#1 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:03

A new talent needs to be introduced into the templar tree for less durability loss or less durability cost for repairs.

Maybe a 3 point spec? each point is 15% less durability loss? or 15% less repair cost?

new talent require 1 or 2 points for effectiveness of glaciate? 
1 point = 2s removed from the stun effect of glaciate?
2 points=no stun effect but still receive 4s of invulnerability.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#2 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:08

Should like in the last row of talent tree and only one point cuz we are already limited to talent points and do not want it to be abused by other classes

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:10

Yup i said that in the other thread,needs to be the 2nd to final row but also suggested it to require 2 points tbh. It's true templars are already very restricted but that is their decision,less repairs and loss of something else or...full out tanking with same casual repairs and hoping for assistance 1 point to reduce a whole lot of durability would be truly OP IMHO.

Edited by HuMoR, 20 April 2014 - 18:14.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:13

Definitely agree. Have it maybe require 25 points in Templar so person has to be mainly Templar?

#5 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:13

Yup i said that in the other thread,needs to be the 2nd to final row but also suggested it to require 2 points tbh. It's true tempalrs are already very restricted but that is their decision,less repairs and loss of something else or...full out tanking with same casual repairs and hoping for assistance 1 point to reduce a whole lot of durability would be truly OP IMHO.

you wouldnt wanna see your tank loose agro just cuz he needed less repairs,, just saying it would be hilarious :P

previously:

#6 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:14

Maybe make another emp talent? Reduce the cool down of it. Especial in Asv tanks need more and more emp

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:14

I could see a very successful tank build with even having to spend 3 points into a durability reduct talent tbh.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:17

Maybe make another emp talent? Reduce the cool down of it. Especial in Asv tanks need more and more emp

just use a haste 1h like i do. emp cd is fine 

previously:

#9 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:18

I could see a very successful tank build with even having to spend 3 points into a durability reduct talent tbh.

Sure could be. I'd love to see the new talent for dura reduction :)[maybe it can be added in with stalwart talent 5/10/15%]

previously:

#10 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:21

While this is true, I feel that it wouldn't be a good design decision to force Templar players into using up three talent points on a currency-based talent.

How about an alternative solution: remove repair costs on shields.

One of the things in common for almost all tank classes is the use of a shield. By removing repair costs for shields, overall repair costs for tank classes should be reduced by 7-10% without requiring talent investment, or affecting other classes very much(occasionally, non-tank classes will equip a shield for additional defense at the cost of DPS, but it happens infrequently enough that the change will primarily affect tanks).

#11 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:24

While this is true, I feel that it wouldn't be a good design decision to force Templar players into using up three talent points on a currency-based talent.

How about an alternative solution: remove repair costs on shields.

One of the things in common for almost all tank classes is the use of a shield. By removing repair costs for shields, overall repair costs for tank classes should be reduced by 7-10% without requiring talent investment, or affecting other classes very much(occasionally, non-tank classes will equip a shield for additional defense at the cost of DPS, but it happens infrequently enough that the change will primarily affect tanks).

Shields are used by rangers/mages also, it would become an exploit.

and everyone would use it once there is no dura loss on it..why wouldn't anyone!?

Just put that talent in with something tanks already use or CAN use in their build.

previously:

#12 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:57

Shields are used by rangers/mages also, it would become an exploit.

and everyone would use it once there is no dura loss on it..why wouldn't anyone!?

Just put that talent in with something tanks already use or CAN use in their build.

Yes, shields are occasionally used by rangers/mages, at the cost of a fair amount of DPS. Keep in mind that by using a shield instead of an off-hand dagger(in the case of Rangers) or, more significantly, a staff(in the case of Mages), those DPS classes stand to lose anywhere from 30 to 80 DPS from just the primary stat loss, not counting the loss of a gem slot(since Shields can only be embedded with defense or block gems).

Assassins and Warriors would rarely, if ever, use a shield, due to their primary attacks requiring specific melee weapon setups which exclude shields.

I don't think removing durability loss on shields would increase their use by non-tank classes significantly. If anything, the main argument against removing durability loss on them is from a roleplay perspective: why would blacksmiths NOT charge players for repairing shields? It's a bit silly.

Your idea about combining talents is a good one, though. Adding it to an essential Templar aggro talent like Resolute, Defensive Stance or Walk It Off would make a certain amount of sense.

Edited by huhbum, 20 April 2014 - 18:58.

#13 Mithril

Mithril

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:23

Tbh, make it so that the skill Vindicator also increases Vindicate's DPS% besides it's 2/3/4%dmg increase. Increasing by 15%/30%/45% would make it a 165% melee dps skill, which requires a shield to be used, so a single vindicate would never do "much" damage, it would substancialy increase tank's solo ability. Which is close to none atm.

#14 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:59

Tbh, make it so that the skill Vindicator also increases Vindicate's DPS% besides it's 2/3/4%dmg increase. Increasing by 15%/30%/45% would make it a 165% melee dps skill, which requires a shield to be used, so a single vindicate would never do "much" damage, it would substancialy increase tank's solo ability. Which is close to none atm.

Vindicate is kinda useless. I dont use it.

I want tremor and impale to have increased damage they are aoe/also used everytime while tanking.

Also impale radius should be increased if you want it to be a proper aoe grind skill

previously:

#15 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:11

Vindicate is kinda useless. I dont use it.

I want tremor and impale to have increased damage they are aoe/also used everytime while tanking.

Also impale radius should be increased if you want it to be a proper aoe grind skill

For single target fights, Vindicate is the absolute best skill to use for aggro short of Taunt. Because it increases overall DPS on the target by the Templar by a whopping 24% if talented, and has a pretty solid damage coefficient in and of itself(at 135%), it is absolutely an amazing skill for both aggro and DPS for boss fights.

Mark my words: Vindicate will be OP at 50.

#16 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:17

Only use it for bosses.

previously:

#17 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:08

i have seen nobody using avalanche which with its talents does 240 % dps with just a 12 sec cd .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#18 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:28

i have seen nobody using avalanche which with its talents does 240 % dps with just a 12 sec cd .

Shhhhhh! :)

#19 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:27

only if tanks were that rich heh :P

previously:

#20 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 13:02

Why should I have to waste talent points to have less durability loss. It should just be given to me because it is insane the burden it puts on tanks. Maybe a potion but I need my talent points to actually be able to tank/survive/hold aggro.

I don't understand the people coming in here and punishing us because we pay so much and carry a large burden in the new dungeons by wanting us to have to pay through the Templar talent tree. Hopefully another alternative is found.

Edited by HappyDays, 21 April 2014 - 13:08.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: