Photo

PVP ARENA TIPS AND STRATEGIES FOR NEW ONES

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 fs_skel1979

fs_skel1979
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 16:15

Its impossible to win arena without being very lucky or having 1800 backpack slots filled with gear of every level.

Everyone that wins wears defense/armor/hp gear it seem as well.
So I have all this attack/damage gear and it does nill against them.

And I disagree that higher levels dont have an advantage.

1) they have the gold to enter the tourrneys. You find me a level 5 with 12k to enter a tourney that isnt being funded by higher levels or a level 34 with 94k to blow instead of saving it for FSP. Im not saying that money isnt attainable at their levels, im saying they should use it for something else instead of a random 1/16 shot to win something

2)they can earn gold easier to buy FSP to forge items

3)same with the above except for backpack slots

#22 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 18:47

do post arguments here please.. open an another thread i may give reply...

thank you. :lol:

#23 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 14:29

I agree with each setup having its strenths and weaknesses. An armor/defense setup is great because against other pure defense sets they can take damage and still hope to get a kill shot in but most the time they sacrifice there damage and attack making them less likely to hit and more likely not to kill with one hit when they do. The arena is as fair as it can be. I know people 100 levels less then me with twice the backpack slots and gold as I have,because like someone else said anyone can donate. You dont need that many back pack slots you just choose a level range you want to compete in and research it. I only have two setups, one for 115-149 and one for 150-185. The 115 is a shilodora set like most but instead of the full kala with it, I use a blade of direlore, a helm of sorthhinda, and the kala armor. This has less damage then the kala set but more defense and attack. My other for 150 is the full King Au Xu with the same helm,same rune and ring, but I switch out the ammy and boots for the boots of gemda and ammulet of amesa. At level 161 and level 164 I switch out the ring and rune for the great ring of fellan(164) and the rune of Gorth(161) Basically I aim for a high attack and max defense with it but my setups lose more often then not. I would be luck if I won one in 20 that I join. What would be the fun if you won everytime? If you keep an open mind and take some of Max's advice and just dont give up you will be winning stuff before you know it.

#24 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 14:30

I agree with each setup having its strengths and weaknesses. An armor/defense setup is great because against other pure defense sets they can take damage and still hope to get a kill shot in but most the time they sacrifice there damage and attack making them less likely to hit and more likely not to kill with one hit when they do. The arena is as fair as it can be. I know people 100 levels less then me with twice the backpack slots and gold as I have,because like someone else said anyone can donate. You dont need that many back pack slots you just choose a level range you want to compete in and research it. I only have two setups, one for 115-149 and one for 150-185. The 115 is a shilodora set like most but instead of the full kala with it, I use a blade of direlore, a helm of sorthhinda, and the kala armor. This has less damage then the kala set but more defense and attack. My other for 150 is the full King Au Xu with the same helm,same rune and ring, but I switch out the ammy and boots for the boots of gemda and amulet of amesa. At level 161 and level 164 I switch out the ring and rune for the great ring of fellan(164) and the rune of Gorth(161) Basically I aim for a high attack and max defense with it but my setups lose more often then not. I would be luck if I won one in 20 that I join. What would be the fun if you won everytime? If you keep an open mind and take some of Max's advice and just dont give up you will be winning stuff before you know it.

#25 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 13:29

ok new arena folks if any one want help above lvl 100 setup's , just pm me what ever help i will.. if you want fun in arena and some nice win's

if you want only lot of win's .. then only one solutions.. like most of them got

go with full def , defence might be above 2500 with two crush only.. then you will get a lot of win

good day :)

#26 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 17:15

Sorry about the double post on the last one :( Anyways full defense is ok, but I believe the trend is going defense/armor The idea is since most people only use defense that you try to get as much armor as you can so if your opponent gets a lucky hit in (as happens in most matches) you can survive it to hit back for the kill. I spent over 300 fsp on a level 50 armor/damage set that was listed here and was ripped apart every time from a defense set unless I started right off with a counter attack in witch case I would lose to another armor damage but kill the defense. Im not sure if this is your idea of fun but count me out.

#27 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 17:20

Sorry about the double post on the last one :( Anyways full defense is ok, but I believe the trend is going defense/armor The idea is since most people only use defense that you try to get as much armor as you can so if your opponent gets a lucky hit in (as happens in most matches) you can survive it to hit back for the kill. I spent over 300 fsp on a level 50 armor/damage set that was listed here and was ripped apart every time from a defense set unless I started right off with a counter attack in witch case I would lose to another armor damage but kill the defense. Im not sure if this is your idea of fun but count me out.

as challenges out there you had to tweak them .. these are the set's basicly for the new ones to get enough moves.. ( that was the basic idea for this post once they get some moves and a bit experience they can use their own ideas ) :)

#28 Lekoaf

Lekoaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 17:50

Anyone got some ideas about a solid armor set for lvl 200-224 that does not include the Inferno Hammer but can include the Tarbidas set?

You can either PM me or post here. :)

#29 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 20:33

ok. guy's here we start again .. from lvl 115 onwars..

i will add def setup's from lvl 80-99 too.. so that you can get good idea about how to beat those :)

why not 100-110 .. again due to epic shield.. i done some experiments in those lvl.. all i can give the stats of that lvl for better understanding..

right now at lvl 100-110 you will notice around 1300 + armor and 1000+ defence and arm/def setup's are entering. and almost just 700-800 damage or below.. and the aim to win is 1 damage made on either side.. if you don't have the epic shield you can go with all attack 1100 +and about 800+ armor can give a tough fight for those epic shields..

i had done this through gurgriss set, Ring of Papelm,Amulet of Senvar (108) , panther ammy, decay guantlets, arkmire boots, darkspine set,.

ok .. now on iam going to give defence as well as armor setup's

first defence.

so here we go

for lvl 115 .. there are two types of defence setup's you can use . shildora /kala or shildora leikmar armor, and darkspine flail. this one has more damage .. where shildora /kala has more defence.

this will go upto 145 too.. you can try 140-145 drake for more damage.

lvl 150.. king set.. vexus helm, drake ring, gemdah boots, amesa ammy, leikmar rune

lvl 155, king set, Greater Helmet of Felagor, gemdah boots, amesa ammy, Ring of Vegmar, leikmar rune.

lvl 160 king set, Helmet of Palencross, gemdah boots,Amulet of Nagerth, ring of vegmar, Rune of Tenalith,

lvl 170 from here you have more options like full defence and def/damage , full def setup,, armor of armal (defence) helmet of palencross, , greater boots of grindal, fellan ring, king gloves, amulet of nagerth, ring of vegmar, and rune of tenalith,

def/damage, gronak set, vexus helm, ayesar gloves, amesa ammy, drake ring, Rune of Regalith

lvl 175 , 180, 190, , same as above , but here you can use khoral helm,

above lvl 170 you got many options to tweak your setup..

note :- you can even use lvl 150 set upto lvl 165 , those who can't afford gear for ever 5 lvl's .. i just mention these items for your convience.., and one thing , you should know what's the highest stat's for a lvl would make you better in arena.. example someone use shildora/kala. then the counter setup would be 1400 attack and 400+armor and 700 damage would beat quite easily.. contd...

#30 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 21:05

Hello! I want you guys to know that maxvam KNOWS what he's talking about! I just won a level 160 tourney (no moves), having used the King set, and miscellaneous other items, and I see after reading his post here that I was wearing the exact items that he recommends!! It isn't going to win all the time, nothing is, but at least it has a chance!! Good luck everyone and see you in the Arena!

#31 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 21:03

updated with lvl 170 to 190

#32 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:10

Hello! I want you guys to know that maxvam KNOWS what he's talking about! I just won a level 160 tourney (no moves), having used the King set, and miscellaneous other items, and I see after reading his post here that I was wearing the exact items that he recommends!! It isn't going to win all the time, nothing is, but at least it has a chance!! Good luck everyone and see you in the Arena!

lol of course he does, you dont get that many wins entering naked with a deflect ;) I just wanted to say that I keep getting questions about my previous post here, and to clear things up quick, I sold both my KAX and Shil sets and have never been happier :)

#33 fs_finite

fs_finite
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:55

it would be more useful to have a comprehensive guide at to what move does what, and vs which other moves, ie its very hard to deflect a crush (impossible?) etc.

#34 fs_finite

fs_finite
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 14:02

Hi

Most of the move descriptions and what they do against other moves appear when you setup your moves and you hover over them with your mouse.

What does not show and what I think you mean is CA will not activate when used against Crush. Crush is a bit like CH where it hits through defend and block but the difference between Crush and CH apart from the lower damage done by Crush is the fact that Deflect does not trigger like CH can do.

Defense sets are hard to beat when they use crush because apart from getting a lucky hit with your attack moves your best chance is SA but this can be deadly if miss with SA due to Crush lowers armor by 80% which is deadly to a Armor setup.

Deflect has a couple of uses one is has a chance to deflect all damage back to your opponent and the 2nd is that it also nullify's the PS armor reduction buff. Example Person A first move PS, Person B 1st Move Deflect, Person A hits Person B lets say for 1 damage and Person B failed to deflect damage but the Armor Reduction buff does not get applied.

Hope that clears somethings up for you.

thats a really nice start... i'm always coming up with questions about the various move though, for example the move dodge with a defence setup, is this 70% if they actually hit you or 70% reguardless of whether they are likely to hit you or not.

#35 Lekoaf

Lekoaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 14:26

Hi

Most of the move descriptions and what they do against other moves appear when you setup your moves and you hover over them with your mouse.

What does not show and what I think you mean is CA will not activate when used against Crush. Crush is a bit like CH where it hits through defend and block but the difference between Crush and CH apart from the lower damage done by Crush is the fact that Deflect does not trigger like CH can do.

Defense sets are hard to beat when they use crush because apart from getting a lucky hit with your attack moves your best chance is SA but this can be deadly if miss with SA due to Crush lowers armor by 80% which is deadly to a Armor setup.

Deflect has a couple of uses one is has a chance to deflect all damage back to your opponent and the 2nd is that it also nullify's the PS armor reduction buff. Example Person A first move PS, Person B 1st Move Deflect, Person A hits Person B lets say for 1 damage and Person B failed to deflect damage but the Armor Reduction buff does not get applied.

thats a really nice start... i'm always coming up with questions about the various move though, for example the move dodge with a defence setup, is this 70% if they actually hit you or 70% reguardless of whether they are likely to hit you or not.

If they hit.

#36 fs_akghicjfh

fs_akghicjfh
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 16:14

OP, maybe you should've thought this through and planned it in a word document or something before you posted. So messy. :?

Or the OP can just add all of this to the OP's first post.

#37 fs_tmrv

fs_tmrv
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 22:28

Any sugestion how to complete my set for the arena?

#38 fs_finite

fs_finite
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2009 - 23:19

Hi

If they hit.

Counter attack vs spin attack, chance to counter (i have heard 10%)???
crush will hit through the defensive moves (provided you hit)... there is nowhere that it tells you it will...

#39 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 13:26

in an armor/damage set up ( i use level 90, decay based setup ) and level 100 ( decay + ward setup ) how effective is counter attack

is it worth dropping all 3 CA moves into my move setup, and hoping ppl hit 1's and i counter for 100, or am i better off going 3 pa, 3 crit, 3 lunge, and my little 1 crush i have ?

#40 Lekoaf

Lekoaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 13:33

in an armor/damage set up ( i use level 90, decay based setup ) and level 100 ( decay + ward setup ) how effective is counter attack

is it worth dropping all 3 CA moves into my move setup, and hoping ppl hit 1's and i counter for 100, or am i better off going 3 pa, 3 crit, 3 lunge, and my little 1 crush i have ?

If you are using the Writhing ward and still got plenty of damage it's definatly worth using Counter Attack... all 3 of them.

I use 3 Power Attacks and 3 Counter Attacks in my armor setups, that is however lvl 200+. Can't say for sure how that works at lvl 100.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: