Photo

Eldevin- not such a good mmo.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#1 makii

makii

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 14:48

It crumbles my heart to see that Eldevin will never be a big mmo. It will always stay a niche and soon or later die due the huge mistakes done.

1) huge grind- very very mindnumbing and boring. It starts from farming mats to lvl your avatar. This game would have been good 2004. 

2) Webclient is a messy pile of shit and runs horrible  with 10-20fps.

3) Pay 2 win. You can buy those 700 attack gems with  real cash

4) stats reset all 60 days is insane. Not even 5% of the coming players stay in this game that long. Do you guys even know many players leave the game after 30 days in tripple A mmos? 

5) Cooldown on queue is nuts. Wait every time 60 seconds to change your queue is stupid. Other mmos can do this without waiter- why not you? Its already hard enough to find a party with 200 players max. devided on 3 servers.

6) Progression: feels to slow and boring- change the elite quests- they should give at least 1 lvl in the lower lvls. 

7) variety- the game has no vaierty in armor and wapons. All wapons have the same stats- why not give a crossbow a magic stat? You advertize with classless play- yet you can go only 1 path. Its sad when you are not free to combine like you want. A Ranger with a crossbow and magic stats would be something like a druid or bard.

i made it to lvl 15 because i really liked the music in the game- remembered me of good old times.

#2 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:04

It crumbles my heart to see that Eldevin will never be a big mmo. It will always stay a niche and soon or later die due the huge mistakes done.

i made it to lvl 15 because i really liked the music in the game- remembered me of good old times.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game. There are, of course, thousands of other MMO's to choose from that might suit your fancy.

That said, I don't understand why you mention how you enjoyed being reminded of 'good old times' and then went on to discuss how the game is not to your liking because it is too much like the old style of game.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being a small-scale, niche MMO. The game appeals to a certain market, and that market is not necessarily the mainstream. A game's success doesn't necessarily need to be measured in millions of players, you know!

In any case, best of luck on your gaming adventures elsewhere.

#3 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:08

4) stats reset all 60 days is insane. Not even 5% of the coming players stay in this game that long. Do you guys even know many players leave the game after 30 days in tripple A mmos? 

stats do not reset at 60 days. you can respec, if you wish, every 60 days.

the devs listen and actually care about this game.  good luck finding that in any other mmo. insulting the game is like insulting them personally because they work so hard on it.  they're open to new suggestions and put many player suggestions into consideration.  instead of criticizing, how about offering up ideas on how you think the game could improve? 

8TLwd.jpg

#4 Shane22

Shane22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:23

He is one of many and is alound to voice his opinion, long time player since beta myself and agree with most you have said. Its a brillaint old school game concpet but its being pushed in the wrong way. 

Edited by Shane22, 20 April 2014 - 15:23.

#5 Shane22

Shane22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:26

stats do not reset at 60 days. you can respec, if you wish, every 60 days.

the devs listen and actually care about this game.  good luck finding that in any other mmo. insulting the game is like insulting them personally because they work so hard on it.  they're open to new suggestions and put many player suggestions into consideration.  instead of criticizing, how about offering up ideas on how you think the game could improve? 

By criticizing he is kinda suggesting that  impovements need to be made, if low levels feel like this wait till they hit end game. The devs need to hurry implement guild system and implement rare gear drops from bosses and world bosses. They need to have dungeons like in void, places  where you can farm gems like every other mmo has. They need to stop focusing on a lame ass lets run dungeons all day and get gear and rems from here.

We want cool rare looking wepons and gear sets being dropped from WB, tactical small farmable dungeons that drop gems and stuff.

The devs are small team they work hard, but over the year things have been talked about and never done. The game needs pushing in the right direction I say this because i believe in eldevin, not because I want to bitch myself.

Yes I know they are hard at work on client and numerous other things and the back end is exetremely important first. The fact is we need to know are you just gonna focus on the same lame content boreing dungeons all gear being attained through countless boreing runs? Or are we going to have quailtiy content, bosses dropping items small farmable places and challenging tactical dungeons like every other mmo.

Once we hit steam more people will join the game, but I doubt we will substain many with the current content we have.  I want this game to flourish and if the things I and many have talked about get implemented, well then I'm sure it can.

Edited by Shane22, 20 April 2014 - 15:43.

#6 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:44

It saddens me that 5-piece dungeon sets are the *only* way to go.  Why are there no 2 and 3 piece sets?  Smaller sets would allow more individual heroic and rare items to see the light of day rather than straight to the Vendors.  It would also give folks more latitude to create unique builds.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#7 Shane22

Shane22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:48

It saddens me that 5-piece dungeon sets are the *only* way to go.  Why are there no 2 and 3 piece sets?  Smaller sets would allow more individual heroic and rare items to see the light of day rather than straight to the Vendors.  It would also give folks more latitude to create unique builds.

I agree %100

#8 InHaste

InHaste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:57

Small farmable dungeons that drop gems and stuff would add some swag to this game fr fr

LazyAF - Ranger - Level 45

InHaste - Healer - Level 32

3721425.png

#9 Telivar

Telivar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:57

I think people miss the idea of what an rpg actually is....

www.soundcloud.com/marrow-machines

^electronic music page^

My mixtape is fire fam.

#10 Allwynd0101

Allwynd0101

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 16:54

ive said it many times that i will hold off on playing the game until the desktop client arrives

currently, the population really is small, but hopefully, when the game goes on steam, this will increase the population

ive had a similar discussion with a friend of mine few weeks ago - that in order for MMOs to go viral, they have to be causal

Eldevin will probably never be a casual game, there is one similar game to it, called City of Steam, at first it didnt have a desktop client and all, and now, even if it does, it still doesnt feel like a full 3D game, but still a 2.5D poin-to-click, even if you can move with WASD

even if the original poster doesnt like the game, and if i dont, there will still be enough people who will

i just hope that after the release on Steam, Eldevin would just keep getting better and better

I think people miss the idea of what an rpg actually is....

i always understood an RPG to be something like The Elder Scrolls: Morrownid - where you take the role of some prisoner that has something to do in the world, and the whole game revolves around the player trying to complete the story, with all the additional features that he can make use of - crafting, enchanting and collecting

but i think that there is a fine line between grinding and just making use of such features, because, especially on MMOs, the most powerful players are the ones who set the line and everyone else strives to reach it or surpass it, and this is  kind of discouraging for my taste, unless the game offers the player to still enjoy the game without having to be trying to be the best or push himself beyond the point of fun

this is how i feel about asian MMOs and World of Warcraft nowadays - if you want to achieve something in the game, all you have to do is grind to get the best gear possible, until a new update arrives, which makes all your hard work go to waste

before my post goes way off topic, i would like to say one last thing - in most games, especially MMOs, professions dont really serve any other purpose than provide the character with money, materials or gear, which is really wrong in my opinion, because professions should provide such perks, that just focusing on one profession for a player's entire time in the game should be just as meaningful as beating the strongest dungeon in the game, and not only to the player himself, but to everyone else as well

Edited by Allwynd0101, 20 April 2014 - 17:01.

#11 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 17:21

1 - Im lvl 20 and do not foraging, farming or any of that, i dont like it and I dont to it, you dont need to if you hate it like me,
     There is no need for grinding to lvl if you are questing and doing Dungens till you get your set.

2 - Client for Download is on his way. I know web Java for this kind of game is FPS low.

3 - Pay to win ?? Its free to play, pay to suport. U cant buy gems for $...

4 - Player get one FREE Respec when starting a game, You can respec 50 times a day if you pay cooldown.

5 - Cooldown on que is to disable players for troling the other players.

6 - If you get one lvl at every elite quest you would lvl to fast, so thats why its not good idea.

7 - Many Wepons in game have diferent stats from Haste to Attack power, same Wepons may have 1 or 2 gem slot so
     they not all the same...

This game is THE BEST Online MMORPG you can find to play today. Due to graphics and nothing is downloaded except some Java chace...

#12 FlipHybrid

FlipHybrid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 17:36

I'm new and really love the game so far, but I was extremely disappointed when I looked at the shop and saw that it was possible to buy gold with real money. It's not a problem right now because the active player base is relatively small, but if the game grows and that option is not removed, the average price of goods may become significantly inflated. This will probably happen for rare drops in particular, because people will be more likely to purchase gold specifically to buy rare drops.

Please remove that option.

#13 makii

makii

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 17:44

1 - Im lvl 20 and do not foraging, farming or any of that, i dont like it and I dont to it, you dont need to if you hate it like me,
     There is no need for grinding to lvl if you are questing and doing Dungens till you get your set.

2 - Client for Download is on his way. I know web Java for this kind of game is FPS low.

3 - Pay to win ?? Its free to play, pay to suport. U cant buy gems for $...

4 - Player get one FREE Respec when starting a game, You can respec 50 times a day if you pay cooldown.

5 - Cooldown on que is to disable players for troling the other players.

6 - If you get one lvl at every elite quest you would lvl to fast, so thats why its not good idea.

7 - Many Wepons in game have diferent stats from Haste to Attack power, same Wepons may have 1 or 2 gem slot so
     they not all the same...

This game is THE BEST Online MMORPG you can find to play today. Due to graphics and nothing is downloaded except some Java chace...

I wonder how you will do dungeons when the timer is set to 1h. And Quests give way to low exp. I dont wanna do 50 Quests to lvl up 1 lvl. Thats insane and boring. Thats not quality content when you have to do that many quests to lvl up.

Yes you can buy gold with real cash- wich means you can max everything very fast. But the VIP on the other hand is a good idea. Elite Quests should be alot more rewarding- they are taken by risk and needs to be difficult. With that they should give more reward.

No your wrong- you didnt understand or i wrote it not clear enought. The wapons from the same cathegory have all the same 3 stats. Or did you see a Sword with Magic dmg (+int)? If they would add that- you could dualclass effectfully. At the moment you just have to chose between some classes- thats all. If you could imbue your wapon with fire magic as Warrior- it would make a new class - like a Rune Knight.

I do not hate Eldevin- i enjoyed my adventure to lvl 15. But compared to other mmos, the newer ones- it felt very very slow.

Sure the concept could work for people that are patient and have a lot of time in their hands. 

I do not even mind go gather some stuff here there- as long as im not forced to do. But it felt like im forced to do since the good gear can be made from those professions. 

Also the problem that i noticed- if you do not make your own potions- you will end broken pretty fast- so i had to invest first some hours just to get to lvl 8 potion making- wich sucked.

Im not quite sure about the future of this game but there are similar mmos like Eldevin coming next few months. 

Edited by makii, 20 April 2014 - 17:45.

#14 FlipHybrid

FlipHybrid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 17:46

Did you triple post from within your own post? haha

#15 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 17:54

By criticizing he is kinda suggesting that  impovements need to be made, if low levels feel like this wait till they hit end game. The devs need to hurry implement guild system and implement rare gear drops from bosses and world bosses. They need to have dungeons like in void, places  where you can farm gems like every other mmo has. They need to stop focusing on a lame ass lets run dungeons all day and get gear and rems from here.

We want cool rare looking wepons and gear sets being dropped from WB, tactical small farmable dungeons that drop gems and stuff.

The devs are small team they work hard, but over the year things have been talked about and never done. The game needs pushing in the right direction I say this because i believe in eldevin, not because I want to bitch myself.

Yes I know they are hard at work on client and numerous other things and the back end is exetremely important first. The fact is we need to know are you just gonna focus on the same lame content boreing dungeons all gear being attained through countless boreing runs? Or are we going to have quailtiy content, bosses dropping items small farmable places and challenging tactical dungeons like every other mmo.

Once we hit steam more people will join the game, but I doubt we will substain many with the current content we have.  I want this game to flourish and if the things I and many have talked about get implemented, well then I'm sure it can.

1) criticizing isn't what you do to make anything go in the right direction,constructive criticism is what you do....just saying nothing but negative things is a sorry excuse for anyone to give in a response or general post.
2) you contradicted yourself big time with this little bit 
"They need to have dungeons like in void, places  where you can farm gems like every other mmo has. They need to stop focusing on a lame ass lets run dungeons all day and get gear and rems from here."
stop focusing on dungeons,but add more dungeons like every other game.....?
The way the game is right now on the armor aspects are fine,this is a MMORPG not a single player game,not sure how many times this has to be said before people realize...this is a game where people are supposed to interact with each other and work together to achieve higher goals. 
3) if any dungeon were created to just farm gems  at a fast rate,it would not only continue to ruin the already now low gem economy but it would completely ruin the end game goal of perfect gems or later created tiers.

Bryn,I agree to that man. There needs to be some smaller sets for armors with set bonuses but! not in comparison or equal to the harder achieved sets from dungeons.

I suggested my idea for WB's to drop little weapon attachments,extractions,and vanity scrolls or even fabled weapons that are far rarer then world boss belts=no support from players on that one so people must not want that type of thing as some don't like world bossing (or most don't).

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#16 BlackElemental

BlackElemental

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:02

ive said it many times that i will hold off on playing the game until the desktop client arrives

currently, the population really is small, but hopefully, when the game goes on steam, this will increase the population

ive had a similar discussion with a friend of mine few weeks ago - that in order for MMOs to go viral, they have to be causal

Eldevin will probably never be a casual game, there is one similar game to it, called City of Steam, at first it didnt have a desktop client and all, and now, even if it does, it still doesnt feel like a full 3D game, but still a 2.5D poin-to-click, even if you can move with WASD

I wholly disagree with your comment regarding casual gameplay in MMO's. In fact, many older MMO's are being chastised for reverting from gameplay with more instant-gratification mechanisms and casual elements, rather than rewarding players with more time and effort placed into each character. WoW does this IIRC.

Also, I played City of Steam avidly for several weeks and the game is nearly a complete antithesis to Eldevin. It is grindy like this game, but it is also extremely gimmicky in many ways which I cannot get into without completely derailing this thread. 

Many hardcore gamers are infamously known for calling out other less-hardcore gamers as "filthy casuals". While I do not detest gamers who seek enjoyment through less time investment, MMORPG's are specifically notable for giving the player the sense that increased rewards are gained as more time is spent ingame. Every mob looted, every minute spent doing the grind, every item sold, is a part of the big picture that my character is stepping up the ladder to become something great. It is up to the devs to balance the mundane grind with the personal and collective enjoyment attributed to character progression.

Edited by BlackElemental, 20 April 2014 - 18:05.

#17 FlipHybrid

FlipHybrid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:09

What do you guys think about the route runescape took? I really like this game because it reminds me of the times when I played RS a long time ago (the gathering skills in particular).

There was F2P content + P2P content, both were fun games in themselves. P2P players had indirect advantages (for example, easier travel, among many other things), but you couldn't directly have an advantage buy purchasing in-game items. Content expansions were for P2P players only and the economies of each were kept somewhat separated.

I've just never liked the idea of being capable of purchasing a direct advantage with real money.

#18 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:21

Game needs a push in the right direction[apparently no one knows what that directions is NEITHER do I]

BUT something is going wrong and we all can agree on that.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#19 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:23

The best decision would of been to limit content for free2play players and make subscriptions needed to access all content.. however HCS chose to go the "p2w" route which will prevent the game from growing a larger player base.

They can't really go back on this since I recall them wanting to stick to their guns about not limiting content, kinda sucks because I don't see this mmo ever being the next big thing without total revamp. Eldevin is basically just another wow clone that plays in the browser.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#20 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:50

Game needs a push in the right direction[apparently no one knows what that directions is NEITHER do I]

BUT something is going wrong and we all can agree on that.

I have to disagree. True, there are aspects of Eldevin that can be improved, but assuming that the entire playerbase believes the game is going in the wrong direction is a fallacy. Keeping a positive and constructive dialogue open with the community and the developers is the best way to brainstorm ways to improve the game, however.

The best decision would of been to limit content for free2play players and make subscriptions needed to access all content.. however HCS chose to go the "p2w" route which will prevent the game from growing a larger player base.

They can't really go back on this since I recall them wanting to stick to their guns about not limiting content, kinda sucks because I don't see this mmo ever being the next big thing without total revamp. Eldevin is basically just another wow clone that plays in the browser.

The vast majority of F2P game models are P2W models. This does not exclude F2P games from growing a larger player base; on the contrary, F2P/P2W games have been thriving of late as opposed to subscription models. Do I prefer subscription models? Hell yes! On the other hand, would I have tried out Eldevin if it was pay-to-play? Probably not, and I would've missed out on playing a great game. You can see how I am torn about the issue.

In my opinion, Eldevin is about middle of the road in terms of P2W. There are games where you can't buy as much power with real-world currency(in which case, the black market thrives) and games where you can buy far more power with real-world currency(which, ironically, looks worse on the game even though the money directly supports the company that develops/publishes the game).

Do the economic system designs in Eldevin have an effect on the game and player enjoyment of it? Absolutely. Does it prevent Eldevin from being 'the next big thing'? No, it does not exclude it, although I think Eldevin will not be a mainstream MMO for other reasons, and I am personally okay with that.

Man, the vitriol is thick on the forums this Easter Sunday. Who spat in the coffee maker? :)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: