Learning To Titan Hunt

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 23:57

I figured why not share some info about hunting titans. Hopefully you've got at least a decent connection speed to FS. If you go under your preferences tab and click to hide everything there, you won't believe how much it will speed ya up. hide kill logs, guild info, backpacks, fsbox, game info, everything there in the top check it and save. As far as actually killing the titans, as soon as you land on the square where the titan is located start smashing your mouse key as soon as possible and as fast as possible for 2-3 seconds. this will allow you to get all the kills you can for that one spot. A good idea is while your moving hover the pointer where the titan attack button should be so once you step on the square you can start mashing away on your mouse. if your with a group of people and covering an area, just keep hitting the R button repeatedly. if it shows near you doing this will show you where he is before your world map does. Another thing STAY OUT OF GUILD CHAT!!! if your spending time in guild chat talking about zones, kills, who's there, and what not then your missing the titans in your area. just keep killing till its over then see what you get done. Don't constantly look at your kill streak and scout tower to see how many kills you have. that one click to the tower just lets a fast hunter have all the edge he needs. I suggest getting skype and doing a conference call. don't have to worry about typing anything just say where your covering and communicate between members. If your still having trouble and running a little slow try to change servers. some servers are better than others on FS. if your slow wait 2 min 1 second before clicking anything on the screen, have someone cover your zone, and try switching to a different sever. Also never hunt using FSHelper even in hunting mode this just slows you down by 1-3 seconds which is an eternity in titan lifespans. Any other questions feel free to ask.

#2 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:01

100% right in what he says, listen and learn from the best :)

#3 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:07

Also I forgot to tell ya, go under your windows preferences and mouse settings. Make sure that your double click speed is turned up as fast as it can go, that way the computer responds to all the clicks that you are doing. Just another tip.

#4 fs_toc13

fs_toc13
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:11

Some very handy info in there.

From your image, I see you're using Chrome- would you recommend this as the browser to use for Titan hunts ( I've seen comments that it's faster) or is this just a general personal preference?

#5 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:17

chrome is definatly faster as far as moving around the map for me, but if you turn off all add-on's that you've got on firefox then it can run about as fast as chrome. that image isn't of a titan map, just a huge map to show how much of the world you can actually see, just by moving your browsers around.

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:22

:) I have a very similar layout for hunting titans too, I never thought about putting the map on a zero second reset though, I had it to one second.. I'm not sure my connection would handle a zero second refresh :(

Posted Image

#7 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:25

Just after a bit of a personal opinion with your thinking here.

With your experience, do you have an idea for the threshold where image loading in chrome makes it slower than firefox with local file support (local images).

Being close to the servers on a fast connection means that the image loading is close to being local files for you. for others a bit more distant, these image loads are what will significantly slow people down.

Maybe another way of putting it. Roughly how many squares per second would you reasonably expect to be able to move? This way someone may be able to gauge if Chrome or Firefox with addon's disabaled and local file support on is the best option.

#8 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:28

Ive found Firefox in safe mode to be the fastest for me, however I cant seem to get a way for it to auto-refresh. Ive tried the google auto-refresh thingy but all it does is put a random number in the top left of the screen lol If anyone has a solution to this you would make me a happy little hunter :)

#9 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:30

with firefox i don't even use the local image pack that they give us, that's just blank for me, but i'd say i can make it 3-5 steps in a second maybe an extra step here and there. And depends on which way your going. find that moving in diagonals is much faster than just left and right for some reason. i move in as many diagonal positions i can till i get to the last step, or hope the last step is a diagonal too :). you can test out what i've told ya here even when there's not a titan out. move around like you normally would, then turn off helper, and the preferences and move, see how much quicker your walking around. also test it again when you turn off any other add-on's you might have on your firefox.

#10 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:33

Ive found Firefox in safe mode to be the fastest for me, however I cant seem to get a way for it to auto-refresh.

As I understand it, Firefox Safe Mode is just Firefox with all add-ons disabled. So, you could just go in to your normal Firefox and manually disable all add-ons except ReloadEvery, and there you go.

#11 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:39

Ive found Firefox in safe mode to be the fastest for me, however I cant seem to get a way for it to auto-refresh.

As I understand it, Firefox Safe Mode is just Firefox with all add-ons disabled. So, you could just go in to your normal Firefox and manually disable all add-ons except ReloadEvery, and there you go.

Hummm.... ya, it might do. I'll test it out next hunt.

#12 fs_balbazack

fs_balbazack
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:57

Hum... You guys are talking about using FireFox and Google Chrome...

What about Internet Explorer? I know that it is the basic that comes with a normal computer so it supposed to have a normal speed...

I find FireFox even slower than Explorer and I don't want to put the add on to off...

Chrome is faster than these two but I don't really like how it is made...

If I told you that I'm using something faster than these 3? What would you say?

Some say that the Safari browser is... hum... s**t... ( sorry for any bad language there... )

But you should know that Safari is slighter faster than Chrome and I really see the difference between those too... so I suggest everyone to use the Safari browser instead of FireFox or Explorer. Chrome can be good too but to surf faster on the web, Safari is the best to date!

#13 fs_babykelz

fs_babykelz
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:06

i have the smexyness of having 2 monitors ;) usually i have the realm map on the bigger screen, with my referesh at 2 seconds (using chrome), and then i move on my smaller screen and im ready to go ;)

however if i can get a faster reload time it would be fantastic.....

#14 fs_akghicjfh

fs_akghicjfh
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:14

Thanks for the tips miller. ;)

#15 BalianRW

BalianRW

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:45

I have a couple of questions. Does clicking on the "titan link" open up the combat screen? If so should you need to hold down Control while clicking so they open up in new tabs?

#16 shokolo

shokolo

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:32

I dont know millerguy , no matter how many times i tried, i dont see 1833 purple orbs on the left screen.....amidoingitwrong ? :shock:

#17 fs_nagato

fs_nagato
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:39

I have a couple of questions. Does clicking on the "titan link" open up the combat screen? If so should you need to hold down Control while clicking so they open up in new tabs?

nope you don't have to hold control for new tabs,you multi click on that button and sends multiple requests to the FS server and you kill the titan multiple times,the combat screen doesn't matters as long as the internet request is sent,this method was widely used on hunting before the great FSH came out.

#18 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 14:47

14:41 08/Feb/2010 You have just been awarded a Bronze Titan Victories medal!

thanks for the tips, mill!!

i was moderately fast before, but now i am feeling super duper fast!!!

#19 fs_millerguy

fs_millerguy
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 16:13

14:41 08/Feb/2010 You have just been awarded a Bronze Titan Victories medal!

thanks for the tips, mill!!

i was moderately fast before, but now i am feeling super duper fast!!!

gratz on the medal. yeah figured i'd throw all the info out there. it was getting really old hearing about how we were scripting and cheating and this and that. granted people not knowing this stuff was a huge advantage for titan hunters, but alas it needed to get out.

#20 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 16:35

As a wanna-be titan-hunter... I thank you for your openness and honesty. So many seem to forget this IS a game, afterall. 8)

I promise not to use my new-found powers for a while, though. I want to get a few more levels before I try titan-hunting for real. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: