hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 19 December 2013 - 17:03

Improved bronze throwing weopen has 166 melee dps rating but actually it increases very little -  just 17 dps  :( . I thought my duel wealding as an assassin should be the problem , even equipping the weopen with 2 hand sword has same effect .

Attached Thumbnails

• with throw.png
  • without throw.png

Edited by hussey, 19 December 2013 - 17:08.

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#2 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 17:07

Throwing weapons are strange. They say they do Melee DPS, but in fact they contribute to Ranged DPS(you can test this by checking your ranged DPS numbers with it equipped/unequipped.

This happens because all ranged attacks do either Ranged DPS or Spell DPS depending on weapon(look at your Basic Ranged Attack tooltip).

The small increase in Melee DPS you get from having a Throwing Weapon equipped is from the +Melee stat on the throwing weapon. Throwing Weapons do not contribute to Melee DPS like equipped Melee weapons do.

The main reasons to have a Throwing Weapon equipped are to use Jolt(which is a ranged skill that calculates off Melee DPS and requires a throwing weapon) or to gain the benefit from several talents that require an equipped Throwing Weapon(Steadfast, for instance).

#3 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 17:10

Improved bronze throwing weopen has 166 melee dps rating but actually it increases very little -  10 to 20 . I thought my duel wealding as an assassin should be the problem , even equipping the weopen with 2 hand sword has same effect .

It only does that melee dps if you are using your ranged attack so it won't affect your melee dps on that page.  The ~15 dps you see is from the +12 melee that is on that weapon.

#4 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 19 December 2013 - 17:12

Oh ok . Thanks living and huhbum

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#5 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 17:13

Brought this up back in April, but it was never addressed.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: