• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#41 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 19:37

I think they should add every single Image into the download(Except perhaps Avatars) and then give us the download for that
(Perhaps put it on a download client so we can get decent download speeds too ? I.E MegaUpload, etc...)

And then update it every time they add the new content and stuff :)

Totally agree with that idea :)

#42 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 19:39

For you people with Firefox and the add-on NoScript who still can't get the images to show up:
- right click on the little S at the bottom right of FF.
- Go to Options
- Go To Advanced
- Click on the Trusted tab
- Make sure 'Allow local links' is checked.
- Refresh the fallensword page.

(Edit: this is assuming you have already followed Hoof's instructions on getting this to work)

-McBush

#43 fs_mindlayer

fs_mindlayer
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 19:44

Is there a pack for evolved people that gave up on Windows and started using other OS? Like a zip file, etc...?

#44 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 19:49

Is there a pack for evolved people that gave up on Windows and started using other OS? Like a zip file, etc...?

+1. This "Image Pack" is a great idea, but useless (for the moment) on my Mac.

#45 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 19:56

I have posted a zip file containing what their installer installs, it is on my dropbox site:
http://dl.dropbox.co...agePack1647.zip

Feel free to virus scan... I just zipped up the folders containing the images..

-McBush

#46 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 20:19

Meh. I can't get it to work, even after going through all that about:config stuff. *shrugs*

My main issue with it is this, though. The way it is, loading images is dependent on the servers. If I got this program to take, it would be dependent on my computer. And while I know the servers can be laggy, I know also the overall speed of the servers vastly outshines my one little computer. I'm afraid if people start using this program, won't it potentially make it worse for people who don't have high end computers and such? I mean, rather than relying on the speed of the server this relies on the speed of our individual computers.. and if our computers are slow, it'll be slow. Whereas the server has the potential to be fast most of the time.

True this does rely quite a bit on the speed of your pc and is kinda why mine doesn't seem faster lol
But it will make the servers faster which mean those without a fast pc can just use the server images and browse normally hopefully :)

#47 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 20:27

For Google Chrome, do what it says for IE and then you should be able to Import settings and that should work, not certain but worth a go right ? :)

#48 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 20:50

True this does rely quite a bit on the speed of your pc and is kinda why mine doesn't seem faster lol
But it will make the servers faster which mean those without a fast pc can just use the server images and browse normally hopefully :)

I don't think there are many people in the world whose internet line would have more throughput than their harddisk - so unless you're cutting video on the background, your disk shouldn't have any big problem coping with it.

And anyway - the main reason to use this is that WHEN the image server OR HCS's provider OR your provider is having issues, it will still work reasonably well.

#49 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 21:24

Working for FireFox 3.5.5

Found missing images:
Under Avi:
1. Secure Trade ... look below for solution

2. Ranking (guild founder only) ... look below for solution

SOLUTIONS
1. Secure Trade ... under the IMAGE directory, create a folder called "temple". save this image with the same name there ... http://72.29.91.222/temple/2.gif
NEW ... C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/temple/2.gif

2. Ranking (guild founder only) ... under the IMAGE directory, create a folder called "guilds". put the mini logo of ur guild there. must have same ID.jpg ... for example: Bushido is 48997_mini.jpg
NEW ... C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/guilds/48997_mini.jpg

Says i don't have permission to save in that folder, yet I'm an admin.

#50 fs_khalsa500

fs_khalsa500
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 21:25

Working for FireFox 3.5.5

Found missing images:
Under Avi:
1. Secure Trade ... look below for solution

2. Ranking (guild founder only) ... look below for solution

SOLUTIONS
1. Secure Trade ... under the IMAGE directory, create a folder called "temple". save this image with the same name there ... http://72.29.91.222/temple/2.gif
NEW ... C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/temple/2.gif

2. Ranking (guild founder only) ... under the IMAGE directory, create a folder called "guilds". put the mini logo of ur guild there. must have same ID.jpg ... for example: Bushido is 48997_mini.jpg
NEW ... C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/guilds/48997_mini.jpg

Says i don't have permission to save in that folder, yet I'm an admin.

if this is on vista, you have to open the browser as an admin (right-click the icon, and hit "run as admin")

#51 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 21:30

crush move looks funny :lol:

Posted Image

#52 fs_philip333

fs_philip333
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 21:32

hey i dled it and now the pics have a red mark on it and it won't show??

#53 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2009 - 22:13

would this work for Chrome, I install the package, but everything is black right now. Also there are no Internet Option in Chrome..

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#54 BlackSun

BlackSun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 00:47

Great addition, I can immediately see a difference. This will help me from logging on from work too.. might mean less fun at work, but also less chance of being fired :-p

#55 fs_mindlayer

fs_mindlayer
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 00:56

Almost made it work on mac. On World Screen, there is a "bug" (probably happens in other situations):

Map tiles do not work. I went after the source code, and the file address was this:

"file:///Users/rsfaller/Desktop/FSImgPack\tiles/16_8.gif"

My path = "/Users/rsfaller/Desktop/FSImgPack"

For some reason, the tileset is indexed using a wrong backslash...

**EDIT** Also, it does work only when I access "http://www.fallensword.com", if I access "http://fallensword.com" without the "www" it doesn't work (probably this is either LocalFileLinks fault, or mine for not configuring it properly =PP)

**EDIT2** Realm Map screen is not loading images from local, but from img server

#56 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:06

The slashes don't make a difference, browsers interpret them the same way

#57 fs_mindlayer

fs_mindlayer
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:08

sorry, on Mac OS (and linux, probably) they do...

*edit* Btw, thanks McBush for the zip file, i'm using it for testing on Mac =)

#58 Admiral Memo

Admiral Memo

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:25

For Google Chrome, do what it says for IE and then you should be able to Import settings and that should work, not certain but worth a go right ? :)

I tried that. It didn't work.

#59 vtpitbull

vtpitbull

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:29

I think they should add every single Image into the download(Except perhaps Avatars) and then give us the download for that
(Perhaps put it on a download client so we can get decent download speeds too ? I.E MegaUpload, etc...)

And then update it every time they add the new content and stuff :)

AGREED!

#60 fs_phredegast

fs_phredegast
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:42

*edit* Btw, thanks McBush for the zip file, i'm using it for testing on Mac =)

Using file:// or web sharing? (If you get it working well, either way, please post instructions :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: