Levels 1-134 in under 25 Items?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:43

This assumes no guild bonuses (stat structures or relics)
However, it does assume that all level up points are placed in damage
(you do not need any offensive/defensive skills for these levels, just the items and your level up points in damage)

Note: Items are fully forged and perfectly crafted (if craftable) unless otherwise noted

Levels 1-4
Fire Amulet and Tassodans Rune

Levels 5-14
Emissaries set (gloves, visor, and armor need not be forged), Fire Amulet, and Tassodans Rune

Levels 15-29
Emissaries set (gloves, visor, and armor need not be forged), Reborn Dragon Amulet, Dwarf Quartz Ring, and Tassodans Rune

Levels 30-44
Emissaries set (gloves, visor, and armor need not be forged), Reborn Dragon Amulet, Shield of Girath, Dwarf Quartz Ring, and Primal Rune (unforged)

Levels 45-65
Emissaries set (gloves, visor, and armor need not be forged), Reborn Dragon Amulet, Dwarf Quartz Ring, and Power Obelisk

Levels 59-69
Lesser Santork Claws, Helmet of Yeltz, Amulet of Khale, Lesser Reindeer Antlers, Shield of Girath, Ring of Khale, and Power Obelisk

Levels 70-99
Lesser Santork Claws, Helmet of Yeltz, Amulet of Khale, Lesser Reindeer Antlers, Shield of Girath, Ring of Khale, Boots of Almar, and Power Obelisk

Levels 100-134
Lesser Santork Claws, Rusted Helm of Worzon, Amulet of Khale, Hammer of the Deep, Golden Panther Armor, Battle Shield of Korssak, Ring of Khale, Boots of Almar, and Rune of Decay

Items:[*:1vuv4p14]Fire Amulet[*:1vuv4p14]Tassodans Rune[*:1vuv4p14]Emissaries Armored Grasp (unforged)[*:1vuv4p14]Emissaries Split Visor (unforged)[*:1vuv4p14]Emissaries Knot Work Plate (unforged)[*:1vuv4p14]Emissaries Death Head Mace[*:1vuv4p14]Reborn Dragon Amulet[*:1vuv4p14]Dwarf Quartz Ring[*:1vuv4p14]Shield of Girath[*:1vuv4p14]Primal Rune (unforged)[*:1vuv4p14]Power Obelisk[*:1vuv4p14]Lesser Santork Claws[*:1vuv4p14]Helmet of Yeltz[*:1vuv4p14]Amulet of Khale[*:1vuv4p14]Lesser Reindeer Antlers[*:1vuv4p14]Ring of Khale[*:1vuv4p14]Boots of Almar[*:1vuv4p14]Rusted Helm of Worzon[*:1vuv4p14]Hammer of the Deep[*:1vuv4p14]Golden Panther Armor[*:1vuv4p14]Battle Shield of Korssak[*:1vuv4p14]Rune of Decay

#2 fs_igen

fs_igen
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:37

Not bad, the only problem I can see is the lack of the Elite Hunter bonus for quite a while

#3 fs_palamassi

fs_palamassi
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:00

Not bad, the only problem I can see is the lack of the Elite Hunter bonus for quite a while

There's no lack of EH.
5-58: Emissaries
59+: Khale

#4 fs_igen

fs_igen
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 15:32

I stand corrected...

#5 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:05

Yeah, you could get EH at level 4 with Frostbite (and if you wanted to add that for one level, you'd still be at 25 items)
Honestly, I don't think having EH at level 4 is going to make a big difference

And I should note that this assumes the Homicide Tactic when possible
(that is, if you don't 1-hit, you die)
Thus, you would want to be using D750
This is a more efficient tactic than the popular Cochran Tactics for these levels
(Cochran Tactic: If you do not 1-hit, you do not die)

Stamina/XP-wise it looks like this when you do not 1-hit...
Cochran Tactic: 16 stamina + 16 stamina for 16 XP units
( = 2 stamina/XP unit)

Homicide Tactic: 1 stamina for negative 5 XP units 16 stamina for 16 XP units
Overall this is 17 stamina for 11 XP units
( ≈ 1.54 stamina/XP unit)

P.S. I don't recommend having a large amount of gold on you while you hunt

#6 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:54

A few notes on how to use these items....
First of all, I highly recommend the maps and creature indexes available at http://www.fallenswordguide.com/
Secondly, If you want a more "bird's eye" perspective of Fallen Sword, I recommend the reference maps available at http://mowglik.webs.com/RFSA.htm
Finally, I recommend creating a calculator to compare your stats against the creatures' stats for each level
An example calculator that I created is available to view at http://spreadsheets....TEu-UdRQmUHbRg#
(Note: you will need to create a copy or export the file in order to edit any of the values)

After the first few levels, the three resources listed above will be all that you need to plan your hunts

For Levels 1-4[*:23rya3bc]I recommend hunting in the "Mountain Path" area
[*:23rya3bc]Feel free to complete the quests while you are there, but I don't recommend going out of your way to do so
[*:23rya3bc]Also, I do not recommend the "Fire Chasm" route
[*:23rya3bc]However, I do recommend "Elven Halls" (there's a quick and easy quest in there)
you may or may not find it useful to visit "Goblin Cave"For Levels 5-14[*:23rya3bc]If you are more than 25 moves away from "Krul Island" use the instant portal
[*:23rya3bc]For levels 5-8 you want to be hunting in "Elya Plains North"
[*:23rya3bc]For levels 9-10 you want to be hunting in "Elya Plains South"
[*:23rya3bc]For level 11 you can either remain in "Elya Plains South" or move to "Otha Caves"
(if you go to the caves, remember to use the instant portal if more than 25 moves away from Krul Island)
[*:23rya3bc]For levels 12-14 you want to be hunting in "Krul Beach Forest East" (instant portal if more than 25 moves away from Krul Island)For Levels 15-29[*:23rya3bc]Use the Krul Forest Portal to portal to "Dreg Marshes"[*:23rya3bc]I recommend completing the Dreg March; The Burnt Hut; and The Old Man quests in "Dreg Swamp"[*:23rya3bc]Once you finish those quests, I recommend moving to "Galo Caves"[*:23rya3bc]At level 20 you should be hunting in "Paladir Forest"[*:23rya3bc]At level 25 you should be hunting in "Ramdal Caves"[*:23rya3bc]At level 28 you should be hunting in "Udan Forest"For Levels 30-44[*:23rya3bc]At level 30 you can hunt in either "Forgotten Forest" -or- "Crystal Cavern"[*:23rya3bc]However, at level 33 you want to be hunting in the second and then third levels of "Crystal Cavern"[*:23rya3bc]For levels 36-40 you can hunt in "Dark Cave"
(However, you may want to hunt in "The Eerie Moors" at level 37 because of the plant resources)For Levels 45-65[*:23rya3bc]At level 48 you have a lot of choices, I strongly recommend NOT hunting the Griffins or the Venus Man Traps[*:23rya3bc]In fact, I recommend heading straight to "Klar Labyrinth"[*:23rya3bc]At level 55, HCS gives you a magical present called the Burrow Grub that you can hunt till level 65 if you so wishFor Levels 59-69[*:23rya3bc]I included this level range mostly because of the dramatic shift in the items and the scarcity of level-appropriate creatures[*:23rya3bc]At level 65 I recommend hunting the Shadow Reavers in "Orcan Forest" however, the Burning Bovine in "Feidal Swamps" is another optionFor Level 75[*:23rya3bc]HCS decided to link the level 75 areas with the level 48 area, "Altar Forest West"[*:23rya3bc]The most convenient way to get there is via portal to Taymar Divide
(I recommend either the Gebores Portal -or- Instant portal to the Cathedral of Ways; depending are where you are when you level up)[/url]For Levels 100-134[*:23rya3bc]At level 110, the Full Moon Wolf Pelt is an appropriate, albeit unnecessary, substitute for the Golden Panther Armor[*:23rya3bc]The remaining levels can be found in a similar post located in the Items Forum

#7 fs_biohazardx

fs_biohazardx
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 23:31

nice work hun :)

#8 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:49

thanks, I decided I'd share this one with the general community
with the advent of D750 and the Emissaries set, it seemed like a good time to update DAs guide

#9 vtpitbull

vtpitbull

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:52

Isn't FF and perfect an absolute waste at lower levels.

#10 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:31

I don't recommend forging or crafting any of these items
Rather, you can purchase many of them already forged and crafted for very cheap in the Auction House
(I was tempted to list the current prices of these items but I felt bad for all of the players that wasted their money on other, more expensive, sets that only last a few levels)

Looking at it from a guild perspective, If I can cover levels 1-134 with only 22 guild store slots ...I'm pretty happy with that

(and a few items will be used in later sets: Lesser Santork Claws... the most expensive item on the list... will be used through level 149; Rune of Decay will also be used through level 149; and the Boots of Almar through level 173)

Your point is well taken though, this guides does not pretend to be the "level 1-134 with the cheapest items possible" guide
Instead, this guide details a list of 22 items that can take you from level 1 to level 134
(without any offensive/defensive skills or the Weaponsmith and Battle Totem structures)

It focuses on the number of items, largely ignoring the price of those items

If we consider the Weaponsmith and Battle Totem structures, we can get rid of the Fire Amulet, Tassodans Rune, Primal Rune, and a few more
If we consider offensive skills, the number of items will shrink even further
That might be a fun exercise, "the absolute least amount of items"
But for this exercise I decided to ignore skills and stat structures

#11 fs_kinkyimp

fs_kinkyimp
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:12

Thanks for the great list Hunyadi!

I've been looking the topic through, and it isnt the cheapest option as you stated already, but if you'd have to say, what would be the estimated value of this?

#12 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2009 - 13:43

At the time of this posting... that is, without shopping around for a good deal:[*:3rczco23]Fire Amulet - 12FSPs[*:3rczco23]Tassodans Rune - 13FSPs[*:3rczco23]Emissaries Armored Grasp (unforged) - 6 FSPs[*:3rczco23]Emissaries Split Visor (unforged) - 7FSPs[*:3rczco23]Emissaries Knot Work Plate (unforged) - 5FSPs[*:3rczco23]Emissaries Death Head Mace - 20 FSPs[*:3rczco23]Reborn Dragon Amulet - 14FSPs[*:3rczco23]Dwarf Quartz Ring - 9FSPs[*:3rczco23]Shield of Girath - 10FSPs (Excellent craft/FF'd)[*:3rczco23]Primal Rune (unforged) - FREE[*:3rczco23]Power Obelisk - 5FSPs[*:3rczco23]Lesser Santork Claws - 50FSPs[*:3rczco23]Helmet of Yeltz - 8FSPs[*:3rczco23]Amulet of Khale - 12FSPs[*:3rczco23]Lesser Reindeer Antlers - 35FSPs[*:3rczco23]Ring of Khale - 9FSPs[*:3rczco23]Boots of Almar - 11 FSPs[*:3rczco23]Rusted Helm of Worzon - 10FSPs[*:3rczco23]Hammer of the Deep - 35FSPs[*:3rczco23]Golden Panther Armor - 14FSPs[*:3rczco23]Battle Shield of Korssak - 5FSPs[*:3rczco23]Rune of Decay - 22FSPsThose are overestimates based on the current AH prices for Buy Now
A better estimate would be under 300FSPs for all of them (250-300 seems very doable)
(if your guild builds and fully upgrades the Battle Totem and Weaponsmith structures you wouldn't need the Fire Amulet or Tassodans Rune)
(also, the Lesser Santork Claws and Rune of Decay last till 149, the Boots of Almar till 173)

#13 emesupr

emesupr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 22:58

Well don't forget, once our done with the items, you will sell it off again.

#14 fs_sharpyzu

fs_sharpyzu
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:25

the problem is, how will a lvl 1 get so much money?

Other than that, good work.

#15 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:22

by joining a guild?
I'm going to revise my assumptions when I re-write this in the item forum to include the weaponsmith and battle totem structures

#16 fs_deciever11

fs_deciever11
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2009 - 20:40

nice guide ( i guess u were trying to make it as a guide) and i am not at all surprised that for the first 134 levels all u need is 25 items

#17 fs_hunyadi

fs_hunyadi
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:40

the problem is, how will a lvl 1 get so much money?

This is another option: http://www.fallenswo...ints&subcmd=buy

#18 fs_khalsa500

fs_khalsa500
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 14:12

Can't find a single thing for the Emissaries set period. Guess I'm stuck?
* not in the auction house anyway. Maybe I should browse around the wiki to see what monsters give them to me...

check your search prefrences.

#19 fs_dikkedwerg

fs_dikkedwerg
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 16:11

Can't find a single thing for the Emissaries set period. Guess I'm stuck?
* not in the auction house anyway. Maybe I should browse around the wiki to see what monsters give them to me...

typing "Emissaries set" as search comment won't work, I think :wink:

#20 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 00:22

Well, I removed all filters from search preferences but I guess there isn't anything up.
Key words I am searching: emissaries, emissary

(I know, silly, that "emissaries set" won't get me any results.) ;)

* so I looked at the wiki and it turns out I have to wait for a legendary event to bring out "Burzzthak the Corrupter" - the only monster that drops the emmissaries equipment. <_<
What works second best, in that case?

Search for "emissaries".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: