26 replies to this topic

#1 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 15:09

Would be a great Mentor tool if in preferences, or just automatically when choosing to be a Mentor, if we could get a New Player List box on the right hand side with the same structure as Guild Info Member and Ally List - with the Buff, Message, and Send buttons.. Hover over information.. and a Quick Buff Selected at the bottom of it..

Could have a preference for the amount of new players it lists- 5, 10, 15, etc.. 

I would go as far as to suggest this New Player List box to be automatic with your Mentor status and you can't take it down until you take yourself off the Mentor list.. yes, a hassle for when you want to get rid of all the side bar gadgets but would make Mentors aware of allll the new players joining the game constantly. 

Edited by RebornJedi, 07 October 2013 - 19:29.

#2 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2013 - 16:21

Good idea!

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 22:36

hoof! make this real!!

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 16:08

Got something even better (I think!) that we've been working on. I think one thing the game is really missing is a way to chat easily to other players. We've been working on a chat section which will also work on the world map page (note you'll be able to turn this off in preferences too).

This will also have notifications when people log in and join the game etc. so I think it will help build the game community and also allow new players to ask questions and get help with the game much easier and quicker :)

#5 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 August 2013 - 18:12

Got something even better (I think!) that we've been working on. I think one thing the game is really missing is a way to chat easily to other players. We've been working on a chat section which will also work on the world map page (note you'll be able to turn this off in preferences too).

This will also have notifications when people log in and join the game etc. so I think it will help build the game community and also allow new players to ask questions and get help with the game much easier and quicker :)

Great idea as long as you dont make it like the sigma chat(Area only)

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 18:48

Making it appear in the World would make sure new players use it too or at least be curious.. i don't know about notifications when people log in, but when they join the game would be even better for starting Erildathians and mentors :D

The reason why i'd like that New Player List on the right hand side is to keep up to date on the new players joining the game when i visit any part of the FS. Fast buffing and information gathering, like how the Ally/Guild side lists work would be even better.

Toss in the update the Quick Buff Menu needs and myself among others(because of efficiency due to these additional features) can make sure new players are taken well care off when they first join the game.. 

Plus side thought... how easy would it be to add in a feature that grabs 'stamina % of max stamina' when we search for players. example: if i click the Find Player without putting in any specific options or figures, it will show me a recent list of those logging on.. could just get rid of the PvP Rating because its pretty useless information when using the Find Player feature. INSTEAD put in the stamina % of max stamina for every player.. i suggest the % because say if player has a billion max stamina and almost a billion current stamina, it'll mess up the listing of all the other players below/above. a % would be a cleaner fetch and listing. 

^this would allow those looking to help support the community by seeing who's almost ready to burn their stamina.. could ask them if they need buffs, potions, or help with anything.

OR just add in the information of current/max stamina in a hover over *shrugs* whatever would be smoother for the server and page load

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 August 2013 - 18:51

There will be notifications when accounts are created and when people log in... inside the community-wide chat?  Remember what IRC looks like when it's very busy?

Player1 has signed on

Player2 has signed on

Player3 has signed off

Player1: Hey guys what's up?

Player2 has signed off

Player4: Not much here.

Player5 has signed on.

You get the idea... Now multiply it by oh say 900 players online at once.  :blink:

I'm all for being able to communicate better, but part of better communication means actually being able to talk to people and read responses before they fall off the top of the page.  :lol:

Also, if you do put it on the world screen, make sure you put in a preference to turn it off as soon as it's available (rather than "We'll put in an option to disable it next week."). Many people, including myself, do not want to be bothered with anything when hunting, and a community-wide real-time chat box would be a nightmare.

I can see the community-wide chat getting taken over by nonsense, and then new players would not be able to get help efficiently, if at all. So I have a suggestion, and that is to have a free-for-all chat, and then have a separate one for new players and mentors. The only players who would be able to access that chat would be players under a certain level and players who have marked themselves as mentors.

Along the same lines as community chat, when can we get some improvement to our Guild Chat? For starters, the line where you type your message is so short! So many times I have to pull up a notepad to type a long message, just so that I can compose my thoughts properly, since the small box on the guild chat page doesn't let you see but a few words you've written (unless you want to arrow over backwards through the whole thing, but I prefer to be able to glance back up at something I've written, and then continue writing). Also, the notification at the top telling you that your message has been sent is really annoying. I know I sent a message; I can see it right there on the top. And then if I want to get rid of it (as I do, because I keep guild chat open, and refresh for new message), I have to remove the "&m=1&chat_type=0" from the URL, and reload the page. If we're going to keep a "message sent" notification, can it be changed to be like the Auction House message when you place a bid? It stays there for a moment, then goes away.

Thanks for the game improvements. :)

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 00:18

First off, I just want to say that I'm completely against world chats mainly because I've never had a good experience with them. Main reason: spammers. This chat will need to be watched for that and hopefully any abusers are dealt with quickly.

I do like the fact that there will be a switch to turn it off and on.

Side note: I suggest that an ignore button, much like in the log messages to be able to personally block those spammers, is added to the world chat.

#9 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 00:34

Hoof, maybe you can create a "world chat' tab where it'll pop-up just like "send Message' window appears?

Or even better, open on a new tab, to keep the chat open between you are navigating on the game....I think everyone will enjoy this.

PS: Should keep the world chat on World, but the option to open on a new tab will great.

#10 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 16:20

Would be a great Mentor tool if in preferences, or just automatically when choosing to be a Mentor, if we could get a New Player List box on the right hand side with the same structure as Guild Info Member and Ally List - with the Buff, Message, and Send buttons.. Hover over information.. and a Quick Buff Selected at the bottom of it..

Could have a preference for the amount of new players it lists- 5, 10, 15, etc.. 

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 23:07

force bump

#12 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:15

Good idea!

i agree 100% also can mentors have a message when a new player joins and have it be toggable in preferences

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#13 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 September 2013 - 14:15

guys ive been helping alot of new players and i was just wonderingwill i get karma because im not lvl 200+?

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

#14 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 September 2013 - 14:49

guys ive been helping alot of new players and i was just wonderingwill i get karma because im not lvl 200+?

karma hasn't been implemented yet.

#15 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 September 2013 - 16:01

karma hasn't been implemented yet.

im fully aware of that

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

#16 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 16:18

Only Mentors can gain Karma and you have to be 200+ to toggle yourself as a Mentor..

Thats what the Mentor description says now. The Mentor aspect was introduced sometime last year maybe even the year before.. so who knows how Karma is going to work when they finally introduced that part of it. they might change up Mentoring a bit too but only time will tell.. 

#17 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 19:57

BUUUUUUUMMMMMP!

#18 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 20:53

Chat is working good with this but to the OP

I would not like that and much less if I was required to have it as part of being a mentor. I think if anyone wanted to stalk new players the find player list works great.

But if it was a preference that I could remove id be ok with it I just dont like clutter on my sidebars, would be pretty cool to those who wanted it,,, just not me, my right hand bar is dedicated to allys and guildmates.

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:29

forced requirement for mentors would be rough... took it out of the OP

#20 Dark Developer

Dark Developer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:32

I'd like to be able to create a chat room and invite people to it or join a guild chat as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: