66 replies to this topic

#21 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:44

Very nice guide, you pick up on things quick. You seem to have tons of potential.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#22 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 15:52

nice thread. Deserves a sticky for it´s simpleness.

Might I suggest addition :

1. Use any set for the elite hunter bonus. Without it you lose 20% potential XP per kill.

2. Do not spend 1 single FSP on acquiring or forging low level gear unless you know you will get that money back or have asked for advice. Avoid all 9-piece legendary sets. Remember to look for gear that will last many levels and keep changing non-set slots with what you find along the way or what you can find cheap.

3. Learn how to search and filter the auction house. Don´t buy right away, follow the prizes of an item you are looking for , a bargain will always show up.

4. Stumble into SuperElite ? Sell the location asap , check SE-Kill log is the fastest way. do not attack !

Excellent poinst, they will be added promptly. I would not have known what to do if I' wandered into a SE, as you put it.

Thanks!

#23 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 15:56

Great guide for newbies! You actually seem pretty smart for a level 20. :P

Don't be fooled. I'm quite smart, sure, but I'm still a total noob when it comes to this game, check out my thread on general where I said the plus 25 to current stam was a complete waste of FSP for proof.

I'm a veteran of many MMO's, and the one thing that always struck me about the games is how new players flounder early, getting discouraged.

All I want to accomplish here is for new people to get to the point where they can progress easily and quickly, extracting all the pleasure they can from playing.

cheers

#24 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 16:09

Ok, guide has been updated again. Thanks again for the kind words, and I hope people have found help here.

All input and kind words are appreciated.

And whoopee, I am lvl thirty with full stamina. Morning of hunting to follow, and it's time to peek at the upgrades my glorious guild may hold in store for me. Mister Girath drops a cool looking axe, and I've been waving a sword around long enough.

cheers.

#25 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 23:32

I think this is much more better than the stickied guides if you want to learn stuff fast. The guides are very handy, but I don't like reading them. This is almost like a summary of tips. Good job making it. :P

#26 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:44

I plead for sticky.

#27 fs_hobblegob

fs_hobblegob
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:53

Please give this a sticky!

#28 fs_ananasii

fs_ananasii
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:33

very, very good guide.

You might want to add a bit about buffs

For example -

You should never hunt without at least an Adept Learner buff

You should focus on maxing out the buffs you do take - dont put small ammounts of points in several - choose 1, get it to maximum, then pick another, and repeat. Every 50 levels, the maximum number of points in your skills increases by 5, so go back and top-up.

#29 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 18:15

very, very good guide.

You might want to add a bit about buffs

For example -

You should focus on maxing out the buffs you do take - dont put small ammounts of points in several - choose 1, get it to maximum, then pick another, and repeat. Every 50 levels, the maximum number of points in your skills increases by 5, so go back and top-up.

Excellent points. I'll add them, and thank you.

For those of you begging for sticking, I'm humbled. All I want from this thread is to shorten the learning curve for people just starting, so they can be about the business of having fun.

Cheers.

#30 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 18:29

Once again, guide is updated. Thanks for all the kind words, and special thanks to those that have contributed ideas and additions.

Cheers.

#31 fs_skel1979

fs_skel1979
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 18:29

I keep telling the noobs in my guild to ask for buffs before they level. By the time I see them they are at 100 stamina. I say why didnt you ask for buffs?

#32 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 23:40

Shameless bump to the top of the forum.

cheers

#33 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 22:14

I totally agree with the onemanmob guide I got the link a couple levels back. :D Now I have a issue I am in a guild that is changing and forcing all the members to have at least a level 30-50 by a deadline of Jan 20th I don't think this is right but I really like the guild excpet for the fact that everyone keeps getting booted and there is not as much activity as there used to be. Any advice? or anyone know of any guilds that are looking for members that are active and friendly? I'm dont know what to do.

Sounds like your guild is trying to get serious. If that's for you, go for it. If it's not for you, start hunting a new guild.

There is an excellent guild guide stickied on the top of this forum.

cheers.

#34 fs_zanfar

fs_zanfar
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 23:29

The 4 main buffs are Librarian, Adept Learner, Merchant, and Tresure Hunter. Some people also like Rage. Just so you guys know. :wink:

#35 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:07

This is EXCELLENT, Mackdaddie. Extremely simple, yet informative and straightforward. I might not have put those 2 points into "Great Vigor" and the 7 points into "Rock Skin" if I'd had a guide like this. If every new player read this guide it would make life a lot easier in the FS World! Perhaps somewhere along the way you could include the importance of certain buffs besides the Adept Learner as you go along. Maybe the importance of READING the Skill guild and learning what buffs do and how they can help you.

Fairly early in the game I was wearing two complete sets at a time and I sometimes wondered why I didn't have enough attack to beat certain creatures. Had I learned about Skills like Keen Edge earlier in the game it might have made my life easier. Just a thought.

Thanks for contributing as well-done a new user guide as I've seen since I joined! Have a nice day!

#36 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2009 - 21:47

Thank Dale, for both thekind words and advice. It is indeed wise to study the buffs. I've recently discovered the joys of AM and conserve, essentiial buffs for plant hunting.

I avoid hunting without

AL

Lib

TH

Merch

These are the dead minimum.

Again, cheers.

#37 fs_tal6727

fs_tal6727
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2009 - 22:10

Great guide for newbies! You actually seem pretty smart for a level 20. :P

Don't be fooled. I'm quite smart, sure, but I'm still a total noob when it comes to this game, check out my thread on general where I said the plus 25 to current stam was a complete waste of FSP for proof.

I'm a veteran of many MMO's, and the one thing that always struck me about the games is how new players flounder early, getting discouraged.

All I want to accomplish here is for new people to get to the point where they can progress easily and quickly, extracting all the pleasure they can from playing.

cheers

Is it just me, or does nobody but me NOT want more little people hanging on there legs. I mean come on, I'm a lvl 71 and I already have to turn the "Blocking Level" on to keep from being swamped by the lower levels. :twisted: :twisted:

#38 fs_gefallen

fs_gefallen
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:27

Bumping this guide....

Very well done.

#39 fs_tife

fs_tife
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2009 - 13:59

very good. sticky it.

And lol for more high level players than low level players are reading this.

#40 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:35

and why on earth is this thread not stickied yet ?
While a lot of the stickied threads in the forum are totally out-of-date?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: