NOOB GUIDE TO BUFFS (Maybe?)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fs_angiefc

fs_angiefc
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:53

By all means, please leave your own feed back and opinions on any of this. This is by no means meant to be a catch all post, this is simply a personal opinion.

Just to be clear, this is a list of buffs you should use for hunting, you don't have to spend your skill points on them. HOWEVER if you do put your skill points into the buffs you need to hunt then you don't have to worry about finding other people on to buff you. Sure it takes a small amount of stamina away from your hunt, but it can save you half an hour of searching.

Level 1-75 - Adept Learner and Librarian... At these low levels there are usually enough monsters that you don't need doubler. Also given the cost of Merchant and Treasure Hunter, you don't make enough gold to really benefit from these buffs.

Level 75-140 - Adept Learner, Librarian, Treasure Hunter, Merchant (Maybe doubler) At this point the monsters, if you keep your gear repaired, aren't that big a problem, and you're getting enough gold to make TH and Merc worth it. Use Doubler if you have 1000+ stamina at this point, if you're under 1000 stamina then it may not be worth it. There might be a couple of levels in the early 100s that Berserk and DC can be helpful.

Level 150 + ... This is where it gets tricky to help people. By this point we have two groups of people. Group A has put all the level up points into damage (or most of them) and Group B has not. For people in Group A it might be a little easier with buffs than Group B. The basic buffs still are good, plus Doubler, now you will likely want Dark Curse, Berserk, and maybe Wither or Shockwave (when you start two hitting, which will be soon). For people of Group B, look at your Level Up points. Most buffs work based on where you spent your points.

Berserk will not work if you have only a few points in Damage.
Great Vigor does nothing if you have no level up points in HP
Fortify only works if you have points in Armour
Rage only works if there are Attack Points
Evade only works for Defense, just like the others.

The main reason for writing this is to try and save the new people who find this a few coin, and maybe give them a bit of insight so that other people in the guild don't have to put up with using more stamina than needed on a level 10 player who does not need death dealer.

REMEMBER Look at your next stamina gain, and the time you have left on buffs. If you wait a few minutes you might get another 15-30 kills on that hunting session. Also if you deactivate Doubler when you're done hunting that's also a bit of extra stamina you can use

I know there are a lot of holes in this, and if people want to toss out their own ideas, go for it.

(thanks for the correction about fury and rage)
(Updated Wed, Feb 18th Midnight Server.)

If ya need help with gear set up, or even finding where monsters your level are http://www.fallenswordcalculators.com is a great site. It's easy to register, just use a different password than you use for Fallen Sword.

#2 Cathbadh

Cathbadh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:05

Good advice from the OP.

DodgeThissig04.jpg

#3 fs_ananasii

fs_ananasii
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:16

small mistake though -

Fury only works if there are Attack Points

You mean Rage only works if there are Attack points

Fury works on both Attack AND Damage

Still, good advice (not that anyone will ever listen - we (in my guild) have a proven 1 hit set up with basic buffs - ie no DD, CA etc - all the way to level 187, but I'm still constantly getting requests for Wither and DW from my own guild mates below level 187)

#4 fs_angiefc

fs_angiefc
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 14:25

Still, good advice (not that anyone will ever listen - we (in my guild) have a proven 1 hit set up with basic buffs - ie no DD, CA etc - all the way to level 187, but I'm still constantly getting requests for Wither and DW from my own guild mates below level 187)

I wonder if the cows have a bit of irony when they picked level 187 as the cut off point for 1 hit killing *chuckles* doubt anyone would get the reference.

As for items, yes with a couple of set ups, if you put all your points into damage, you can keep one hit killing, but if you haven't level 150ish is where things start to change. Also, not every guild has access to top line gear.

I realize this isn't likely to get read by people who it would help, mostly it was just fun typing it out to see if any other people had input.

#5 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 20:48

Bring back the saturday specials pls (or am i just missing them lol?)

Anyway nice post AFC :D

Ignition_Honda_410x200_zps03cc040c.png

#6 fs_angiefc

fs_angiefc
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 14:38

Bring back the saturday specials pls (or am i just missing them lol?)

Anyway nice post AFC :D

I usually do them in the morning, my time, so around 1400 server time. Still I've been doing them every week I can. I have a new idea for it this week, so people notice it a bit more.

#7 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 16:41

good post! scratch that, GREAT post! i wish i would have had this when i was leveling in this area...

may i make 2 suggestions?

1. make it more clear that this is a list of buffs you should use for hunting and not where you should put your skill points... it took me a second to figure that out

2. there are a few levels in the really early 100's where DC and BZ are appropriate... maybe lenzwar, muscharia beast... i remember those were the first baddies i had to stop and say, "how the heck can i kill these guys"

#8 fs_ankurjain

fs_ankurjain
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 17:06

good post! scratch that, GREAT post! i wish i would have had this when i was leveling in this area...

may i make 2 suggestions?

1. make it more clear that this is a list of buffs you should use for hunting and not where you should put your skill points... it took me a second to figure that out

2. there are a few levels in the really early 100's where DC and BZ are appropriate... maybe lenzwar, muscharia beast... i remember those were the first baddies i had to stop and say, "how the heck can i kill these guys"

during those times i used a non forged decay set and supplementary equipment.....during those times i actually went to realms which had high level creatures like gaurtor demons, and adjusted my items such that i had the right 1 hit non suicide setup....i think everything about level 140s and level 110s is getting hyped up...pardon me if i m wrong...

#9 fs_ankurjain

fs_ankurjain
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 17:10

Getting back to the point and the motive of this thread, merchant and TH should be used from level 60.....burrow grubs are the first creatures at those levels to start dropping sufficient gold...

And doubler should be used whenever available, and conserve 750 stam onwards....it helps even at that value of stam.....

IMPORTANT NOTE: I wonder if people deactivate doubler after reaching the point when it doesnt allow to hit more ( like 79 stam with doubler 4)
Then you can hit around 50 more creatures if you dont need to move around too much...

#10 fs_angiefc

fs_angiefc
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2009 - 19:53

thanks i'll add those in when I get a chance. Glad to see people are helping me out on this ^_^

#11 fs_bolverk93

fs_bolverk93
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2009 - 16:10

I wonder if the cows have a bit of irony when they picked level 187 as the cut off point for 1 hit killing *chuckles* doubt anyone would get the reference.

Police band code in America for Homicide, as any decent fan of "Snoop Dogg" knows * winks*

#12 Lekoaf

Lekoaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 13:33

Police band code in America for Homicide, as any decent fan of "Snoop Dogg" knows * winks*

There is also a movie with Samuel L Jackson that is called "187". :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118531/

#13 Dark Archon

Dark Archon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 17:04

As for items, yes with a couple of set ups, if you put all your points into damage, you can keep one hit killing, but if you haven't level 150ish is where things start to change. Also, not every guild has access to top line gear.

I realize this isn't likely to get read by people who it would help, mostly it was just fun typing it out to see if any other people had input.

They didn't pick level 187, they picked level 140, but as game mechanics changed, 140 slowly became 1-hittable. Then they just made it easier and easier. Currently, with the new buffs, and new potions, 1 hitting is possible for 95%+ of all levels in the game. So no 1 hitting does not stop at 187 anymore. And it never initially stopped there. It initially stopped at 140, but people found a way around that with the new hellforge system.

You also may not want to call it "Library" and instead call it "Librarian" as I can picture noobs who will get confused by it being called anything but what the skills page says.

#14 fs_angiefc

fs_angiefc
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 00:51

Thanks for the feed back guys, updated the first post and edited some of the information, as well as added the other stuff.

In regards to the 1 hit set up being possible past level 187 I know it is, however it can cost a lot to try and run it, including a lot of extra money in buffs. In a couple of the buffs if you miss, and die, you have to start over till you build up enough kills to get back to the one hit status.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: