#62 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:54

The third(my fave) is to use tons of attack with a bit of armor. With moves off, use of HP is your best bet because you will be both hitting each other for one. With moves on, it is a bit risky but the pierce is key. The biggest downside of attack sets is if you meet armor/damage, your toast(even your average hunting set will take out an attack set, thats why they are often called suicide sets)

When you mean Tons of attack with a bit of armor? how much would a bit be? 100? 500?

Generally it depends on the level in which you are participating. Play with the armor a bit to find a place where the def/att cannot hit you for more than 1 and that is where you need to be. For example, lv 120 a person CAN go with 500-600 armor and win tourneys..

#63 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 19:54

Here i am starting with lvl 100 which is mostly talked about WW..

the probable stat's with WW as def/ armor ..

lvl 100 stat's probables.. low attack . 450-700 damage and 1250-1350+ def and 1100/1350 armor.. with WW

for armor setup with WW ok attack and 900-1000 damage with 1400+ armor.

this setup's can go upto lvl 130+

for lvl 110 def setup leikmar 700+ damage 700-900 attack and 1250-1300 defence

for lvl 115 def setup shildora kala.. 700+ damage 800-1000 attack and 1300+ defence.

so above all you will find the defence is around 1300+ where the damage will be around 450-750.. (even with WW)

now you can plan a counter setup's ( who don't have the WW) in these lines..

For lvl 150 def setup .. here KING au set will come into act..

max stats of a def setup.. 1200+ attack 1500+ def and 1200+ damage.. and armor 600+ attack 1700 armor + 1400-1550 damage

for lvl 155 where some nice items available here you will have more options .. so the def setup can go with high attack def ..

1400+ attack 1500+ def and 900 -1200 damage
armor same as lvl 150..

for lvl 160 armor setup is quite strong as you able to use void set.. so any def setup will use the ps if lucky they can hit with crush to spin..
i recommend high attack armor setup's can rule any defensive setup's in this lvl.. thou you loose to armor setup's .. but that's the game you can't beat all setup's.

stats.. for lvl 160 armor with void and redspine and WW armor can go upto 1800+ with low attack and good damage.

for def can the highest defence can go upto 1800+ with avarage attack and low damage.

in these lines you can prepare a counter setup's taking account above stats for these lvl's..

Good luck.

here iam going to post the berserk for those who intrested to enjoy to hit the def setup's in one shot. I got good success with this setup .. so i though to share this setup.. almost it can hit 90% of def setup's unless those with only def with as low as 350-400 damage may miss those ..

this is for lvl 175

Marpolo set, void set, crimson ammy, cusith shield , and cusith rune ..

you can use drake rune too for get more attack but a your damage will be low..

good luck .. hope i will not face this setup with my def setup at those lvl

:lol:

#64 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 20:35

dammit, stop teaching people how to turtle up and do nothing !!

:P

then again, rather this then you give away my setups :wink:

#65 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:29

bump over the spam..

#66 fs_haeshka

fs_haeshka
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:40

Phyrstormz... It is not worth the effort to teach people to do anything EXCEPT turtling.. the players who actually care.. and actually want to win.. will go through something similar to the following steps

1) Pick a small level range (like 55 to 60).
2) go to this website http://stats.rubicksman.com/best.php.
3) Look up the best items for a specific level-range (in this case up to 55).
4) Do a stat comparison to find out which group of items they think will work best...
5) Buy those items/find them etc..
6) Forge them to heck and back.
7) lose 30 arenas finding out that it won't work.
8) Change out one item at a time.. trying another 20 times or so..
9) Repeat 2-8 until at least one win is achieved.

-- yes, that is really a less-than-subtle hint to everyone BUT phyrstormz.

Stop looking for people to just drop you a set on a silver-platter. If you are too lazy.. you will NEVER succeed.

Here's a great set-up -- go get a leikmar set.. all nine pieces.. and join every level 110 tournament you see.

You will win.. approximately everyone one in 256 tournaments that you enter. Not bad odds.

A LOT of the arena relies around luck -- especially if you fail to do any damage.. then it's a coin toss.

Do the research people. If a set is posted somewhere.. like every set posted in this thread -- they probably don't work anymore simply because everyone counters it now.

As for combat moves? there is no 'best' strategy. Sorry.

It's ENTIRELY dependent upon the LEVEL-RANGE of the tournaments you are entering + the item combinations you are using.. after that.. it's PURE LUCK if you end up fighting someone whose moves match/counter/side-step yours.

#67 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:58

updated with new lvl 175 berserk which can almost hit most of the turtle and def setup's only threat for this setup is a armor setup

#68 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:54

there is one very important thing to learn about arena -> Arena is an advanced version of Rock-Paper-Scissors game, where you have to learn about your opponents more than about their setups. Have you ever tried to play the Rock-Paper-Scissors game with your friends? how do you win it? Can you win by choosing Rock (== some "magic" setup of one type) all the time? Once you are predictable you are dead meat. Now, think one more time about what the Rock-Paper-Scissors game is, how important types and details of various Rocks are in the Rock-Paper-Scissors game? ... if you choose Rock you still beat Scissors... this is where your focus should be :arrow:

Posted Image

#69 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 14:04

there is one very important thing to learn about arena -> Arena is an advanced version of Rock-Paper-Scissors game, where you have to learn about your opponents more than about their setups. Have you ever tried to play the Rock-Paper-Scissors game with your friends? how do you win it? Can you win by choosing Rock (== some "magic" setup of one type) all the time? Once you are predictable you are dead meat. Now, think one more time about what the Rock-Paper-Scissors game is, how important types and details of various Rocks are in the Rock-Paper-Scissors game? ... if you choose Rock you still beat Scissors... this is where your focus should be :arrow:

Posted Image

absolutely there avvakum is right all my effort is to get you know arena better.. once you ppl start arena you will be better to create your own setup's ..

#70 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 19:24

Posted Image

absolutely there avvakum is right all my effort is to get you know arena better.. once you ppl start arena you will be better to create your own setup's ..

The on problem is you dont know who is entering until it starts.... if i saw who was in it, i could adjust my set accordingly

#71 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 19:26

Phyrstormz... It is not worth the effort to teach people to do anything EXCEPT turtling.. the players who actually care.. and actually want to win.. will go through something similar to the following steps

1) Pick a small level range (like 55 to 60).
2) go to this website http://stats.rubicksman.com/best.php.
3) Look up the best items for a specific level-range (in this case up to 55).
4) Do a stat comparison to find out which group of items they think will work best...
5) Buy those items/find them etc..
6) Forge them to heck and back.
7) lose 30 arenas finding out that it won't work.
8) Change out one item at a time.. trying another 20 times or so..
9) Repeat 2-8 until at least one win is achieved.

Well said

that sounds pretty much what i do

However, its nice to know some experienced people, and you will find some tricks a stat lookup wont show ( example: 2 stats plague helm or reborn cerb ring dont show up on stat guides )

#72 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 20:16

Posted Image

The on problem is you dont know who is entering until it starts.... if i saw who was in it, i could adjust my set accordingly

yes, sometimes unfamiliar arena players join tournaments and win, but % of well-known arena players in every tournament is very high, and eventually it's all mind mini-games between few arena players...

#73 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2009 - 22:57

yes and then you also need to decide whether to switch and change your setup to counter theirs, or think whether they are changing theirs to counter your new setup once you have changed yours, therefore leaving yours the same... More mind games, lol

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#74 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 23:20

yes and then you also need to decide whether to switch and change your setup to counter theirs, or think whether they are changing theirs to counter your new setup once you have changed yours, therefore leaving yours the same... More mind games, lol

yes, you do that, and then lose in the next round to the guy who your old setup used to destroy :P

#75 fs_toc13

fs_toc13
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 00:13

I find it doesn't wait that long and pairs me round 1 against the guy I would beat in my old set-up.... (and of late, that's usually been a guildie)

#76 fs_witchkinga

fs_witchkinga
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 21:06

yes, you do that, and then lose in the next round to the guy who your old setup used to destroy :P

I don't think it is that hard to fight in the arena. Setups ain't really THAT important as most people think. It's the moves. If you use the wrong moves you will be an easy target. I have won several 450+ tournaments with a basic 325 armor setup, and I win because of the moves ;)

#77 fs_snapey55

fs_snapey55
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:37

noobish question for the experienced Arena players ....

lets say I borrow Holly's level 60 items and find tournaments at that level. I join several levle; 60 tournaments which are waiting for more players.
THEN I need to go for a level 150 run.
If I change back to my level 150 gear and 1 hour later the tournament has enough players to go ahead ... what happens.?

Do I still get considered as a level 60 clothed person OR does it calculate I am wearing level 150 stuff and therefore too high and now effectively unarmed because the tournament is too low for me.

#78 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:59

It's what you have on at the MOMENT you enter. After that you can change all ya want, dosen't matter. The stats hve been locked in once you enter the match with the set you have on.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#79 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:18

Sorry but I had to bump this thread closer to the top because i got tired of wading through all of the pages to find it. there are still some great ideas in here I have won many arena tourneys following maxvam's advice.

#80 fs_cristobal7

fs_cristobal7
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2009 - 16:38

1. never enter moves tourneys without your own moves

Well infact, HOW are we supposed to get moves? lmao. If we wont go to moves competition without moves, then we can NEVER have a move

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: