16 replies to this topic

#1 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 20:50

After level 185 there are very few ( if any) levels where gear alone makes you accomplish efficient leveling ( = 1-hitting).

So you need to look at different hunting tactics.
Depending on your budget, stamina, ambitions , gear in your backpacks and guild , which buffs you can get free and so forth you will choose between a few different approaches.

Straight kamikaze , A K A "naked suicide" A K A "vikings go to Valhalla"

pack all damage.
Boost with Berserk200-300, casted EW/EA/FURY.
Then add lowest needed CA and correct doubler pot ( preferably dbl750 since you want as few kills as possible).
In this strat you do not want to 2-hit ever since you are using CA so you will want to die rather than 2-hit with the extra stam drain from CA.

No Imp, No FS, LD, SW, Stun , Wither,SA,SK . Only Deathwish.
To protect Xp and gold loss use defiance and deep pockets and send gold away at chunks of 10-30K to a friend.

Benefits: cheap investments. No 2-hitting.
DOwnsides: you will lose a tad XP and gold those 2% rounds you get killed. Extra stam from CA.
Pitfalls: if CA does not give you enough this is doomed . Creatures with Dodge are your worst nightmare.

"Kamikaze deluxe" AKA "credit card cruising"
Same base setup. All damage. Then you fill the gap between unbuffed damage and the 20% from DD with ber and or EW in pot form.

Then you use DeathDealer for damage boost and Imp to protect it.

Benefits: no gold and xp loss. No extra stamdraing from CA
Downsides: lose the Imp and the KS and you are in deep waters. Refilling Imp might be expensive. 2-hit rounds when Imp takes a block.

If you have already used Ber350 and EW1000/1500 and DD does not make you 1-hit then you have to add CA

kamikaze wither
Seen some people do this that level fast.
same setup as straight kamikaze but using fatality pot and the array of 1-hit-chance buffs.
You will die a lot but you will almost never 2-hit.
Bad news for gold this strat.

kamikaze with best pots
All damage setup . No DD . No CA. EW1000/1500 and Ber350.

Probably the worst financially. Was used by some when inferno hammer came out and there were few DD-buffers. Now more or less obsolete.

defense 1-hit

using the strength of Flinch and Constitution250 you find enough damage to 1-hit and enough defense to survive.
Can be done without DD in very few levels ( can be done with CA too)
Very feasible for undeads.

Benefits: saves Imp blocks. Good for your image.
Downsides: none really ( if you compare cost for Flinch to extra Imps on kami+DD) .

defense fatality
for hard levels where kami needs high CA there might be defense fatality option. buffs flinch,consti. Here you add Arterial Strike for more xp in the 2-hit rounds and all the 1-hitting buffs you can muster. My spreadsheets tell me in most the levels I have been a defense setup will 1-hit when Spectral Knight or Shield Strike kicks.

DOwnsides: the most complicated to calculate with as you have 3 stats to look after. Redressing necesssary for each critter.

armor
some say there is armor stat also in this game. I am totally non-aware of that fact and will let those knowing something about that explain.

#2 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 July 2009 - 22:51

a defensive hunting definitely requires wither350 and ew1000 but not before level 300+ im sure at 245 xenix will rock for few levels without wither350, destroyer can replace this defensive xenix setup but not for to long, i think destroyer is old fashion already, even i see many people use destroyer at 350+ CA+DD+Refill Imps as much they can, just because they hate doing math and calculating critters stats every time.

i personally use dagoresh+ursa sword+octo+green spine boots DD+AS from level 350-400 and im just fine 1hitting, but sometimes you have to be careful because some creatures have 3000+ attack and they are just so strong so your defense is not enough you must switch to kamikaze-suicide set

#3 fs_ithangor

fs_ithangor
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 14:42

I am not sure I agree with your complete suicide option.

You say that you would die than have to two hit occasionally, but you are having to use CA. This takes extra stamina and without using DD (which you cant really as you will lose your KS at some point) you will be needing to use a fairly high level of CA. This means that every hit takes more stamina, rather than the occasional 2 hit using DD+IMP.

You can rely on conserve to kick in and save some of those two hits so I am fairly certain that the DD+IMP would use less stamina overall than nearly always having to rely on CA.

#4 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 15:15

a defensive hunting definitely requires wither350 and ew1000 but not before level 300+ im sure at 245 xenix will rock for few levels without wither350, destroyer can replace this defensive xenix setup but not for to long, i think destroyer is old fashion already, even i see many people use destroyer at 350+ CA+DD+Refill Imps as much they can, just because they hate doing math and calculating critters stats every time.

i personally use dagoresh+ursa sword+octo+green spine boots DD+AS from level 350-400 and im just fine 1hitting, but sometimes you have to be careful because some creatures have 3000+ attack and they are just so strong so your defense is not enough you must switch to kamikaze-suicide set

I think you need to rethink your definition of the work "requires" I 2-hit using neither EW 1000 nor wither 350, and do fine.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#5 fs_ithangor

fs_ithangor
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 15:17

I think you need to rethink your definition of the work "requires" I 2-hit using neither EW 1000 nor wither 350, and do fine.

Maybe you do just fine but if you use Wither350 in any 2-hit set up then you will 1 hit 70% of the time which is clearly better.

#6 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 17:22

You say that you would die than have to two hit occasionally, but you are having to use CA. This takes extra stamina and without using DD (which you cant really as you will lose your KS at some point) you will be needing to use a fairly high level of CA. This means that every hit takes more stamina, rather than the occasional 2 hit using DD+IMP.

You can rely on conserve to kick in and save some of those two hits so I am fairly certain that the DD+IMP would use less stamina overall than nearly always having to rely on CA.

I am not saying which hunt strat people should choose at which level. This depends on stamina,buffs and gear available.
Still CA-kami is cheaper investment wise than DD+Imp. A player at level 190 with 1500 stam should probably go CA100 and dblX4 rather than DD+Imp+Dbl750.

#7 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 17:23

you choose to 2-hit with defense. Ekotek tries to 1-hit as much as possible and still pack enough defense. Two totally different approaches.

#8 fs_ithangor

fs_ithangor
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 17:53

I am not saying which hunt strat people should choose at which level. This depends on stamina,buffs and gear available.
Still CA-kami is cheaper investment wise than DD+Imp. A player at level 190 with 1500 stam should probably go CA100 and dblX4 rather than DD+Imp+Dbl750.

But what about the fact that using DD+IMP being more profitable and economic? The buffs cost a bit more, but you make more. With only 1500 stamina, 1 IMP should be enough for a full hunt. Maybe 1500 stamina isn't enough to see the difference but the large majority of players who need to use these set-ups already have at least 2000 stamina. If they dont, they should.

#9 fs_robotussin

fs_robotussin
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 18:04

Pretty good thread. I wish I would have read this when I was level 185. Then again, I doubt I would have understood it back then. I have employed all of the techniques you describe. Some work better than others in general, some of the other ones are only useful on certain levels, but they are very effective.

#10 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 18:29

This thread will help out my guildmates, most of them don't understand why I use defense to hunt rather than armor.

Thank you.

#11 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 July 2009 - 00:09

this definition is perfect and no one can change, but if you wanna use different setup its up to you.. :)

#12 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 00:19

But what about the fact that using DD+IMP being more profitable and economic? The buffs cost a bit more, but you make more. With only 1500 stamina, 1 IMP should be enough for a full hunt. Maybe 1500 stamina isn't enough to see the difference but the large majority of players who need to use these set-ups already have at least 2000 stamina. If they dont, they should.

This depends too. Kami with DD+ imp is always risking refilling the Imp, specially vs critters with Dodge. Also kami with DD+Imp calls for doubler potion ( I would never run DD+Imp full kami with dblX4) . So now it´s 50-70K even more investment and 300 unburned stamina ( or just burn it until Imp dies and stop) . Also on a super-advanced calculation Conserve does save some of the extra stam from CA .

With any investment calculate backwards: how many kills do I need at my level for investment to pay off.

#13 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 July 2009 - 00:20

you choose to 2-hit with defense. Ekotek tries to 1-hit as much as possible and still pack enough defense. Two totally different approaches.

as cele said

a defensive 2hit hunting is a total waste, you cant do 1hit without ew1000 and wither350, even those two buffs cant help always to do 1hit but with some luck by other buffs like DW,SK,SA you can do one hitting about 90% of times and the next 10% 2hit AS buff will get you some extra XP. If you pack enough defense you will miss to much damage so ew1000 will help a bit in attack/damage. As i use dagoresh + steam work + EA + CONSI buff i have enough defense to feel free hunting champs and making groups and hitting elites without changing gear :)

#14 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 13:38

Gearwise most of the gear up to 279

*is quite cheap 185-199 apart from cats shield
* can be shopped at the shops. I see people buying helm of phoal for 25 FSP go to shop instead :shock: :shock:

*most of it is farmable so if your guild does not have either farm and forge or make fund raiser.

for 1 hunter set you get all the 1-hit gear needed apart from hammer. does your guild have 10 hunters sets and no amulet of disspal?? >>kick the armorer!!

#15 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:24

A shame to see so many people not understand basic of hunting. This can help a little bit so its a bump ( better than a lot of old stickies here).

#16 fs_chibibucky

fs_chibibucky
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 19:03

kamikaze deluxe really hasn't been too expensive for me. ive found a buffer (who recently went M.I.A.) casting SSI DD EA and KE for only 2fsp. cast my own stuff (DW EW CON ect.) find a cheap FURY and DC and a 60k LIB200 add BER pots as needed. also get a shockwave if you can find it helps with imp deaths on a miss.

as you mentioned the main benefit is no gold loss. for me its not hard to pull in 400-500k in a hunt to pay for the next hunt even with my small max stam. so you dont really need a credit card(not saying its right or wrong to use. no bite head off) to use this method. sometimes if im lucky i even get a small profit. if im unlucky i take the night off a sell buffs once a week.

also its freakin easy. i mean like real freakin easy. :D

edit: i only used this method over lvl 280.

#17 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 00:59

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana