88 replies to this topic

#41 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:25

Level 100 and above for a few levels is really hard for most armor/damage because the defense/armor sets have enough armor so that you will only hit them for one if you actually land a hit.(If you are using the best sum of armor/damage) There are a few ways around this.1 being use more damage. You will lose vs someone who is using max armor/damage but you will have a better chance vs defense/armor.(Note-If you are entering a no-moves tourney with armor/damage, you will want at least 40 hp for the most chances to hit defense) 2 In moves on tourneys, use of PAs to get your damage up(PA increases your future attacks damage by 20%) and hope you dont get pierced in the mean time. The third(my fave) is to use tons of attack with a bit of armor. With moves off, use of HP is your best bet because you will be both hitting each other for one. With moves on, it is a bit risky but the pierce is key. The biggest downside of attack sets is if you meet armor/damage, your toast(even your average hunting set will take out an attack set, thats why they are often called suicide sets)

#42 fs_dapredator

fs_dapredator
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:45

Level 100 and above for a few levels is really hard for most armor/damage because the defense/armor sets have enough armor so that you will only hit them for one if you actually land a hit.(If you are using the best sum of armor/damage) There are a few ways around this.1 being use more damage. You will lose vs someone who is using max armor/damage but you will have a better chance vs defense/armor.(Note-If you are entering a no-moves tourney with armor/damage, you will want at least 40 hp for the most chances to hit defense) 2 In moves on tourneys, use of PAs to get your damage up(PA increases your future attacks damage by 20%) and hope you dont get pierced in the mean time. The third(my fave) is to use tons of attack with a bit of armor. With moves off, use of HP is your best bet because you will be both hitting each other for one. With moves on, it is a bit risky but the pierce is key. The biggest downside of attack sets is if you meet armor/damage, your toast(even your average hunting set will take out an attack set, thats why they are often called suicide sets)

And the problem with attack sets is that they never really made attack items to meet defence items that there are. At level 250 or so, (well i think it was) i could get over 3000 def, but couldn't manage to muster up any sort of attack to beat that, which is quite saddening really...

#43 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 15:17

how do i beat maxvam in the level 90-110 range

his spin attack kills me ever time :(

#44 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 15:59

how do i beat maxvam in the level 90-110 range

his spin attack kills me ever time :(

ha ha max and spin are detachable since spin introduced in arena :)

#45 doa4life

doa4life

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2009 - 16:07

And the problem with attack sets is that they never really made attack items to meet defence items that there are. At level 250 or so, (well i think it was) i could get over 3000 def, but couldn't manage to muster up any sort of attack to beat that, which is quite saddening really...

I have asked numerous times that attack items be intorduced throughout the game so that it is possible to hit these def setups. Still none intorduced though.

#46 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 16:09

lol.. my post has been using for discussion... rather heping the new arena people :(

#47 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:10

@Everstrike, your giving me too much credit to put me on that list. @ Maxvam, Im sorry about going into some of the more advanced stuff, I know this was meant to help people get a start :(. @Doa4life and Dapredator, there are many levels where attack can overcome defense. Especially now that defense/armor is the trend,lowering the amount of defense used in the average kit out there. At 120 I use about 1400 attack and its enough to hit 80%-90% of who I match, but the trouble is I often need a PS to kill them. At 173, It is possible to get almost 2k attack(yes before marpolo) and have 1k defense to cause most armor sets to miss. Its still a risky setup though. I know I use almost pure defense 45-65 as well and Im often taken out by attack sets that are becoming increasingly more popular down there

#48 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:17

I use this-

http://stats.rubicksman.com/best.php

Weather your starting out or a veteran, Im sure this thing will become your best friend if you enjoy the arena ;)

#49 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:23

You can get 3100 att/900def/1200 dam at lv 250 so it is possible to get attack items to beat defense set..

#50 fs_muditjaju

fs_muditjaju
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:37

You can get 3100 att/900def/1200 dam at lv 250 so it is possible to get attack items to beat defense set..

With the new LE set for level 180 i can beat your set.. because with i get 1200 attack/1800 defense and 1600 damage ... (we both hit each other and i have a higher damage) :)

#51 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:30

With the new LE set for level 180 i can beat your set.. because with i get 1200 attack/1800 defense and 1600 damage ... (we both hit each other and i have a higher damage) :)

As with any set of course there is another set that will beat it. Attack sets are always risky. Your set is decent but versus an defense/armor set of the same level you would only hit for 1(if you hit) and they would kill you with one hit(if they hit) You also didnt factor in whatever armor he likely has and isnt speaking of(Dragon is quite a tricky one he is ;)

#52 fs_muditjaju

fs_muditjaju
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:42

As with any set of course there is another set that will beat it. Attack sets are always risky. Your set is decent but versus an defense/armor set of the same level you would only hit for 1(if you hit) and they would kill you with one hit(if they hit) You also didnt factor in whatever armor he likely has and isnt speaking of(Dragon is quite a tricky one he is ;)

But i dont use it now.. i used to use it when i just started the arena.. i sitll believe luck and defensive sets are the only ones which can help you win moves when you just start playing in the arena :D

#53 Lekoaf

Lekoaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:55

But i dont use it now.. i used to use it when i just started the arena.. i sitll believe luck and defensive sets are the only ones which can help you win moves when you just start playing in the arena :D

I used a decent armor setup to get all my moves in the 200-240 range. :)
Ofc def setups are usually much cheaper.

#54 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2009 - 13:06

I dont have that as a set up since at those level its easy to get 2k att 3k dam, Also thats a max att set up and im quite sure that if I was to use the set up i would use more def :P

#55 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:25

Thanks to all folks who are giving nice tips and strategies on this post... and helping the new ppl to get into arena.

and basically this post is to help and to attaract more and more ppl into arena so that to make arena more fun... :)

#56 fs_kingminos

fs_kingminos
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:48

I have one question regarding the Moves. Which strategy works best? Using moves to enforce your own set or moves that will be effective against different types of sets?

For example, given that i have the 115 Shil/Kal combo, is it best to go with Deflect and other defensive moves, or use moves that will be effective against armor sets(which is the other approach)?

#57 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:58

I have one question regarding the Moves. Which strategy works best? Using moves to enforce your own set or moves that will be effective against different types of sets?

For example, given that i have the 115 Shil/Kal combo, is it best to go with Deflect and other defensive moves, or use moves that will be effective against armor sets(which is the other approach)?

Generally most people will use def/dam and some who have Ward will use def/arm with a fair amount using dam/arm. So one good strategy is to study where those armor sets put their CA and move you PS to where it is not. Most of the time CAs are concentrated in the first 5-6 moves while very low amount are put at the end... Also with the def/dam set, u should use all def moves (block/defend...dont use dodge) and use 3 SA with it + the PS...thats what I do :)

#58 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 17:37

OK GUY'S HERE AGAIN.... this time iam going post something new, most of them are asking about setup's as they are confused what to use at what lvl so i got a nice idea iam going to post the statistics of a perticular lvl.. so that you can decide what items you can use .. iam going to list all defensive stats and armor stats.. soon.......

#59 maxvam

maxvam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:37

Here i am starting with lvl 100 which is mostly talked about WW..

the probable stat's with WW as def/ armor ..

lvl 100 stat's probables.. low attack . 450-700 damage and 1250-1350+ def and 1100/1350 armor.. with WW

for armor setup with WW ok attack and 900-1000 damage with 1400+ armor.

this setup's can go upto lvl 130+

for lvl 110 def setup leikmar 700+ damage 700-900 attack and 1250-1300 defence

for lvl 115 def setup shildora kala.. 700+ damage 800-1000 attack and 1300+ defence.

so above all you will find the defence is around 1300+ where the damage will be around 450-750.. (even with WW)

now you can plan a counter setup's ( who don't have the WW) in these lines..

#60 brownmamba23

brownmamba23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 23:40

The third(my fave) is to use tons of attack with a bit of armor. With moves off, use of HP is your best bet because you will be both hitting each other for one. With moves on, it is a bit risky but the pierce is key. The biggest downside of attack sets is if you meet armor/damage, your toast(even your average hunting set will take out an attack set, thats why they are often called suicide sets)

When you mean Tons of attack with a bit of armor? how much would a bit be? 100? 500?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: