Advice, from Newbie me, to Newbie you!!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 fs_krazykrab1

fs_krazykrab1
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2009 - 16:43

and why on earth is this thread not stickied yet ?
While a lot of the stickied threads in the forum are totally out-of-date?

Agreed... Its way out of date

#42 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2009 - 17:45

and why on earth is this thread not stickied yet ?
While a lot of the stickied threads in the forum are totally out-of-date?

Meh, devs are people too, likely quite busy. Keep posting in the thread and it will serve its purpose, to help newbies, sticky or no.

cheers

#43 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:49

/bumpage

#44 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:54

shameless bump and renewed plead for sticky. This is mandatory reading for any newbies ( and a lot of others too sadly)

#45 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 16:46

weekly bumpage, cheers

#46 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 18:05

/firstpage bumpage

#47 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2009 - 23:04

/frontpage bumpage

#48 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 15:37

/bumping again, hoping this thread can still help new players.

Cheers.

#49 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 18:55

Ok, it's been a while since I posted constructively, and I've learned a few things.

First and foremost, don't sweat gold and FSP. Gold and FSP will come, and they're easier to accrue when you're higher level. You can of course donate to the game for FSP. You can also do the free surveys for FSP. I personally have chosen to do neither, though I fully expect to donate eventually, just because it seems the right thing to do.

If you must worry about gold and FSP, the most efficient way to gain gold is to farm doom sheep, IMO. Doom sheep drop both dark shade and Jademare plants, which auction quickly. I personally hunt Eerie Moors North for the added chance of spotting the Golden Cockatrice for some extra FSP.

Hunt correctly for plants, AM, conserve, and FI are not optional. Repair contstantly, the sheep rip your gear up quickly. There are three potion recipes here, learn them, then give back to your guild by sending the recipes to those that haven't gotten them yet. Do not waste your AH slots on the recipes, none of them sell for nearly as much as the plants.

If you get lucky and fill your bags and AH with plants, take the opportunity to give back to the guild that so graciously supports you. Ask around, find out which guildies make pots, and send them a plant or two. Your generosity will be returned in the long run.

Most importantly, plan your farming excursions. If I'm going to farm, I log out on a portal, then sign in just before my stamina rolls over, and burn the 25 stamina just before the roll, so I'm in position with full stamina.

Peace.

#50 fs_xeononyx

fs_xeononyx
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:01

One thing I dont ever read in newbie guides is to NOT waste your stamina. The best way to do this is to upgrade your maximum stamina at least to 1500. And This conflicts with the "Dont hunt without AL, etc" I have seen numerous times people log in and fail to hunt because their free buffs aren't around. I would prefer someone to throw rocks and paper plates at critters and 20 hit versus sitting around and letting the stamina get eaten at the end of the hour. Make some mention about a hefty hunting routine so you dont waste stamina and this little guide is excellent for beginners.

#51 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:26

A valid point, so here goes.

Stamina is everything in this game. Every move, every attack, all tied to stamina. FSP should be dedicated to stamina increase.

Now, until you get those valuable purple orbs, take advantage of any way to maximize your hunting. For beginners that would three things.

One, don't hunt without AL and LIB. If you're in a guild, the times you can't hunt without them. If you must, adjust your hunting schedule to coincide with your guild's active times.

Two, get to oneshotting things as quickly as possible. Each swing of your weapon should produce experience, anything else is a waste of your time.

Three, don't waste stamina traveling. This takes a bit of planning on your part. Utilize the fallen sword guide to plan hunts. Be in position to hunt when you start. My favorite thing to do at the earliest levels was to examine my questing options, then position myself accordingly at the end of a hunt. Sometimes, I'd log on when I had a few minutes and position.

I actually thought most of this was indeed originally covered, but perhaps I didn't emphasize stamina enough. Hope this helps.

#52 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 17:44

Glad it helped.

Have fun

#53 nibblian

nibblian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2009 - 21:32

Bumpy goodness!

#54 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 21:01

Sticky not coming, so bumping to keep on page one.

Again.

Cheers.

#55 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:50

Glad to help.

cheers.

#56 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2009 - 15:46

standard lvl 20 bumpage.

#57 nibblian

nibblian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:04

You're slacking on the bumping mack. :lol:

#58 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:49

You're slacking on the bumping mack.

He would, at lvl 140 I think.

standard lvl 20 bumpage

He's lvl 120 at last bump.

#59 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:12

You're slacking on the bumping mack. :lol:

Well, I've gone from 16 hours a day in a wheelchair to working fifty hours a week. Usually gotta choose between leveling and posting, and as my guildie, you know what choice I made.

#60 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 16:59

back to first page bumpage, I have been slacking I see.

Hope the thread still helps.

Cheers

:D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: