#1 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2010 - 22:54

This thread is devoted towards set-ups that allow you to 1 hit monsters for leveling. It was designed without epics in mind, because a lot of guilds are not rich. However, in some leveling gaps, I will suggest using epics. Please make suggestions if you feel changes need to be made.

NOTE: These Set-ups are made on the assumption that you are a leveler. Therefore, I assume that your level-up points are going into damage. This note becomes more important as you reach level 180+.

Set-ups for Level 5 to 150

5-20 Emissaries OR 10-20 Raggghzas
20-50 Plague
50-80 Cockatrice + Lesser Santork Hat + Lesser Santork Gloves + Lesser Reindeer Antlers, etc.
60-80 Thonomoth (Good for PVP/GVGing and Offline, but could be used to Level up)
80-115 Deep + Cockatrice, etc. + Possibly Air Javelin
90-115 Deep + Decay (Recommend sticking it out with Deep and *BUY the Rune of Decay*)
2 Possible Set-ups (Number 2 set-up is recommended)
1) 115-140 Shildorah + Kala (Most versatile set in the game - Leveling, PvPing, GvGing, Arena)
NOTE: Tough Leveling Gap (140 to 150)
2) 120-150 Mancrusha + Flaming Baron + Decay Rune + Decay Gloves/Deep Gloves

Set-ups for Level 150 to 235

150-180 Cu Sith + Vexus + Mancrusha Boots + Mancrusha Ring
160-180 Cu Sith + Vexus + Samaels Void Ring + Samaels Void Boots
180-215 Cu Sith + Cursed Samurai + Samaels Void Boots + Banshee Armor. (Best Setup, because SSI is NOT needed with it. Meaning, it would be optional to get SSI through this leveling gap)

NOTE: Tough Leveling Gap (210 to 225)
Level 210 to 225 is a tough leveling gap for MOST levelers, but the Gloves of Tsuraki and Lezhal Set can help you pass it without too much trouble.

216-225 Cursed Samurai + Lezhal + Banshee Armor + Samaels Void Boots + Cu Sith Shield + Gloves of Tsuraki (Best-up)
225-235 Hunter and Kozyu Rune (Forget the Rest of the Set-up, could use some help)

Set-ups for Level 235 to 400+

NOTE: Tough Leveling Gap (270 to 280)
235-280 Hunter + Steep Nojor + Kozyu Rune + Inferno Hammer / Air Javelin
300-350 Destroyer + Sabertooth + Armor of Shoratal + Boots of Hellmoor + Gloves of Servala + Find a High Attack/Damage Rune (could use help with this item)
350-400 Octo Spine + Sabertooth + Xenix Helm + Earth Hammer + Armor of Shoratal + Boots of Hellmoor + Lord Valks War Gauntlets (Sphinx Helm from 380-400+ - could use some help here)
400-? Argus + Octo Spine Shield + Crushing Ring + Earth Hammer + Sphynx Helm

Credit: The leveling guide came from Windbattle and Gutie's collaboration. However, I hope the FS community will come together and make this leveling guide better.

#2 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:00

for 200 -21o i used a differnet setup, not to bad for me, ....lezhal set, inferno hammer, ferals guantlets, Boots of Pelacroz, Witches Catseye Shield, Iron Ring of Fenaz, mopolo armour and banshee helm, at 210 i switched to Helmet of Phoal

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#3 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:12

for 200 -21o i used a differnet setup, not to bad for me, ....lezhal set, inferno hammer, ferals guantlets, Boots of Pelacroz, Witches Catseye Shield, Iron Ring of Fenaz, mopolo armour and banshee helm, at 210 i switched to Helmet of Phoal

That set-up would work, but from 180 to 210, you can use this set-up: Cu Sith + Cursed Samurai + Banshee Armor + Samaels Void Boots without any issues. With your method, you would have buy a lot of gear along the way.

From 210 to 225, all I did was simply get the gloves of Tsuraki + Lezhal Set, and I was good to go. So the set-up to use from 210 to 225 is as follows: Cursed Samurai + Lezhal + Cu Sith Shield + Gloves of Tsuraki + Banshee Armor + Samaels Void Boots

#4 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:14

not bad, i shouldnt have to change now tho... with DD CA and IMP im good to go

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#5 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:15

both set-ups work, however i'm going for the least amount of gear needed to power level with this guide.

#6 ninjawolfy

ninjawolfy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:22

Nice guide. :) i`ll see if I can get a few hits down with it haha (Currently 4 hitting :( )

#7 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:24

Thanks, it is more detailed towards 280+, because I remember it a lot better. I'm currently 404, so I thought I would give back to the community.

I'll be sure to make adjustments, if you guys find better set-ups.

#8 fs_agentmag33

fs_agentmag33
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2010 - 23:49

You forgot about Joining a Guild... LOL! They would provide you gear and such to lessen the cost and the structures will give a very nice boost... i think that your all set from just the guild's structure base 1-5... then start with the very popular emissaries and gazant set

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20-50 Plague?
Plague set is kinda great for the start, but you can always change into the deathspinner set
50-80 Plague Helm + Plague Gloves + Cockatrice???
I find Cocatrice set and lesser santork set would be a much beter set-up... as it provides much beter bonuses
80-115 Deep................?
You can always use Deep and Cocatrice set from there... but i'd say swap around when you can at level100, EPIC items would always help alot :)
160-180 Samaels Void (Can be either Hunting/Offline, Boots is very usable till 215)....
At level150, you can swap into the vexus and cu sith set...
it gives more attack and damage then samaels void, but i don't really know about the offline... IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO BANK YOUR GOLD!

I guess this is the end, can't really chew up Wind any longer as i have not yet tried the other sets.

#9 fs_regnier7

fs_regnier7
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:09

Keep in mind, your set-ups may not work for people with alternative level up point distributions. :D

#10 fs_grantslego

fs_grantslego
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:18

im curious, i use Krimson helm, The Epic Javelin, RORD, Lezhal set, ferals gauntlets, marpolo armor, Pelacroz boots, and catseye shield, i can manage about 3800-3900 damage without buffs, I use DD CA 36, Imp, and DB 500 when i hunt to 1 hit, i plan to use this setup from 210-235. when my Imps die out, i use the Tarbidas set to 2 hit to finish up my hunt.

But, i was curious, is there any way i can get any more damage at my level without needing anymore epics?

#11 fs_regnier7

fs_regnier7
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:32

im curious, i use Krimson helm, The Epic Javelin, RORD, Lezhal set, ferals gauntlets, marpolo armor, Pelacroz boots, and catseye shield, i can manage about 3800-3900 damage without buffs, I use DD CA 36, Imp, and DB 500 when i hunt to 1 hit, i plan to use this setup from 210-235. when my Imps die out, i use the Tarbidas set to 2 hit to finish up my hunt.

But, i was curious, is there any way i can get any more damage at my level without needing anymore epics?

Fully forged and crafted perfect

Averills Armor and, unless you use EW pots, Averills Axe.

the set bonus and fully forged items help the axe beat the Epic weapons.

#12 fs_grantslego

fs_grantslego
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:36

Fully forged and crafted perfect

Averills Armor and, unless you use EW pots, Averills Axe.

the set bonus and fully forged items help the axe beat the Epic weapons.

thanks, unfortunately, i can't afford an averills set, and my guild doesn't own one, any other suggestions anyone?

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:16

You forgot about Joining a Guild... LOL! They would provide you gear and such to lessen the cost and the structures will give a very nice boost... i think that your all set from just the guild's structure base 1-5... then start with the very popular emissaries and gazant set

20-50 Plague?
Plague set is kinda great for the start, but you can always change into the deathspinner set
50-80 Plague Helm + Plague Gloves + Cockatrice???
I find Cocatrice set and lesser santork set would be a much beter set-up... as it provides much beter bonuses
80-115 Deep................?
You can always use Deep and Cocatrice set from there... but i'd say swap around when you can at level100, EPIC items would always help alot :)
160-180 Samaels Void (Can be either Hunting/Offline, Boots is very usable till 215)....
At level150, you can swap into the vexus and cu sith set...
it gives more attack and damage then samaels void, but i don't really know about the offline... IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO BANK YOUR GOLD!

I guess this is the end, can't really chew up Wind any longer as i have not yet tried the other sets.

I like most of your suggestions, but your wrong about the Samaels Void Set. It provides lots of damage and armor with the rune and boots.

#14 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:18

Keep in mind, your set-ups may not work for people with alternative level up point distributions. :D

Your right, I base my advise on an all damage point allocation, i'll make a note, :P

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:28

thanks, unfortunately, i can't afford an averills set, and my guild doesn't own one, any other suggestions anyone?

I guess the point of this thread is to 1 hit while hunting. It seems like you already have a 1 hit set-up. Not sure what your going for?

From 180 to 215, I have one hit set-up that works GREAT, doesn't even need IMP. However, you need to get DD, a low level of CA, and other hunting buffs. At 215 to 225, I changed out 3 pieces and was still able to 1 hit comfortably with minimal buffs (not including SSI).

#16 fs_regnier7

fs_regnier7
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:20

Peoples.... going along with this thread.

Put points in damage if you're mainly a leveler. :lol:

Hunting gets A LOT more interesting with none there and being too stubborn to two hit, CA it, or EW it.

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:51

Regnier7, are you against a Leveling Guide? I would say most players are Levelers, so it stands to reason, that they would put a good chunk of their level up points into damage.

Considering that monster's HP just gets larger and larger with time, it makes a lot of sense to put level up points into damage.

***However, the point of this thread is not about level up points, but about gear set-ups.

#18 fs_regnier7

fs_regnier7
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 14:45

sorry bout that....

anywho, for 150-170, just about. When I use to have points in damage. I used Vexus, Cu Sith, Drake Ring, and Boots of Gemdah for a safe one-hit. Const along would get you past a few more after 160 for that little bit of lacking defense.

That kit also could be used to hunt oggy decently at 150 as well.

If you're willing to use imps, actually -> vexus + Cu Sith + Samaels Void Ring + best damage boots

could get you along into the 180's and further with the right buffs. (imps are getting cheaper, so I lazed through with them. lol)

#19 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 19:01

WindBattle, it's always good to see that other players are sharing knowledge.

Hope this will help you, for level 186+, you setups are not the most sufficient. Feel free to look at our website for setup. You don't need expensive gears. Good luck.

#20 fs_hurmar

fs_hurmar
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:35

You don't need the absolute best gear as long as you have either buffs/relics to cover the drop in stats.

I still find it sad how many players don't understand the importance of buffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: