Photo

Development Update January 2014!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#1 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 17:44

Hey Eldevians! (yes I just made that up!)

So here we are in an exciting new year for Eldevin. We've a lot planned for 2014 so I thought you'd like to know what we are all working on here and whats coming in the near future. Within the Eldevin Development Team we have a few groups of people working together. 

Programmers

The coders are working hard to bring you WASD movement, which we have working (alpha) on an internal build on the game. They are also working on a downloadable client for people with browser issues, which is progressing well. Finally, they are focused on creating a hardware renderer for better graphical and gameplay performance.

Eldevin Downloadable WIP.jpg

Artists

We've got some the artist finalizing quest items, rewards and item sets for the level 41-45 update as well as a few outstanding bits and pieces. We are also creating a new large leveling zones for level 49 (Realm of Chaos) and work is continuing on the end game level 50 (Dragon Isle) zone.

Realm of Chaos (work in progress)

Vortex of Chaos WIP.jpg

Content

We're implementing some of the last story quest books for levels 41-45 and writing of all content to 50 has just recently finished. Then we'll be putting the the level 45 arena and the two level 45 dungeons through final balance testing. Once we're happy with these we'll be launching them to the live server in the first content update. This will increase level cap of 45 for both player and skill level, as well as including 2 new dungeons, 5 new large leveling areas.

2 New Sets in 1 new zone:

Sets Preview.jpg

2 New Zones images: 

azraqdesert.jpg

taranukaloading.jpg

The Heavy Skeleton Guard in the Bochdaen Tombs

Heavy Skeleton Guard.jpg

Beyond that we're going to start work on more end-game dailies, more dungeon quests and next month we're planning to start work on our "Fabled Weapons" these are the tier above 'Heroic' and will be the most powerful weapons in the game. They will require you to complete a long epic story quest to obtain.

PvE Balance

We're working towards a big game balance patch. This will be aimed at leveling the playing field between a number of classes. We're also looking to seriously reduce the amount of haste and dodge you gain from your primary attribute (melee / ranged / sorcery). We're also looking at mana costs and cooldowns for all high level abilities (15+) with a view to improving balance of these before we release the new content. We are currently looking at ways of making energy and vitality more valuable. We will be aiming to do this patch sometime next week and everyone's respec cooldown will be reset. 

PvP Balance

Although not exclusive for PvP we are adding a silence immunity to counter the chaining of silences as we do not feel this is a 'fun' mechanic. We're also once again improving the 'reinforcement buff' granted to lower level players in PvP and we're adding a global reduction to damage and healing in PvP realms.

Fun!

One thing we've been looking at is fun! We want the game to be fun, we want combat to be more fun, with that in mind we're planning on adding new random stats and gems that can create cool / interesting effects when you attack or take damage. These would be gemmable (rare drops from World Bosses) or on random items gained throughout the world.

An example of this would be :

• 5% chance to strike your target with a lightning bolt when attacking for 25% dps.

Experience

We're also slightly increasing crafting and quest experience at the lowest levels but you might see some minor increases at higher levels too.

Leaderboards / High scores

This is something we're very keen to have on the website in the near future. We'll be looking at this in the coming weeks.

Feedback

So feel free to give your feedback, we're always listening on the forums and we appreciate your support as Eldevin continues on its journey!

~The Eldevin Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 Nature

Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 17:54

Always good to hear about new updates. keep it up!

Think... Think hard! Everything you do has an opposite reaction.

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 17:59

Sounds good!!

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 Squeeps

Squeeps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:14

An example of this would be :
  • 5% chance to strike your target with a lightning bolt when attacking for 25% dps.

Great idea!

Visit my shop and level 40 tailoring service: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=61906

#5 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:24

Beyond that we're going to start work on more end-game dailies, more dungeon quests and next month we're planning to start work on our "Fabled Weapons" these are the tier above 'Heroic' and will be the most powerful weapons in the game. They will require you to complete a long epic story quest to obtain.

Gimme!!! :D

All sounds great, looking forward to it  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#6 Medi3vil

Medi3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:32

after reading this, I can say that I have left with a big smile on my face  :D  :wub:

#7 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:33

This looks great, thanks for the update!

Looking forward to seeing what the balance patch will bring, as well as some of the new gem mechanics. Although I think the change that will benefit the game the most in the long run will be the client/hardware/WASD updates, which I think will make the game infinitely more marketable.

Fingers crossed for Steam, too!

#8 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:39

This is music to my ears! Eldevin is one of the most immersive MMO's i've played in years. Definitely looking forward for the new content!

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#9 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:44

Love it!

Only one thing to add... If you will be gimping haste consider buffing some other stuff so mages can still compete with other DPS classes.

Example: Blazing Arrow lvl 8 instant 125% ranger spell 12 secounds CD VS Erupt lvl 40 instant 100% mage spell 30 secounds cooldown...

Considering the mage spell costs 500g its WAY underwhelming and with your messing with haste we migth get an even longer cooldown...

Let not forget mages dont even have a ranged snare...

Just some food for thought...

#10 Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:45

Amazing  :lol: 
Great job HCS

#11 Pros

Pros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:49

Not Bad!

zv61ht.png

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:50

PvE Balance

seriously reduce the amount of haste and dodge you gain from your primary attribute (melee / ranged / sorcery). We're also looking at mana costs and cooldowns for all high level abilities (15+) with a view to improving balance of these before we release the new content. We are currently looking at ways of making energy and vitality more valuable. We will be aiming to do this patch sometime next week and everyone's respec cooldown will be reset. 

May i ask why is it that balance has to equal slower? people build to stack haste, people build to stack dodge, it is something we worked hard on and you're just taking it away... on top of that adding to mana cost and increasing cooldowns more is rediculouse...  there are ways to balance skills otehr than simply saying ok you cant cast them as often now.....

benediction for example.. the skill in itself was OP hell it still is... adding to its CD did nothing but make it a little harder to spam but those that worked on our toons and built them for what we wanted to do are still able to spam it.. making the CD longer was a poor choice of a fix just as nerfing haste and dodge are....

example of fix for bene REMOVE the +140% healing from the talent...... that cuts its  healing ability by a lot but keeps it a usefull skill. heck you could even drop its standard heal amount a little..  you're starting to take away viable builds to attempt to fix a single flaw...   i wouldn't brag but if you ask most people i'm sure they'll say i'm a fairly decent prophet i have haste stacked to over 80% i worked hard on that. but did it make me OP? i dont think so.. in pvp i go against crit mages they can take me down, rangers, warriors, haven't faced assassins or templars... so it isn't the haste thats the problem it isn't the speed of cast nor is it the dodge thats the problem with assassins its what the skills thatss causing the problems actualy do not how fast you can cast them.

gah i'm going to shut up.... 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#13 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 18:58

Looking good glad i will have the chance to hit max level and be ready for level 40+ content.

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#14 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:01

"Fabled Weapons"

Would that be Legendery Bacon Blade from smity near Arena!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#15 Woe

Woe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:04

Definitely looking forward to the leaderboards!

Edited by Woe, 23 January 2014 - 19:04.

#16 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:17

Hey awollsd,

Unfortunately the game and cooldowns were balanced before we realized how effective haste really could be. The combat system has went through a number of iterations as we tried to improve it and haste will still be available and we'll probably look at adding haste gems so that is a new path players can gem for. However going forward we'd need to either increase all spell cooldowns or look at changing haste. Unfortunately this is something we need to do to have a challenging fun end-game.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#17 Webeg

Webeg

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:23

Hey awollsd,

Unfortunately the game and cooldowns were balanced before we realized how effective haste really could be. The combat system has went through a number of iterations as we tried to improve it and haste will still be available and we'll probably look at adding haste gems so that is a new path players can gem for. However going forward we'd need to either increase all spell cooldowns or look at changing haste. Unfortunately this is something we need to do to have a challenging fun end-game.

As Ive written. Dont forget about the mages if you do this...

#18 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:28

As Ive written. Dont forget about the mages if you do this...

Mages are still a very powerful and versatile class in pvp and pve, you have much more aoe damage compared to rangers, the ability to heal and strong insta-damage dps. I think mages are one of the classes that will least be to worry about during a balance fix since they are so much better than other classes at more than one role.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#19 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:40

Hey awollsd,

yeah i understand balance is a tricky thing to do i've been on your end before (am still there on an online TCG.. sucks tring to keep balance and constantly release new content....  but slowing things down or increasing cooldowns isn't balance.. its just making the OPness not happen as often in a fight.. or forcing people to use specific classes for the party....

i'll use benediction for example as imo its the must unbalanced yet easiest to fix... you can increase its cooldown as much as you like and that will never help it.. lets say you give it a 5 minute cooldown. the skill itself is still OP but ok each caster can only use it once during the battle.. so ok now we're hey lets get 4 in our team.... now we have 40 seconds of continual bene thats still just as OP as it ever was.... 

that example stands true with every OP skill i know you need to change thigns with end game in mind.. but ruining possible builds when the freedom of builds was one of if not THE most apealing factors of this game to MANY players isn't the way to go....

now on to adding haste gems... ok so nerf the stats but add more and easier ways to get haste.. that simply doesn't make sense..  you know how hard and rare it is to find double haste staff and haste essence... that made people have to WORK to get them but now i can just put haste into any weapon.. now all the sudden everyone uses the 40 crafted heroic with 2 haste gems.. so they are getting the huge focus thats on the crafted but not on the rare drop + the haste that was on the rare but not able to be on the crafted (sence crafted was gem slots not random rolls)  so essentialy you're saying you are nerfing it but then making it where you can have the best of both isntead of having to choose...  hhmmmmm

idk i'll give it a chance and see but doesn't make sense to me and while i'll try to keep an open mind i can't help but to be unhappy about this...

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#20 Disco

Disco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 19:43

Very good! :D

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: