Photo

Gold theft rates

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

Poll: Should gold theft rates be increased? (165 member(s) have cast votes)

Should gold theft rates be increased?

1. Voted Yes (97 votes [58.79%])

Percentage of vote: 58.79%

2. Voted No (62 votes [37.58%])

Percentage of vote: 37.58%

3. Voted Maybe (6 votes [3.64%])

Percentage of vote: 3.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:38

This has been mentioned in a couple of threads so I'm putting it on its own thread. The gold theft rates in pvp are very low and in fact, they actually used to be higher but were lowered some time ago. Now that every single pvp hit can be bountied, I think the gold theft rates should at least be restored to previous levels, if not raised a bit beyond that. There are plenty of ways to hide gold including AH, marketplace and pvp protection (that's a whole other thread) so the question I'm asking is simple. Should the gold theft rates be increased?

Screenshot everything!

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:28

100% agreed. The min % stolen and max % stolen need to be increased, along with the Master thief enhancement. Even when using Thievery and Master Thief gear @ 100% enhancement, the rates are still low.

#3 fs_j4ckoliver

fs_j4ckoliver
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:36

the people that disagree are the people who dont realize its a pvp game .....

might go and steal some gold for fun now:)

xxxxxx had 533k on them , with a 100 stam attack all i got was 115k....

#4 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:57

This used to be a pvp game, not sure it is one any more. The general trend the developers have been taking is to make pvp less desirable.
I voted "yes" btw.

#5 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 14:18

Count your blessings. I hit a guy with 2.5 million on him and got 300K.

#6 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 14:32

Theft rates do suck, but I don't think the cows ever changed the rate. People used to wear a lot of common and rare items with little enhancements (in other words no protect gold) now almost everyone has that enhancement on and thus the theft rates have been lowered.

Plus gloat now allows you to steal more gold

#7 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 14:33

Count your blessings. I hit a guy with 2.5 million on him and got 300K.

Well with the increase in protect gold activation a while back you're lucky you get anything. And with it breaking and activating with 0 enhancement makes it even worse.

#8 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 14:34

Theft rates do suck, but I don't think the cows ever changed the rate. People used to wear a lot of common and rare items with little enhancements (in other words no protect gold) now almost everyone has that enhancement on and thus the theft rates have been lowered.

Protect gold activates it stops all gold theft. And gloat doesn't do much if anything.

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2012 - 14:37

The protect gold enhancement doesn't lower gold thievery rates. It has a chance to protect ALL gold when defeated in pvp, meaning a player gets 0 gold if it activates.

#10 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 15:45

I thought it was pretty clearly demonstrated that marketplace costs relate more to the LACK of FSPs in the game than to anything with PvP or PvP protection.

Increasing theft rates won't change that.

Marketplace manipulators, if anything, take the edge off the market. If they weren't buying and banking off the top of the market the listings would be even higher as players desperately try to sell off their gold before getting hit. Increase the theft rates and watch players without PvP protection list their gold even higher to try to move it faster.

#11 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 23:24

bumping

Screenshot everything!

#12 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 00:34

I think this need to look for since we have pvp killer "pvp protection"
But I suggest HC's make poll ingame, 50 forum's players votes isn't enough to make decision :)

#13 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:17

If PvP is so dead, then I wouldn't want my PvP Protection.

:roll:

The problem isn't too much gold in-hand. The problem is not enough FSPs out there.

#14 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:47

The problem isn't too much gold in-hand. The problem is not enough FSPs out there.

Not sure where you are coming up with this. Too much gold translates into lots of FSP's available. Furthermore, just look through the AH at the big ticket items and you'll find a lot people that believe there are plenty of fsp's out there just waiting to be spent.

Screenshot everything!

#15 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52

You cannot be pvp'd while under pvp protection, so how do you know pvp is alive and well? Also, does you're experience speak for the entire community?

How do you know there's not enough fsp in the game?

#16 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:12

With the implementation of PvP protection, and the last few batches of PvP nerfings, the moo moos have not killed PvP - but those of us who njoy that aspect of the game, mostly feel we've been put in the corner, sitting on our hands, and no longer able to do what we used to. PvP is not dead true, but it has been put in a stand-down mode, where the term "life support" comes to mind.

On what exactly do you base this statement?
Have you ever bothered to sit down, do a find player search for range 1K+ and see how many sit with gold on hand while under pvp protection, and see how these numbers fit with the amounts of gold listed in the marketplace? Did you ever consider how this affects the price on the marketplace listings?

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#17 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 17:41

Follow the logic: you're upset that so many people are either using PvP protection or simply not playing the PvP game (or left the game altogether-- and lots of threads hitting that chord).

You want to be able to steal more.

What will result?

A. More players turning to PvP Protection.

B. More players leaving the game.

C. More high-offer prices on the market-- effectively inflating the market further.

D. All of the above.

Bring in more players, more FSPs, and more scavenging. Get the FSPs out of the hands of the high-end players holding thousands and thousands of FSPs.

The market deflates every time there's a FSP offer. It also responds nicely when there's critters to scavenge or new gear to be forged up. Theft rates are not the solution.

#18 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 17:46

I have no doubt many players over level 1000 are on PvP protection. It makes sense. PvP protection under level 600 is extremely difficult to earn back. Over 1000 players can hold 10,000,000 gold safely and can (still difficult but doable) possibly earn back their Protection investment. It's smart.

It should also nicely illustrate why PvP isn't as popular or enjoyable as some seem to think.

Increasing theft rates is HIGHLY unlikely to make PvP more popular.

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 August 2012 - 19:22

I have no doubt many players over level 1000 are on PvP protection. It makes sense. PvP protection under level 600 is extremely difficult to earn back. Over 1000 players can hold 10,000,000 gold safely and can (still difficult but doable) possibly earn back their Protection investment. It's smart.

So manipulating the market place risk free of pvp, is smart?

It should also nicely illustrate why PvP isn't as popular or enjoyable as some seem to think.

Increasing theft rates is HIGHLY unlikely to make PvP more popular.

PvP isn't popular to some because they have grown too attached to their gold, levels and xp. It's a GAME. To others it's popular because its fun , challenging, great way of meeting players, and sometimes a great way to earn some gold and fsp

How do you know increasing the gold stealing rates won't increase pvp activity and it's popularity? Considering pvp is mostly about stealing gold, a higher % gold stolen could possibly mean more players dabbling in that aspect of the game.Or am I wrong in thinking so?

#20 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 22:09

I don't PVP and I voted YES in the poll.

If the gold rates are increased, a player may only get attacked once for gold and loose a small amount of XP and maybe 30 to 40% (depending on how much the rate is increased) of gold. As it is now, a PVPer needs to attack the same person more than once to gain a satisfying amount of gold (30 to 40%) and the defender will loose at least twice the amount of XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: