easier targets for PVP and GVG - thus increasing the complaining. 

Exactly!!!

Dead on the money!!!

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2014 - 15:28

This is just creating more need for players to wear epic items, which then creates easier targets for PVP and GVG.

Then adapt. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: