Learning To Titan Hunt

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 16:50

14:41 08/Feb/2010 You have just been awarded a Bronze Titan Victories medal!

thanks for the tips, mill!!

i was moderately fast before, but now i am feeling super duper fast!!!

gratz on the medal. yeah figured i'd throw all the info out there. it was getting really old hearing about how we were scripting and cheating and this and that. granted people not knowing this stuff was a huge advantage for titan hunters, but alas it needed to get out.

i was pretty close on my technique, but i wasnt quite where you were recommending. after making the 1 or 2 changes you recommended i noticed a drastic increase in my ability to get kills before others, and subsequently a huge increase in my speed from 1 spawn location to another (although my actual walking speed hasnt changed, i am knowing where i need to be much quicker thanks to the multi-click, i was opening up new tabs before which stalled my browser)

sooo, the 1 or 2 changes that you helped me make are ALL THE DIFFERENCE, because titan hunting is a game of MOMENTS, not seconds...

#22 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 17:09

yeppers all it takes is one studder or wrong step and you've missed that titan. :)

#23 fs_ananasii

fs_ananasii
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 17:46

Ok, you've said about changing servers, but I'm sure many of us don't know how to do so, so would you care to enlighten us?

#24 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 18:09

all you need to do is NOT ACCESS the servers for 2 miutes and 1 second... that means shut off auto reload, and go get a cup of coffee (for me at least)...

when you get back, you will be randomly assigned to another server (occasionally you will end up on the same server, but this doesn't happen often)

#25 BalianRW

BalianRW

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 19:16

Is there a way to navigate diagonally using the keyboard, or do you have to use the mouse?

#26 shokolo

shokolo

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 19:20

Is there a way to navigate diagonally using the keyboard, or do you have to use the mouse?

q - e- z-c

You never tried them? :shock:

#27 Keysi

Keysi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 19:44

q - e- z-c

and w - a - d - x... :wink:

#28 shokolo

shokolo

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 20:04

q - e- z-c

and w - a - d - x... :wink:

You lost me :oops:

#29 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2010 - 20:11

While moving on the map the keboard keys can be used to move you much more efficiently than fiddling about with your mouse.

W = North
E = North-East
D = East
C = South-East
X = South
Z = South-West
A = West
Q = North-West

Hope that helps. :)

P.S. I realise that this is the wrong place completely but I have always though it would be a great improvement if they created an 'Action' Shortcut to accept quests, use doorways/stairs etc.. The obvious hotkey for this would be 'S'.. Just a thought.. :)

#30 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 20:15

P.S. I realise that this is the wrong place completely but I have always though it would be a great improvement if they created an 'Action' Shortcut to accept quests, use doorways/stairs etc.. The obvious hotkey for this would be 'S'.. Just a thought.. :)

+1

#31 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 20:17

I have a couple of questions. Does clicking on the "titan link" open up the combat screen? If so should you need to hold down Control while clicking so they open up in new tabs?

nope you don't have to hold control for new tabs,you multi click on that button and sends multiple requests to the FS server and you kill the titan multiple times,the combat screen doesn't matters as long as the internet request is sent,this method was widely used on hunting before the great FSH came out.

yeppers what was said above. i've heard of people that have their right click on their mouse that opens other tabs like you were clicking the middle wheel, that will do nothing but slow you down. as you have to close out those tabs. While you are mashing on the mouse though you should keep going until you get a message that that creature was not found at that location. doesn't mean you've missed any of them, just means that you've gotten all you can get for that spot so it's time to move on, it might be something like creature didn't exhist, but trust me if ya look at your kill streak and or stamina you'll tell how many you got there. i just look at my stamina and know if i'm 1 or 2 hitting and guess where my kills ended up. might check the scout tower once every 15-20 min to get an accurate number though and see how we're doing percentage wise

#32 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2010 - 20:28

Ok I lied, that screenshot I posted there was quite old, I've had dual monitors again for some time..
I think this is probably the optimal setup for hunting titans.. (Different map though of course, you won't find many in varas..)

Posted Image

#33 BalianRW

BalianRW

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 20:54

q - e- z-c

I've always used the arrow pad. When hunting, don't typically want to go diagonally, so they worked just fine.

#34 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 21:30

How do you change servers?

#35 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 21:33

How do you change servers?

as i said at the bottom of the post don't do anything on FS for 2 minutes and 1 second and it will switch you to a different server. that means don't click a single link, don't have auto-reload on. take a bathroom, smoke, snack, or beer break and come back and you should switch to a different server

#36 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 21:47

thanks

#37 fs_khalsa500

fs_khalsa500
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 22:14

i've known all of that for so long... how come i can't get as many kills as you miller? :lol:

#38 fs_babykelz

fs_babykelz
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 22:20

Ok I lied, that screenshot I posted there was quite old, I've had dual monitors again for some time..
I think this is probably the optimal setup for hunting titans.. (Different map though of course, you won't find many in varas..)

Posted Image

i have two monitors too, however i have two completely different size monitors :P (a 9" on netbook, and a 17" or so, BIG difference)

but usually i have the world map on the big screen and hunting screen on the smaller one since i dont have to look far to get to the titan :P

also on my small screen i have a second tab opened with the scout tower :P so if titan isnt near by, i take a look and go back ready :D

#39 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2010 - 22:43

I have a 22" widescreen and a 19" widescreen :P

#40 fs_babykelz

fs_babykelz
  • Guests