Zanfar's Stamina Guide

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this Stamina guide good? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this Stamina guide good?

1. Yes (25 votes [48.08%])

Percentage of vote: 48.08%

2. With some tweaking and editting, it'll be great (18 votes [34.62%])

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

3. Not at all (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. Umm... Not sure. (5 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2008 - 22:32

Bountying:Bounty hunting takes 10-100 stam per attack depends on what or how much exp you want to take.There are 10 hits max on bountying and you can attack someone thats on the bounty board (if u took the bounty)
every 2 mins for a max of 20 mins.

(Just so that I don't lose track of the post.)

Also, bump.

(Please reply. According to the votes, it said that this guide isn't good or needs improvement. Please tell me how to improve it and such.)

#22 Kanne

Kanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 00:32

I just joined and am unsure what to do ... I'm almost out of stamina so what do I do? should I just stand around waiting for the stamina to build up again and if i do, do I have to leave myself logged into site?

#23 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:32

To get stamina again, you have to wait one hour. No more no less and no exceptions. No, you don't have to remain logged onto the site. You can log out, and log back in later to find yourself with more stamina.

EDIT: I put that fact into the guide.

#24 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2008 - 16:34

Sorry for taking such a long time, but I'm kinda busy nowadays. I'll try to write the Bountying part ASAP.

#25 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:32

Bountying:Bounty hunting takes 10-100 stam per attack depends on what or how much exp you want to take.There are 10 hits max on bountying and you can attack someone thats on the bounty board (if u took the bounty)
every 2 mins for a max of 20 mins.

Attempt at simplifying buffing and stamina :

Every buff costs stamina to cast. This stamina is thus not available for hunting and should be regarded as an investment for better Gold and Xp turnout from the hunt.

With proper gear and allocation of skills and level up points, you will be able to 1-hit all crits with a few exceptions ( some Champions ,Lenzwer etc) for the first 130ish levels. That means that normally no combat buffs are necessary.
The basic leveling pack of Adept Learner,Treasure Hunter,Librarian and Merchant is 35 stamina, TH costing 15 stam, the rest 10.

When you calculate whether to buy others people stamina ( i e paying for buffs) try to count how much gold and XP you will get in that hunt with those buffs.

And guild buffing can be simplified: 20 stam used by guildee buffing you with skills that are not needed for current hunt is 20 guild-stam wasted. And the gold/XP that 10 stamina is worth will be different through the levels.

After the 1-hitting stops, things get more complicated.

On the gold-side : hunt gives gold that gives FSP that can be converted to stamina.
on the xp-side: more XP > you get higher crits faster and thus more gold and XP per crit.

Oh god... Sorry that I haven't been updating this. SO MUCH STRESS is on me right now... Now, time to mark these quotes...

#26 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:49

I am also now working on writing about Reserve Stamina.

#27 fs_tal6727

fs_tal6727
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2008 - 19:48

Good job. Fix the things that all those higher levels are telling you about and that will be one of the best posts about stamina usage and things like that that I have seen. Keep up the good work. :!: :!: :!:

#28 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 17:55

Yay! Another reply that's not me! And thanks.

#29 fs_krazykrab1

fs_krazykrab1
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 18:10

Keep up the good work! Might want to add if you attack other players you can be bountied....

#30 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2008 - 19:10

Keep up the good work! Might want to add if you attack other players you can be bountied....

Yep. So far what I've typed up for the Bounty part has that fact.

#31 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:53

Alright... I'm typing up the Bounty part but I'm not sure if you can get exp from attacking the bountied player. Could someone answer this question?

#32 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2008 - 22:10

Alright... I'm typing up the Bounty part but I'm not sure if you can get exp from attacking the bountied player. Could someone answer this question?

Anyone...?

EDIT: I also fixed the Doubler section. I found out that the info in that section was wrong in certain ways.

#33 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2009 - 20:16

Bump.

#34 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 14:32

Inferno hammer: +74 stamina
Writhing Ward: +2 stamina gain, +120 stamina

#35 fs_k00lb1rd67

fs_k00lb1rd67
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 15:34

If the bountied person is the same or higher level than you, then yes :)

#36 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 20:40

Inferno hammer: +74 stamina
Writhing Ward: +2 stamina gain, +120 stamina

Done. I also reformatted the items list so that the items/sets list that increase maximum stamina is listed in the "How to Increase Maximum Stamina". Makes more sense and more organzied. :P

#37 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2009 - 19:17

If the bountied person is the same or higher level than you, then yes :)

Thank you so much for answering.

#38 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2009 - 19:30

I finished writing about the bounting and also added a small intro to the "How to Use Your Stamina" section, as the other sections have small intros.

#39 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:41

a fairly common misconception about stamina gear: people wearing gloves of stamina when offline= they havenĀ“t done their reading properly.

Two types:
+ gain of stamina = you regenerate quicker = smart to wear offline with the downside of making you have less protection in most cases ( except Writhing Ward lol)
+ max stamina= does not affect regeneration of stamina nor current stamina. Only comes into play when you are at maximum stamina. Then the +max items (if worn) allow you 1-3 more refills of stamina. This effect stays when you take them off. Thus not to be worn offline as they have no effect while you are resting and in 90% of the cases are weak gear in other stats. ( I know people that log in 1 hour before hunt is on, prepare by buying potions and putting stam gear on , then eat and go back for hunting).
whether stamgear is worth it is a more complex discussion that would drift this thread.

#40 fs_hobblegob

fs_hobblegob
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 18:34

Great post! Deserves a sticky! :P 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: