Photo

Some useless Skills review. Perhaps its not that hard to tune them a bit.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2013 - 13:13

1. Ignite - instant cast 150% sDPS. Much usless.  When combined with a row of Fireballs makes that row less effetive due to time taking "skill switch". Thus 10 FB do more damage per sec than 9 combined with Ignite.

Suggestion: add autoboiling point apply on target, - we all know that BP is quite useless as well. Combining these would add some little effectiveness.

As for BP itself it lacks some bonuses that other classes DOTs have. Lowering armor, spell defence, or adding crit for some skills would perhaps make it reasonable to put some talnt poits in.

2. Engulf... well... IMHO the only use of it is to cast one on a Tank, but didnt see many people doing that - not a time being hohest :)

3.Ancestral spirit... Man... that sucks :)  12,5% spell healing per second to 1 target. The only use of it i found was in solo temple runs with some builds. It could be useful affecting all allies with at least 20% heal per second.

4. Propfecy -18% mana regen with full light gear and full points in it. Well if we count that to absolute numbers it would give some +2 mana per second in combatfor a char with serious mana pool. Due to costs of healing ranging from 150 to 200 these +2 are kind of...... lets say not much help :)

5. Rejuvenate - never use it as heal lately due to it is a waste of time and great loss in healing per second in any case, whetrer  Templar Only aggro of full party aggro. 

6. Radiance - 150% sDPS + stun... one could use it running away or even trying multiple mobs in light gear... but 60 secs cooldown makes that idea pointless.

PS add some more guys, and let it be just moaning, not a discussion :D

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#2 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2013 - 13:21

1. Ignite - instant cast 150% sDPS. Much usless.  When combined with a row of Fireballs makes that row less effetive due to time taking "skill switch". Thus 10 FB do more damage per sec than 9 combined with Ignite.

Suggestion: add autoboiling point apply on target, - we all know that BP is quite useless as well. Combining these would add some little effectiveness.

As for BP itself it lacks some bonuses that other classes DOTs have. Lowering armor, spell defence, or adding crit for some skills would perhaps make it reasonable to put some talnt poits in.

2. Engulf... well... IMHO the only use of it is to cast one on a Tank, but didnt see many people doing that - not a time being hohest :)

1. Agreed

2. Engulf can only be cast on yourself or a mob.  It is not castable on other players.  Whether this is a bug or by design, I don't know,  however if I could cast it on a tank I would do it all the time lol.  I do use it all the time however when mowing through groups of mobs.  It's pretty awesome damage (in my opinion...I may be using it wrong lol).

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#3 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2013 - 13:34

1. Agreed

2. Engulf can only be cast on yourself or a mob.  It is not castable on other players.  Whether this is a bug or by design, I don't know,  however if I could cast it on a tank I would do it all the time lol.  I do use it all the time however when mowing through groups of mobs.  It's pretty awesome damage (in my opinion...I may be using it wrong lol).

We both know that it is not a great idea casting it on self being a mage due to some low defences :D I tried using it on some groups of mobs, but it works well in low lvl dungeons when you do not risk much attracting 2-3 of them. Any newbie tank that does not pay attention to Implate\taunt\empaty will surely cause a mages death with engulf on in same LVL dungeon.

Some more skills:

7. Beacon of light + 20% maga regen after crit. heal. - Same as for Prophecy gives around +2 mana per second in combat while spells take around 140-160 per second in a full party heals output.  Tried both of them even together - still used as many Staminas as i always use in dungeons being a healer.

8. Jolt. Jolt seems to be the only way to cause just some damage for Templar. Still its cooldown makes it a rarely used aggro skill. Warrior has a good damage output with Jolt thus the skills cooldow shouldnt be lowerd to prevent some high damage abuse - still templars talent could be tuned to decrease jolts cooldown by some 25 secs, thus with some 30%-45 (max) haste it could be used once per 2-3 seconds. Some 30% jolt damage increase would balance templars PVE a bit and make more interactive.

9. Miasma, - well tried to use it is some Boss encounters as well as just for fun or even to get the opportunity to become supercool getting that +10 spell power for 10 secs... well... It is surely a good idea for pvp, but its mechanics are lets say making it not much effective and useful. Perhaps if there was a possibility to stick it to right mouse button\middle button one could probably use it. Didnt see any mage using it. Same goes for Ranger teleporting skill.

10. Summoned Pets... the was much said about pets already. NO 35 ranger use it, just a few mages do, mostly for fun i guess.

11. Blood Siphon (assasin) well... lets presume one has 1000 dps having all in meele + gems,  5 stacks of lacerate (i do not count that +15% on lacerate damage throwing weapon eqquipped skill) or even if i do 250*1,15= 287,5 

so you get 10% ofthat every 4 ticks (25% chance)

28,7 per 4 seconds

7,17 HP per second

Well... i wouldnt spend 4 talent points on that )

12. Feel no Pain +30% damage when health below 25%... any volunteers? :D

13. Endurance +20% mana regen - same as previous regen talents +1.5 mana per second in combat for assasin mana pool.

14. Anatomy - rupture and lacerate slow target for 10%. No point - its melee range. No one would hit a mob with 10% slow to run away from it. There are Frosen spires and at least a frostbite for some extravagant situations.

15. Bloodlink (ranger) 3% lifesteal 60 hp with superpowered 2000 damage shot. Still costs 3 talent points.

IGN

#4 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2013 - 16:39

Actually my mage is built that engulf is a huge burst of DPS and causes no extra "threat" to me.  Even in a group and the tank can't get aggro on them, I'm still able to completely kite my mobs around without ever being in danger.  I can engulf one mob and kite as many around as there are.

But...engulf may very well be a poor talent to have with other mage builds...for mine it's wonderful (as long as I remember to cast it lol).

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#5 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:24

8. Jolt. Jolt seems to be the only way to cause just some damage for Templar. Still its cooldown makes it a rarely used aggro skill. Warrior has a good damage output with Jolt thus the skills cooldow shouldnt be lowerd to prevent some high damage abuse - still templars talent could be tuned to decrease jolts cooldown by some 25 secs, thus with some 30%-45 (max) haste it could be used once per 2-3 seconds. Some 30% jolt damage increase would balance templars PVE a bit and make more interactive.

11. Blood Siphon (assasin) well... lets presume one has 1000 dps having all in meele + gems,  5 stacks of lacerate (i do not count that +15% on lacerate damage throwing weapon eqquipped skill) or even if i do 250*1,15= 287,5 

so you get 10% ofthat every 4 ticks (25% chance)

28,7 per 4 seconds

7,17 HP per second

Well... i wouldnt spend 4 talent points on that )

12. Feel no Pain +30% damage when health below 25%... any volunteers? :D

13. Endurance +20% mana regen - same as previous regen talents +1.5 mana per second in combat for assasin mana pool.

14. Anatomy - rupture and lacerate slow target for 10%. No point - its melee range. No one would hit a mob with 10% slow to run away from it. There are Frosen spires and at least a frostbite for some extravagant situations.

all those hp/mana regeneration talents seems to be funnly low for assasin while in combat.

i would focus more on spending some points in templars talent tree on bloodbath talents (1st & 2nd lvl) where you can have 15% of bloodbath dmg done going to hp regen. nowadays when bloodbath cooldown was reduced to 4 seconds i see there huge self-healing potential.

re: 12 - feel no pain - i had it maxed before while pure assasin build in medium armour and high focus

that times my hp were falling close to 0 pretty often and having +30% dmg was helping a lot.

and jolt could have cooldown decreased for sure

style5,Majjer.png

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:53

Bickering posts removed. Please keep this civil.

#7 Lokoss

Lokoss

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:00

I dont agree about ignite being useless. is a great skill if you know how to kite.

Lokiza 

#8 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:22

I dont agree about ignite being useless. is a great skill if you know how to kite.

Perhaps paying some attention to post DATE and content, would help.

IGN

#9 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:30

Perhaps paying some attention to post DATE and content, would help.

It's only been 4 days since BigGrim's post. I'd say it's still a fairly recent thread. :)

As for content, they're responding to something you stated in your first post. That you feel Ignite is useless.

Don't be so quick to admonish those who are trying to contribute. :(

#10 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:34

Don't be so quick to admonish those who are trying to contribute. :(

Arent all these contributing people are at least to understand what they talk of and study the subject before starting any talks? :blink: Post is representing the sutuation before update when Ignite had 150% DPS. Also its uselessness WAS explained.

PS Dont want myself to be considersd insulting once again, but sometimes i feel being member of some girlie hand-made forum :D

PS. Kindly ask administration to close this topic being out-of-date. Not much of if was considered anyway.

IGN

#11 Lokoss

Lokoss

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:55

Arent all these contributing people are at least to understand what they talk of and study the subject before starting any talks? :blink: Post is representing the sutuation before update when Ignite had 150% DPS. Also its uselessness WAS explained.

PS Dont want myself to be considersd insulting once again, but sometimes i feel being member of some girlie hand-made forum :D

PS. Kindly ask administration to close this topic being out-of-date. Not much of if was considered anyway.

Yes my info about skill was outdated. But even at 150 dps a Instant cast skill is never useless.

About  this topic you are mistaken  when you say is not considered. how do you think dps was incresed?.

Ps. i end up digging  graves fallowing  your post here http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58622

Lokiza 

#12 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:59

So, here's what you initially wrote, in it's entirety:

Arent all these contributing people are at least to understand what they talk of and study the subject before staring any talks? ;)

There is so much wrong with this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how much reading has been done. It's not obvious that Ignite has changed since you posted it. Had you politely pointed that out, it would have been far more appropriate.

You then edited your post to make it seem more light-hearted without leaving a legend. You tell us not to see this as insulting other members, but you were clearly giving Lokoss a backhanded insult which I have seen you do many times before. This will no longer be tolerated. Please read our forum rules, but I'll quote this passage for you in case you miss it.

"No flaming or trolling
Don't post insults or attacks and don't intentionally try to annoy your fellow forum users. You can discuss, you can argue but don't make it personal or offensive."

The rest can be found here. Please take the time to read them: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=56179

PS. Several of your friendly neighbourhood devs are women. "girlie hand-made forum" with a big grin afterwards may not have been the best choice of phrasing to use right there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: