Photo

BIG I told you so!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Tankh

Tankh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 18:03

Well... months ago before all of these updates came, I warned you guys where this game is heading. Who believed me? No one but 2 people. Now these 2 people are shocked like hell about my predictions coming true right before their eyes.

HCS claim to listen to us, right? How many times have you guys asked for Auction houses and guilds? LOTS. How many times have youy guys asked for account level rewards? Too many times to count.

In conclusion, HCS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen more carefully to what the people want. You have ignored a lot of nice suggestions...

This post is not an attack on HSC.

Edited by Surya, 18 July 2014 - 19:36.

I am a million steps ahead, people don't understand and want me dead. I know true knowledge making me bright, eventually people see that I was right. - Tankh. ;D

#2 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2014 - 18:53

Some of these thing are in pre for steam lunch - Mount's are some few thing grab people attion first time log in.

Still to come, AH - Guild's - Mail -  Hardware rendoring - Cameragangle - Improved Grafic's in prep for Camera angle.

Many other on long list thing to do.

Some thing area easy impment then other's.

Take account - 10 Dev workong game Split into there own work area 3 grafic - 3 or so Programing - 3 Split in between other game's at the same time. Those have give Ok - Timing of thing impment time with in reasable mean's

Only human - 10 Human's or so working on game - 6 or so full time - Take's time crafted coding as well 3 D model's = Make sure coding - visual match up not easy task - 6 or so people mean Month or so of work for minor update's.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#3 Tankh

Tankh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 19:44

Coding account level rewards isn't as complicated as coding mounts. Same with guilds and auction house. Making a 3D camera sounds highly complicated. They are doing very complicated things first, for some reason. Guilds and auction house has been suggested so long ago that I can't even estinate the time. So what you are saying is that it is ok to lie to the players (they promised guilds and auction house more than once and BEFORE the camera and rendering was even planned out)??

Edited by Surya, 18 July 2014 - 19:46.

I am a million steps ahead, people don't understand and want me dead. I know true knowledge making me bright, eventually people see that I was right. - Tankh. ;D

#4 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 July 2014 - 20:01

An ancient Proverb that i have just re-invented 'You can please all the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but you CANNOT please ALL of the people ALL of the time'  :D

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#5 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 20:46

Guilds aren't even necessary thanks to world chat and chat rooms.

AH would be nice, but I can still buy and sell easily enough without it.

Could I ride a mount before the latest update? No. I could not.

Thanks HCS for updates that bring new things to the game  :)

#6 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2014 - 00:37

We are listening actually :P Its a matter of time and resources and what we all work on. We don't have a big enough team to work on all the things needed all at once, so we have to decide which takes priority with the resources available. Thus I, as lead programmer, decided that I needed to focus on Hardware Rendering before Guilds and Auction House (which are definitely next) - in fact Mojawk just planned version 1 of guilds for me to work on right after.

Hardware Rendering needed to be done next as its been put off long enough and is too big a factor in putting people off the game, whether its just the camera not coming down, or even more so the software version just running so poorly for a lot of people that they don't even want, or can't, keep playing.

The HD version has taken a lot of time and effort (and pain), I guess its been 3+ months work since I last posted and very difficult to rework the old software version (I actually have both working side by side in case people cant get HD to work) and also to work on lesser / older graphics cards whilst still rendering what it did in software with extras (better texturing, fog, etc, etc). But yeah its been very difficult to catch up on years of hardware graphics advances in a short time lol.

With that said, its about 2-3 weeks away from being complete so you all get it and... ITS.... EPIC :) Being able to see really far and it running very fast (average 30-60 FPS on my 5 year old gfx card - and I still have extra things to make it faster to do after that). Its absolutely the correct thing to get over with especially as a steam launch is coming, and it means we'll be finally past a lot of technical hurdles and a major hindrance (which the downloadable client has helped also) where people can't or don't want to play. The mounts with the camera down looked great also and yeah, looks like a new game, it looks... way bigger when you can see so far :) HD will be available in browser and downloadable client also.

So yeah, we're aware of the 'dynamic' things that need to come, Guilds, AH, Events, Pets/Animal Mounts, (real world guild owned castle takeovers - it'll be anarchy you'll love it) and they're what I'm concentrating on making the systems for next as its true, we are lacking those sandbox/dynamic things, and the game and what we made so far is going to support it really well, as you can see the potential from what is there so far, its coming... But a lot of people don't even see past the poor performance/camera angle, so hardware had to be gotten out the way first :)

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#7 Tankh

Tankh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 00:51

Big reply, no sign of account rewards in there (people have been literally begging for that just browser the forums)... Ah and those who can't "play due to the software version being poor", please show me a post where people are complaining about this please.

Edited by Surya, 19 July 2014 - 01:09.

#8 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:18

the problem i have with this was you had already given us dates for the guilds 3 different times....  once it was in the update coming in a couple weeks, then was around december or janurary, then was in april  and then all the sudden you went silent for soooooooooo long and then now finaly saying they are coming after these new things....  last time it was "working on cross server mail" and such and then guilds would be out.... you even spicificly talked to me in game about them and said in a couple weeks MANY months ago.

the problem isn't things take time.... we are all aware of that nothing is instant. especialy things as difficult as making an MMO.  the problem is sooo many things have been said then repeated then forgotten.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#9 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:57

http://forums.hunted...il/#entry863532

There, two gooseberries with one stone. There's my last post explaining what I'm working on and that guilds and AH is next. It also comes with bonus people saying they can't - won't play it without it, along with many others since launch who've said the same :P so yeah, decided to do hardware first, it's taken ALL this time including most weekends for me and been extremely tough, it's epic and nearly done! So yeah I think what I'm saying is, shut yer muffin holes while I go over here and do more painful work while you all piss and moan about the more pain I need to go through after this painful stuff I'm just painfully working to finish :D also, buy a rocket and help support my future pain. I love you really, K bye :P
Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#10 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:59

lmfao  best post i've read yet hahahahaha just love the way you said it all haha made me laugh so yeah <3 ya dispite the issues haha

Edited by awollsd, 19 July 2014 - 03:00.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#11 Eloom

Eloom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:10

Some of these thing are in pre for steam lunch - Mount's are some few thing grab people attion first time log in.

Still to come, AH - Guild's - Mail -  Hardware rendoring - Cameragangle - Improved Grafic's in prep for Camera angle.

Many other on long list thing to do.

Some thing area easy impment then other's.

Take account - 10 Dev workong game Split into there own work area 3 grafic - 3 or so Programing - 3 Split in between other game's at the same time. Those have give Ok - Timing of thing impment time with in reasable mean's

Only human - 10 Human's or so working on game - 6 or so full time - Take's time crafted coding as well 3 D model's = Make sure coding - visual match up not easy task - 6 or so people mean Month or so of work for minor update's.

2 weeks and we may have hardware rendering to look farther and faster game speeds :D

milkyway-pan1.jpg

#12 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:27

There, two gooseberries with one stone. There's my last post explaining what I'm working on and that guilds and AH is next. It also comes with bonus people saying they can't - won't play it without it, along with many others since launch who've said the same :P so yeah, decided to do hardware first, it's taken ALL this time including most weekends for me and been extremely tough, it's epic and nearly done! So yeah I think what I'm saying is, shut yer muffin holes while I go over here and do more painful work while you all piss and moan about the more pain I need to go through after this painful stuff I'm just painfully working to finish :D also, buy a rocket and help support my future pain. I love you really, K bye :P

This is some great news regarding the progress of the game, I anticipate seeing the game starting to get back out there once this is released. 

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#13 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:48

great up date mojawk, loved it, and your further reply too!

Keep up the great work!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#14 j3k

j3k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:13

I love you really, K bye :P

lol 

funny how you put K bye  :P

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#15 Cult

Cult

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:17

cowboy for president!
You can feel the pain and frustration right out of this post. Heads up mate, you got my appreciation, and I am sure you will get it from alot more > patient < players.

caj1quU.png

(Click the banner to go to our topic)

#16 SirPeter

SirPeter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:50

cowboy,dont let you srew up,most of us know the potential this game has

and as older i got,as more patience i became,so continue carefully and meanwhile we enjoy your new update and travel around on our flying sausages and what all HCS has given to us

all in all,i am satisfied,that HCS hears us and replys

keep this tradition and you will never fail

SirPeter, Warrior, 49 + Aradetan,Archer, 41 + Lil SirPeter,Noob,10

SirPeter's Stats:

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting: 49 | Fishing: 48 | Forestry: 49| Skinning:49 | Farming: 49 Foraging:  49| Prospecting:  49

Crafting:

Alchemy:  32  Cooking: 49 | Leatherworking: 26 | Weaponsmithing:  49 | Armorsmithing: 26 | Jewelry: 16 Tailoring:  10

#17 Samurai

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 18:35

Honestly, I'm impressed with the pace that this game is progressing, and the ability for average players to communicate with the Devs. (HELLO SO AMAZING!) So I just wanted to say that the Devs are doing a great job so far. But yeah, I would also want Guilds and player houses soon :P

#18 Tankh

Tankh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 20:23

I find it disgusting how the HCS are distracting you guys from the real problems. Can't fool me.

I see nothing about buffing the mage class. Mages seriously need improvements.
I see nothing about balancing hybrids with pure classes.
I see absolutely nothing about nerfing warrior-assassin hybrids.
All I see is distractions to make people forget about the REAL issues.

If that is your idea of "listening to the community"... There is a problem.

Edited by Surya, 19 July 2014 - 20:27.

#19 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2014 - 20:42

I find it disgusting how the HCS are distracting you guys from the real problems. Can't fool me.

They need to stop listening and then responding to the community if they want it to grow. 

Edited by Neon, 19 July 2014 - 20:43.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#20 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 July 2014 - 20:58

So, i'm guessing you are a mage that feels hard done by, well i'm a mage too, but i never ask for other classes to be nerfed, if i thought another class was better i'd simply respec to said class, simples, i chose my class and will stick with it, no moaning, no griping and no whinging, nowhere does it say that it's law for game developers to listen to the community, but HCS does that, if i didn't like a way a game was going i'd simply stop playing said game, simples again, who is forcing you to play Eldevin? :)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: