#21 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:18

One question and one comment spring to mind ...

1. There's no extra bonuses from these relics so is it just "bragging rights" and/or "let's tinkle off other guilds" ?

2. Increasing the limits of relics being able to be captured just reduces the available pool for new / small guilds who can't compete with the big boys. At the moment, there's plenty of relics that aren't as attractive as others, and these tend to go to those guilds, but increasing the number / guild ? - they start to look attractive too once it stops being a relic for it's stats purposes and becomes a relic for "hey, we've got 7 now" , "hey, we've got 8 now" ...

So, with those two points in mind, I'm gonna say no.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#22 Lindalou

Lindalou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:18

There are more presing things to be worked on than upping the relic limit so a handful of guilds with EOC players can hoard relics. Lets be blunt and point out how a couple level 1600 player or so can deny a guild with no players over 1000 any shot of taking the relic as it is now.

Also any increase to thw limit would be LIKELY, though not certainly so... paired with capping the bonus reduction for having relics as well, otherwise the update would make very little sense to be bothered with... or other relic related mechincs would be tweaked to make there a reason for any guild to bother trying to hold more than the limit without changing the penalty for holding that many relics anyhow. As Dulcharn noted, there really isn't a NEED for doing this at all to be honest, save to sate curiosity and genuine enjoyment you and maybe a couple others have in relic taking/holding.

Given the changes made to empowering relics back in the day, having relics has reverted more to merely boosting stats rather than a risk/reward type scenario... IMO relics shoudl go back to the level based empowering... OR xp/stam based ones should DRASTICALLY cost more to upkeep as empowered given the status than holding one for extended periods of time warrants.

Maybe should be a consequence for losing relics if you are holding 5 or more at that time, to warrant more of a risk/reward mindset.

Anyhow I like the concept of having more relics potentially being able to be held in terms of a interesting game concept... but in doing so you're locking out lower guilds who might be able to TAKE a relic or two, but with the larger guilds able to do so with ease, it would concentrate an even larger portion of telics amongst the guilds with the most (near)EOC players who can stack armor/HP and shrug off any incoming attempts. Not enough relics to warrant 8 imo, let alone 10 given this simple aspect that comes to mind for me.

*but why would higher level players/EOC players want lower level relics to start with, arent the stats on higher level relics better than lower level relics, so why would higher level players even want the lower level relics

or other relic related mechincs would be tweaked to make there a reason for any guild to bother trying to hold more than the limit without changing the penalty for holding that many relics anyhow.  <<< how can a guild hold more than the limit to start with, if the guild is maxed at 5(6) then thats it you cant hold more than that and there is no penalty for holding the limit so there would be nothing to change

*you mention that dory and maybe a couple of others have enjoyment in relic taking, there are alot more then just a couple

*and the relics with xp/stam based as you stated should drastically cost more to upkeep however those kind of relics are obviously leveling relics and if they would cost more for the upkeep then what happens to the leveler, does the tax rate go up?

*and how does holding 5 or more relics result in a consequence of a penalty if you lose one ? then the cost should be less to upgrade for relics of 50 fsp for each relic to be taken and we all know the cows prob wont agree with that, therefore there would be no consequences, no penalty, because it just goes back to what dory said earlier -- the cows put the relics there for the taking, they dont belong to any of the guilds, they all belong to HCS .........

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:23

*but why would higher level players/EOC players want lower level relics to start with, arent the stats on higher level relics better than lower level relics, so why would higher level players even want the lower level relics

I've just checked the relics and of the first 10 in the game (and therefore the lowest levels), 5 are held by top 10 guilds ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:26

I've just checked the relics and of the first 10 in the game (and therefore the lowest levels), 5 are held by top 10 guilds ...

That kinda sucks.

Cheers.

wil72

#25 Lindalou

Lindalou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:33

well that prove my theory wrong, thanks for that anyhow,  so what can i say to that then, the higher level players/guilds obviously forgot where they come from once  .......

#26 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:45

An interesting thought for relics would / could be :-

(forgive how basic this is, it's just come to me so hasn't been refined in any way)

Guilds are all given an "average" level (includes retired / inactive players) - so, 100 players, 50 of L500 and 50 of L1K, the "average level" would be L750.

Relics are all given a "Map Level +100" flag. Let's assume we're talking about "The Blue Chasm" here. It's on a Level 1 map. That gives it a "flag" of 101. This would mean that guilds with an average player level of 101 or above can't capture this relic.

Working with "Castle of the Sorceress". It's on a Level 508 map - therefore, it's "flag" is 608. Guilds with an average player level of 608 or higher can't capture the relic.

The numbers can be worked on, as can the determining factors for the guild "flag", but personally, I think this is an interesting mix-up for relics and helps spread them out a bit more too.

#27 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:51

well that prove my theory wrong, thanks for that anyhow,  so what can i say to that then, the higher level players/guilds obviously forgot where they come from once  .......

Comparing the first 10 relics (lowest level) and the last 10 relics (highest levels)

The first 10 relics have better stats than the last 10. The first 10 have lots of xp gain, stam gain, stamina, gold gain, etc. The last 10 only have +1% this stat and +20 for this enhancement. 

Which area would you rather take a relic from?

#28 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:52

(forgive how basic this is, it's just come to me so hasn't been refined in any way)

Guilds are all given an "average" level (includes retired / inactive players) - so, 100 players, 50 of L500 and 50 of L1K, the "average level" would be L750.

Relics are all given a "Map Level +100" flag. Let's assume we're talking about "The Blue Chasm" here. It's on a Level 1 map. That gives it a "flag" of 101. This would mean that guilds with an average player level of 101 or above can't capture this relic.

Working with "Castle of the Sorceress". It's on a Level 508 map - therefore, it's "flag" is 608. Guilds with an average player level of 608 or higher can't capture the relic.

The numbers can be worked on, as can the determining factors for the guild "flag", but personally, I think this is an interesting mix-up for relics and helps spread them out a bit more too.

Interesting idea.  Here's my thing.  A guild with lets say me and 19 level 50's has a average level of 100.  I can grab any relic then, and with my stats alone I can grab just about every relic out there minus the despair crystal. (unless I get buffed up a good deal) 

#29 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:53

Comparing the first 10 relics (lowest level) and the last 10 relics (highest levels)

The first 10 relics have better stats than the last 10. The first 10 have lots of xp gain, stam gain, stamina, gold gain, etc. The last 10 only have +1% this stat and +20 for this enhancement. 

Which area would you rather take a relic from?

This bothers me so much.  I think we need the lower level relics to have crappy stats!  I guess you can have something like the Udan Sun Orb at level 1, then another good relic at level 500, then 1000, and so on.  The despair crystal deserves to be the highest leveled relic available.  The lower level relics should have 5% in 1 stat and 1 stat only when empowered. 

#30 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:55

Interesting idea.  Here's my thing.  A guild with lets say me and 19 level 50's has a average level of 100.  I can grab any relic then, and with my stats alone I can grab just about every relic out there minus the despair crystal. (unless I get buffed up a good deal) 

Why would you need to be buffed up a good deal? I'm guessing you are referring to FFS defending it, but if we were going off of Pardoux's idea, which you have implied in that post, then FFS wouldn't be able to capture that relic.

#31 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:55

One question and one comment spring to mind ...

1. There's no extra bonuses from these relics so is it just "bragging rights" and/or "let's tinkle off other guilds" ?

2. Increasing the limits of relics being able to be captured just reduces the available pool for new / small guilds who can't compete with the big boys. At the moment, there's plenty of relics that aren't as attractive as others, and these tend to go to those guilds, but increasing the number / guild ? - they start to look attractive too once it stops being a relic for it's stats purposes and becomes a relic for "hey, we've got 7 now" , "hey, we've got 8 now" ...

So, with those two points in mind, I'm gonna say no.

Bragging rights exist in the game.  Just as I like to brag about my relics others like to brag about things such as how many bounties they have completed or how many super elites they kill, and they show that with their medals.  Why have medals if its only for bragging rights? 

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:56

With every idea in the game, there's someone / someway of exploiting it - look at all the RP farming guilds that cropped up for instance. Yes, that would work but ..

1. You'd have to create said guild (so, a fair bit of expense there)

2. Recruit 19 level 50's that never levelled up - that might seem a tad suspicious, don't you think ;)

#33 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:57

This bothers me so much.  I think we need the lower level relics to have crappy stats!  I guess you can have something like the Udan Sun Orb at level 1, then another good relic at level 500, then 1000, and so on.  The despair crystal deserves to be the highest leveled relic available.  The lower level relics should have 5% in 1 stat and 1 stat only when empowered. 

My guess is so that just about everyone can fight over the higher powered relics and to show that this game isn't favoring the higher levels.

#34 Lindalou

Lindalou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:58

Interesting concept, so the programmers would need to calculate where he guild stands and by the looks of this, it looks more like GvG hitting ranges but for relics

#35 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:58

Hmmm, high stats for low level relics. Maybe they were meant to help low level Guilds initially.

Cheers.

wil72

#36 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:59

Why would you need to be buffed up a good deal? I'm guessing you are referring to FFS defending it, but if we were going off of Pardoux's idea, which you have implied in that post, then FFS wouldn't be able to capture that relic.

I am referring to FFS defending it which makes me need to buff up a good deal.  Here's a problem for me though, lets go back to me and the level 50s.  I go and wear a relic defense setup at level 1050 on the Udan Sun Orb which would be a level 1 relic with its Attack, Stam Gain, and Gold Gain. (i forget the enhancements)  I can pull some major stats to defend said relic as a lead defender with which would make it unfair for the guilds that are level 100 on Pardoux's example. 

#37 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:59

as an aside, for my idea to be more viable, some of the relics would need stats reworking. It IS nuts that the Blue Chasm has the best stats in-game (or pretty much so). 

#38 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 23:01

Hmmm, high stats for low level relics. Maybe they were meant to help low level Guilds.

Cheers.

wil72

I can't believe they would think the relics would stick around for the lower leveled guilds tbh.  The best relics in the game are held by the best guilds in the game on a regular basis (that have defense on it)

#39 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 23:02

I am referring to FFS defending it which makes me need to buff up a good deal.  Here's a problem for me though, lets go back to me and the level 50s.  I go and wear a relic defense setup at level 1050 on the Udan Sun Orb which would be a level 1 relic with its Attack, Stam Gain, and Gold Gain. (i forget the enhancements)  I can pull some major stats to defend said relic as a lead defender with which would make it unfair for the guilds that are level 100 on Pardoux's example. 

I did say that my idea was very basic and not refined. Maybe, in addition to the average level of the players in the guild, the level of the highest level could be factored in too somehow. So, your average guild level of 100 (with you and 19 Level 50's) is now much higher ...

Maybe the guild level flag now becomes (Average Player Level + Highest Level Player Level) / 2 - that takes your example from Level 100 and bumps it all the way up to 550 ...

#40 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 23:02

Again, how would FFS be able to defend that relic if they cannot capture it? Still using Pardoux's idea. Their average level is in the 1000s right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: