Guild Management Difficulties !!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this Guide useful ? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this Guide useful ?

1. Voted Yes !! Now im aware how hard guild management is !! (55 votes [77.46%])

Percentage of vote: 77.46%

2. No !! I need more in-depth explanation !! (O.o) (16 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 18:03

OK with the new rules added by the cows there will no longer be any guild selling or your account will be terminated !! So YOU ALL BEST READ THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU THINK ABOUT MAKING A GUILD !!

You guys might think it is easy to run a guild, well it is not as easy as walk-in-the-park as you might think it is. To run a guild means you have to make a commitment to make the guild grow and invest lots of FSP into the guild to upgrade your guild. Here are the current upgrade :

Note : All the amount in this thread is only the starting amount if you want to have a good guild.

+1 Max Ranks (Cost = 10 / Maximum = 200)
This upgrades will help you divide players whom has contributed and those who hasn't.
Not only that It also helps you separate the un-trustful guild member from the trsuted
and loyal member and leaders.

How much ranks minimally required : 5
FSP amount minimally needed : 50 FSP

+1 Max Members (Cost = 20 / Maximum 116)
This is the most important upgrade of them all !! This upgrade will determine the strength
of your guild in the future as you get more and more players into your guild !!

How much slots do i minimally need : 5-10
FSP amount minimally needed : 100-200 FSP

+1 Max Structures (Cost = 75 / Maximum = 100)
Another very important option that you need !! This upgrade will determine the strength
of your guild in the future as structures upgrades is what attracts players into guild.

How much slots do i minimally need : 3
FSP amount minimally needed : 225 FSP

+1 Guild Store Slot (Cost = 50 / Maximum = 500)
3rd most important upgrade that you need. It helps you store Legendary and Elite items
for members to use (tag them to prevent item theft) .

FSP amount minimally needed : 250-500

+20 History Characters (Cost = 5 / Maximum = 250)
This is an optional upgrade if your want to expand your guild bio to attract players into
your guild.

How much Bio do i need : 0-50
FSP amount minimally needed : 0-250

+1 Max Mercenaries (Cost = 50 / Maximum = 2)
This is an optional upgrade which allow you to hire more then 1 mercenary at a time.

How much slots do i need : 0-2
FSP amount minimally needed : 0-100

+1 Max Members Per Group (Cost = 50 / Maximum = 50)
4th important upgrade that you need !! You need this upgrade to get more people into
your group attack to increase your chance of defeating powerful monsters that you
cannot solo alone.

How much slots do i minimally need : 2-7
FSP amount minimally needed : 100-350

+24 Hours Front Page Featured (Cost = 10 / Maximum = N/A)
This is an optional upgrade if you want to expand your guilds popularity and existence.

How much advertisement do i need : 0-1 (per day)
FSP amount minimally needed : 0-10 (per day)

+1 Captured Relics (Cost = 50 / Maximum = 5)
This is an optional upgrade if you want hold more then 1 relic in your guild.

How much slots do i minimally need : 0-1
FSP amount minimally needed : 0-50

Enable Guild Item Tagging (Cost = 50 / Maximum = 1)
Another most important upgrade in the game !! This upgrade will 100% prevent item
theft in this game.

How much upgrades do i minimally need : 1
FSP amount minimally need : 50

+1 Max Conflicts (Cost = 10 / Maximum = 19)
This is an optional upgrade if you want to attack other guilds more then once.

How much slots do i minimally need : 0-5
FSP amount minimally needed : 0-50

+1 Max Conflict Participants (Cost = 3 / Maximum = 95)
This is an optional upgrade if you want more players to participate in a guild war against
other guild.

How much slots do i minimally need : 0-15
FSP amount minimally needed : 0-45

+1% Allowable Tax Rate (Cost = 10 / Maximum = 25)
This is a good upgrade that you might want to get it. It help your guild members donate
golds into guild bank as they fight monsters and the gold can be taxed from 0%-25%
from each monster kill. Its really useful when you have a player in guild with lots of max
stamina that hunts alot.

How much % do i minimally need : 1-25
FSP amount minimally needed : 10-250

Enable Guild Advisor (Cost = 75 / Maximum = 1)
This is an optional (important) upgrade if you have a large guild and you want to see
who is progressing and who is not, also it helps you decide who you can kick out of the
guild if hes just freeloading in your guild.

How much upgrades do i minimally need : 0-1
FSP amount minimally needed : 0-75

So you need to have at least 800 FSP (120$) which you can easily buy it from "Buy FSP" . the highest amount you can buy is 400 so you need to purchase 400 FSP twice.

Now about the upkeeps of guild structures and their upgrades !! Heres 2 pictures (credit to SinCtySlyr for the pictures) to show how much the structures initial cost and how much golds required for upgrades :

Posted Image
THE ABOVE IS THE INITIAL COST OF STRUCTURE AT LEVEL 1 !!

Posted Image
LET ME EXPLAIN FEW THINGS HERE :

###,###/#,### = Cost of upgrade / Upkeep every hour
n/a = maxed out structure

If you can get all of the minimum upgrade required and have the required amount of golds to upgrade and have plenty of golds for the upkeeps and lastly keep the guild active within 2 months, then you have what it takes to endure the long-term hardship of guild management.

#2 SinCtySlyr

SinCtySlyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 May 2008 - 18:23

now these screenshots are all the amounts of gold that are needed at the levels my guilds structures are at and in no way reflect what it costs to build/upgrade each of the structures seperately on their own except for the first screenshot thats what it costs just to build them

#3 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 21:19

[Snipped the long quote out]and how many 12 year olds have that kinda money to do this.....=NOT THAT MANY.......so jion a guild and get the lay of the land before you do anything stupid[Snip]

Please don't quote long quotes.

And the age limit is 13 years, you won't get a 12 year old, unless they are going against the agreement.

And it does not suggest that all new players are 12 years olds, however following the rules i'll stick with saying 13.

A new player could be the age of 20 etc etc. And this thread is very useful, it really gives an insight to the amount of work and the amount of gold/ FSP etc needed to make a guild and to upgrade and keep it on upkeep.

This implies that newer players who do not have that much gold or fsp, would be aware of how hard it is to make a guild, and therefore understand the concept, this would prevent them making a fast decision on making a guild and thinking about it first before they take action.

If they understand the difficulties of keeping a guild then they will just join one instead of making one.

However on the other hand this thread allows people who are posisbly new players or long term players, to gain an insight into a guild and how it is made, this allows them to see what they need to spend their gold or fsp on and gives them an easy knowledge and understanding. And quite a bit of useful info.

*Cough* Thanks for the SS Sin, didn't know it looked like that, and the Thanks Joezu for the info. *Cough* Had to edit this a little, thanked Joe for the SS instead of Sinzu *shockzu* Oo :P

And add a poll. :wink:

#4 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 21:33

tnx for explaining it to him EvilLove and i added poll as you requested :D .

#5 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 22:08

tnx, actually it was SinCtySlyr thread that inspired me to make an in-depth explanation on how hard it is to make a guild.

#6 SinCtySlyr

SinCtySlyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 May 2008 - 22:15

I also think it disingenuous to assume all new players are 12 years old. I would have liked to have seen something like this when I joined.

my problem wasnt actually peoples ages(because i know some kids that are actually quite brainy for their age) my problem was actually the fact that everyday seeing a LEVEL 12 saying make me a guild and then a week later seeing the same level 12 or w/e low level selling the same guild they were so quick to get

#7 fs_thelastdj

fs_thelastdj
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 00:15

Fantastic topic.

#8 Dark Archon

Dark Archon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 00:25

This is implying alot of things that I believe to be false...

For instance...

This is the most important upgrade of them all !! This upgrade will determine the strength

I don't like massive sized guilds... IMO guilds are about building a bond between the characters in the guild... maybe even the people who control those characters... in a big guild, you won't really get to know everyone that you could in a small guild as you would in a smaller guild... for instance take 1 teacher and give them a class of 100 students... take that same teacher and give them a class of 15 students... which class do you think the teacher will have more success with?

Your guide also makes alot of other assumptions that I don't really feel like going into... I'd also like to point out that Phool is doing rather well in his guild, as is Joe777 and Mistle... and their guild's upgrades don't even follow this at all...

All I would say about newcomers making guilds is that if you want a member base meaning 10+ members... it isn't going to be cheap... and also, regardless of size, managing a guild comes with alot of work and hassle...

#9 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:16

This is implying alot of things that I believe to be false...

For instance...

I don't like massive sized guilds... IMO guilds are about building a bond between the characters in the guild... maybe even the people who control those characters... in a big guild, you won't really get to know everyone that you could in a small guild as you would in a smaller guild... for instance take 1 teacher and give them a class of 100 students... take that same teacher and give them a class of 15 students... which class do you think the teacher will have more success with?

Your guide also makes alot of other assumptions that I don't really feel like going into... I'd also like to point out that Phool is doing rather well in his guild, as is Joe777 and Mistle... and their guild's upgrades don't even follow this at all...

All I would say about newcomers making guilds is that if you want a member base meaning 10+ members... it isn't going to be cheap... and also, regardless of size, managing a guild comes with alot of work and hassle...

The topic just shows the initial requirement when making a guild and not A MUST HAVE, after sometime the guild founder can decide how to manage the guild at what size hes comfortable with at what style he like (bonding/leveling/etc...) !!

#10 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:48

Great post, badjoe. Its a little long, but I think you got everything.

He's right, managing a guild is VERY hard. When I was new, I was promoted to guild founder of a small guild (the old founder didn't play much). I was very excited when I was given this promotion, but soon realised how its very stressful, and being unable to donate, I was stuck in the mud as far as improving it. Finding members who wanted to join was difficult, and to make matters worse, most members stopped playing only a few days after being accepted into the guild (weather that was due to me being in charge, or that they just lost interest I'm not sure, lol) and that also makes you feel alone and powerless. Gaining allies is hard then, because everyone's just kind of out for themselves and just trying to get by. Also, most of the gold that I gained was put towards the guild in order to maintain our structures (which weren't even really that good). When everyone went inactive, I jumped at the opprotunity to join a bigger guild where I was just an ordinary member.

Anyways, I hope I didb't bore anybody to death with this long post, but I really wanted to backup badjoe's point of how hard a guild is to run, especially when first starting out, and without resources.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#11 fs_zangetsu99

fs_zangetsu99
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:07

another thing m8

did you know that about 85% of the those being stolen are founder-cofounders

#12 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 19:50

bump

#13 fs_deftyjames

fs_deftyjames
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 15:18

This is an excellent post but it is missing on critical piece of information for each item. What you start off with! If I understand correctly, paying the 10 FSP to start a guild gives you twenty members, three structures, etc. Thus, while you may need to upgrade many of the items on the list in order to be a top 25 guild, you need not do it right away! I think that is an important point and you should list what the initial guild cost buys you.

#14 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 17:14

This is an excellent post but it is missing on critical piece of information for each item. What you start off with! If I understand correctly, paying the 10 FSP to start a guild gives you twenty members, three structures, etc. Thus, while you may need to upgrade many of the items on the list in order to be a top 25 guild, you need not do it right away! I think that is an important point and you should list what the initial guild cost buys you.

This thread i made is not saying to all newbies that they SHOULD have 800 FSP at start. It says that you minimally need when starting out a guild and as time passes they'll need to invest some FSP to upgrade guild.

In other word if the player doesn't have access to FSP easily then they'll have trouble running the guild. This guide is just a heads up tutorial on how difficult its going to be if they do not have that much FSP.

#15 Dark Archon

Dark Archon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 18:39

8 Members slots (7 after you cause you take up 1)...
2 Guild Storage slots...
2 Guild Structure slots...
3 Ranks...
2 Members per group...

I dunno how much bio space you get... I'd assume either 225 or 255 whatever the base bio is for you as well without upgrades...

I think that about covers all the free materials...

#16 fs_deftyjames

fs_deftyjames
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 20:36

Thanks. I think this provides some much needed context for badjoes excellent post.

#17 fs_zangetsu99

fs_zangetsu99
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:22

bumoy goodnes=D

#18 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 17:35

2 Guild Storage slots...
2 Guild Structure slots...
3 Ranks...
2 Members per group...

I dunno how much bio space you get... I'd assume either 225 or 255 whatever the base bio is for you as well without upgrades...

Thanks for this piece of info, i need this for the guide about how to run a guild tutorial im going to make !! If you guys have any info on how to run a guild or what ranks trusted players and normal players get or etc.... just PM me in the forum so i can collect all the data i need to make the guide.

#19 fs_kashen

fs_kashen
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 22:30

This is perhaps slightly unrelated but anyway. I'm wondering if there are any special ways for a guild founder of a new guild to get gold into the guild bank or is it just the regular once per day deposit? Seems pretty tough to get money to pay for structures and stuff if that is the case.

My second question is: how much gold does it cost to upgrade a Fury Shrine all the way. Most structures increase quite rapidly in cost but this one starts at 2.5M so it can't really go up that much?

#20 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 22:39

This is perhaps slightly unrelated but anyway. I'm wondering if there are any special ways for a guild founder of a new guild to get gold into the guild bank or is it just the regular once per day deposit? Seems pretty tough to get money to pay for structures and stuff if that is the case.

My second question is: how much gold does it cost to upgrade a Fury Shrine all the way. Most structures increase quite rapidly in cost but this one starts at 2.5M so it can't really go up that much?

Well they can always use taxes and depo to keep up the structures, but it depends entirely on the player if he's willing to spend his time in making a strong guild and upgrades the guilds if he has FSP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: