Kitteh666's Unofficial Guide to FSP Upgrades v1.15

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#21 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:53

I mean the +1 Stamina gain per hour is not good unless they are purchased in multiples. If you buy 5 at once, you will see significant increase. If you upgrade stamina gain just once, it may not seem much but if you upgrade 5 or more times, you will see significant increase in stamina gain.

And since guild can have up to 6 relics and there are 6 relics that increase stamina gain. Up to 2 stamina gain can incur from each of the 6 controlled relics means if all of the controlled relics increase 2 stamina gain per hour, that's increase in 6 stamina gain!

That means you can regenerate up to a whopping 120 stamina per hour! If stamina were to regenerate by 1 each time instead of a set number per hour, it would be 1 stamina per 30seconds.

Think of the liquid in a cylindrical tank as a stamina. Suppose that you use a stamina, the liquid depletes. There is a container above the tank that is slowly filled by drips. Once the container is filled, it tips over and the liquid fills cylindrical tank a bit. The container tips back to be filled again.
As you upgrade the maximum stamina, the cylindrical tank expands. As you upgrade stamina gain, the container expands and the dripper also drips a bit faster and carefully set so it takes 1 hour for the container to pour into the cylindrical tank.

But what happens when the stamina overflowed? The liquid gets into the tank. But then the excess liquid overflowed and then the excess liquid goes down the drain. The liquid going down the drain is like a wasted stamina.

#22 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:41

And since guild can have up to 3 relics and there are relics that increase stamina gain. Up to 2 stamina gain can incur from each of the 3 controlled relics means if all of the controlled relics increase 2 stamina gain per hour, that's increase in 6 stamina gain!

A guild can have 6 relics.(5 upgrades+the one you start with) Im not sure how many out there gain stam, but they are among the most coveted, so the likelihood of holding more then one stamina gain relic is very slim(at least for more then an hour at a time)

#23 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 16:45

Oi! 6! That means... Guild can have control over all 6 stamina gain relics. That means it's up to 120 stamina gain per hour if all of the relic bonuses have increased the stamina gain to 2.

And if you calculate 120 times 24, it equals 2,880 stamina per day! That's an average of 1 stamina per 30 seconds.

#24 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 17:24

I mean the +1 Stamina gain per hour is not good unless they are purchased in multiples
And i showed you that this is mathematically untrue, it makes no difference if you do one, or 25 at once

. If you buy 5 at once, you will see significant increase. If you upgrade stamina gain just once, it may not seem much but if you upgrade 5 or more times, you will see significant increase in stamina gain.

how is this relevant to whether the upgrade is good or not, the payoff is the same regardless

And since guild can have up to 6 relics and there are 6 relics that increase stamina gain. Up to 2 stamina gain can incur from each of the 6 controlled relics means if all of the controlled relics increase 2 stamina gain per hour, that's increase in 6 stamina gain!

again, so what
this is about whether the upgrade is worth buying

That means you can regenerate up to a whopping 120 stamina per hour! If stamina were to regenerate by 1 each time instead of a set number per hour, it would be 1 stamina per 30seconds.

unless you are about to overflow, this makes no difference, and being that it doenst work that way, what is your point ?

Think of the liquid in a cylindrical tank as a stamina. Suppose that you use a stamina, the liquid depletes. There is a container above the tank that is slowly filled by drips. Once the container is filled, it tips over and the liquid fills cylindrical tank a bit. The container tips back to be filled again.
As you upgrade the maximum stamina, the cylindrical tank expands. As you upgrade stamina gain, the container expands and the dripper also drips a bit faster and carefully set so it takes 1 hour for the container to pour into the cylindrical tank.

But what happens when the stamina overflowed? The liquid gets into the tank. But then the excess liquid overflowed and then the excess liquid goes down the drain. The liquid going down the drain is like a wasted stamina.

nice story, i fail to see the point, unless you are trying to change how stam gain works

#25 fs_regnier7

fs_regnier7
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 21:01

Oi! 6! That means... Guild can have control over all 6 stamina gain relics. That means it's up to 120 stamina gain per hour if all of the relic bonuses have increased the stamina gain to 2.

And if you calculate 120 times 24, it equals 2,880 stamina per day! That's an average of 1 stamina per 30 seconds.

They all usually have 50+ players on them. The despair crystal has 100+ players on it just to defense it..... those relics are defended heavily and hit hard, when their defenses are low. NO GUILD in the game can afford to hold six. I can gaurantee that.

Also consider the stam it takes to get to those relics.... the reason they're coveted is a combo of stam and Xp gain. Those together are worth more than the 10% damage from a lot of other held relics.

This guide is too much of your opinion, and not a lot of raw fact. :?
You also need to consider the empowering cost of these relics....

#26 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 August 2010 - 21:21

I mean the +1 Stamina gain per hour is not good unless they are purchased in multiples
And i showed you that this is mathematically untrue, it makes no difference if you do one, or 25 at once

. If you buy 5 at once, you will see significant increase. If you upgrade stamina gain just once, it may not seem much but if you upgrade 5 or more times, you will see significant increase in stamina gain.

how is this relevant to whether the upgrade is good or not, the payoff is the same regardless

again, so what
this is about whether the upgrade is worth buying

unless you are about to overflow, this makes no difference, and being that it doenst work that way, what is your point ?

nice story, i fail to see the point, unless you are trying to change how stam gain works

+1

This guide is too much of your opinion, and not a lot of raw fact. :?
You also need to consider the empowering cost of these relics....

+1000

#27 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:03

Empower level can go up all the way to 10. The relic bonuses increase as the Empower level increases. I think.

If you upgrade stamina gain, even once, you will see that you are regaining stamina a bit faster. But the main problem is the overflow. I tend to play Fallen Sword once every 12 hours.

And I saw someone with 130k maximum stamina! That was RedDevil77. RedDevil77 has the record for the largest stamina capacity. RedDevil77's stamina tank is more than half the size of a bathtub. My stamina tank is about the size of a 710-mL bottle but my stamina capacity is at 740. Think of 1 mL equal 1 stamina, where 1L is equal to 1000 stamina.

Think of how much FSP RedDevil77 spent on stamina capacity. But I wouldn't want to have 130K stamina. It's too much. If I had 120 stamina gain per hour, it would take me 1087.5583... hours to regain 130,507 stamina. And 1087.5583... hours is equal to 45.3149305... days. Seriously, too much stamina is a nightmare for me. I would prefer to cap my stamina at 10,000.

#28 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:09

Empower level can go up all the way to 10. The relic bonuses increase as the Empower level increases. I think.

Pretty sure you are wrong here..

If you upgrade stamina gain, even once, you will see that you are regaining stamina a bit faster. But the main problem is the overflow. I tend to play Fallen Sword once every 12 hours.

Was this thread all about YOU and not helping others?

And I saw someone with 130k maximum stamina! That was RedDevil77. RedDevil77 has the record for the largest stamina capacity. RedDevil77's stamina tank is more than half the size of a bathtub. My stamina tank is about the size of a 710-mL bottle but my stamina capacity is at 740. Think of 1 mL equal 1 stamina, where 1L is equal to 1000 stamina.

Think of how much FSP RedDevil77 spent on stamina capacity. But I wouldn't want to have 130K stamina. It's too much. If I had 120 stamina gain per hour, it would take me 1087.5583... hours to regain 130,507 stamina. And 1087.5583... hours is equal to 45.3149305... days. Seriously, too much stamina is a nightmare for me. I would prefer to cap my stamina at 10,000.
What the heck does any of this have to do with the topic??

For a moment, when I first read this thread, I thought maybe I was wrong about you. I am glad to see my b*llsh*t radar still works!

#29 8jose9

8jose9

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:13

:lol:

#30 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:18

Once you upgrade, you can't un-upgrade. That's why it's permanent.

I have seen relics with empower level of 10, which is the highest it can go. I have not seen an relic with empower level of 11.

#31 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:24

I have seen relics with empower level of 10, which is the highest it can go. I have not seen an relic with empower level of 11.

I was actually refering to the stam gain bonus, it is not increased with empowering but beyond that, I am pretty sure you can upgrade to level 20 :roll:

#32 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:27

I was actually refering to the stam gain bonus, it is not increased with empowering but beyond that, I am pretty sure you can upgrade to level 20 :roll:

10 is the most you can empower a relic

#33 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:29

You can empower it 20 times.. up to 10%, yes?

EDIT: (I only say that because I took a relic and tried to empower it several times.. there was a big issue in the guild because I think I screwed up and lost it at like 12 which wasted a TON of guild gold, but my memory could be off and I have been known to be wrong)

#34 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:32

You can empower it 20 times.. up to 10%, yes?

No, 10 times up to 10%. The chances of a fail on 20 trys would be near guaranteed lol

#35 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:34

NO, because you only get .5% for each empower. This I am sure of.

#36 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:36

No, the bonus kinda jumps, I know that on level 9 you get a 6% bonus and on 10 you get the full 10%

#37 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:37

No, the bonus kinda jumps, I know that on level 9 you get a 6% bonus and on 10 you get the full 10%

That I did not realise.. then I must have lost more then I realised when I was empowering that relic.... Oh well, thank you for the info :wink:

#38 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:41

That I did not realise.. then I must have lost more then I realised when I was empowering that relic.... Oh well, thank you for the info :wink:

Hey (WAY off topic but we were there anyways) I think we could use a quick tip guide to relics on the forums.. New people have SO many issues understanding relics and when to take them... you think you might want to do something like that? (if there is one I haven't seen it)

Edit: Also do you know is it better to have more then one person empowering a relic or just one person (I only ask because you seem to be full of knowledge today) :wink:

#39 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:49

New people have SO many issues understanding relics and when to take them... you think you might want to do something like that? (if there is one I haven't seen it)

Relics should be taken whenever possible ;) As for a guide, is one needed? All the info is on the page when you view a relic.

Also do you know is it better to have more then one person empowering a relic or just one person (I only ask because you seem to be full of knowledge today) :wink:

That I have no clue on... never tried it lol Empowing really is about luck, ive seen it go straight to 10 and ive personally had 13 fails lol So if you do plan on empowing, put aside like 30mil in the guild bank and expect to loose it ;)

#40 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:53

New people have SO many issues understanding relics and when to take them... you think you might want to do something like that? (if there is one I haven't seen it)

Relics should be taken whenever possible ;) As for a guide, is one needed? All the info is on the page when you view a relic.

I was really refering to newbies trying to take relics that they can't possibly take. I can't tell you may many times a lower level guildie has walked upon the blue chasm with 5+ level 500 players on it. Maybe in a top 10 guild a level 20 player could get enough behind him but in most guild this is not the case. They have trouble figuring out why they can't take it. Maybe it's something you just have to learn :wink:

Also do you know is it better to have more then one person empowering a relic or just one person (I only ask because you seem to be full of knowledge today) :wink:

That I have no clue on... never tried it lol Empowing really is about luck, ive seen it go straight to 10 and ive personally had 13 fails lol So if you do plan on empowing, put aside like 30mil in the guild bank and expect to loose it ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: