• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Perfikt

Perfikt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:11

Take away NPC pots, you take away a gold sink. There's few enough already.

#22 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:13

That's honestly the only way,UNLESS they further buff what crafted potions actually do. I don't think we will be seeing any buffs to existent potions. Also,this will completely devalue any newer potions coming out if they are added to these shops(I hope not) as 41+ should remain solely off of players only.

Take away NPC pots, you take away a gold sink. There's few enough already.

Removing npc pots would make it so people could increase the price of these pots...=bigger gold sink.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#23 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:17

That's honestly the only way,UNLESS they further buff what crafted potions actually do. I don't think we will be seeing any buffs to existent potions. Also,this will completely devalue any newer potions coming out if they are added to these shops(I hope not) as 41+ should remain solely off of players only.

Removing npc pots would make it so people could increase the price of these pots...=bigger gold sink.

i do got an idea though, they simply could maintain the level 40 potions but not add 41-50 npc potions, those would be exlusive to crafters.

Edited by Susej, 02 April 2014 - 16:18.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#24 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:27

i do got an idea though, they simply could maintain the level 40 potions but not add 41-50 npc potions, those would be exlusive to crafters.

I just said that lol

If pots that are like lvl 32+ stay in there,that creates a large imbalance between foraging/alch and all the other skills.
Potions are needed by about 4/6 classes. and have infinite supply due to shops
Cooking isn't required but still most want it for buffs=supply limited from shops mostly to help player sales
prospecting/AS/WS=none shop supplied and is needed for your sets and end tiers
Skinning/LW=none shop supplied and is needed for your sets and end tiers
Forestry=none shop supplied and needed by players for quests
Fishing=removed from shop supply due to fishing needing a value and its requires for quests
Farming/Tailoring=none shop supplied and needed for end tiers and sets
Crystal cutting/JW=none shop supplied and needed for end tiers and (possibly sets ;))
so why is it that foraging and alchemy should receive such a huge loss? because players need more of them? Good remove from the shop so people can actually do end tier gathering and alchemy and be paid decently for their time spent instead of a huge loss.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#25 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:33

Lol you did yes atm at work so got distracted, only had read

"That's honestly the only way,UNLESS they further buff what crafted potions actually do. I don't think we will be seeing any buffs to existent potions."

Then stormed off eheheh

Edited by Susej, 02 April 2014 - 16:36.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#26 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:58

Giving gold to other players for potions is not a sink, that is gold just passing from one player to another.  :D

Please do not remove potion from NPC until we at least have an auction house, I don't want to have to spam chat or be forced to talk to people just to buy potions... thanks. :P

There are players who will never use chat, messaging etc. and with the way World Chat is sometimes I do not blame them... so yeah, if potions are removed from NPC, please do it after AH is added.

Just to add, I can make all my own potions but I am thinking of those that can not. :)

Edited by Mongo, 02 April 2014 - 16:58.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#27 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:09

It's a gold sink for those who refuse to skill :D

due to more people making pots=more people spending on the tonics and such for the potions to be made ;)

Edited by HuMoR, 02 April 2014 - 17:23.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#28 Perfikt

Perfikt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:47

The purpose of a gold sink is to remove the gold from circulation though.

Meh. I have no urge to debate gold sinks. I was just throwing in my two bronze.

#29 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 18:53

The purpose of a gold sink is to remove the gold from circulation though.

Meh. I have no urge to debate gold sinks. I was just throwing in my two bronze.

it will increase the gold sink tbh. All input is acknowledged so I shall accept thee two bronze!

Edited by HuMoR, 02 April 2014 - 18:54.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#30 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 19:30

it will increase the gold sink tbh. All input is acknowledged so I shall accept thee two bronze!

i think so aswell, while not directly but keeping gold circulating will eventualy find a person who actualy needed that gold to spend on something, where as if it sat on the original player he'ld still be hording it.

[edit] and i really dont think it should just be 40+ pots thats not available at shops, i'ld vote for either NON in npc's/shops OR none above lvl 24 at most.

Edited by awollsd, 02 April 2014 - 19:32.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#31 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 April 2014 - 19:33

i think so aswell, while not directly but keeping gold circulating will eventualy find a person who actualy needed that gold to spend on something, where as if it sat on the original player he'ld still be hording it.

with npc potions and shop potions removed=more players making potions=more money spent on tonics=gold sink increasing+more benefits to people making the potions as they would finally get a decision in what they sell their pots for.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#32 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 19:36

with npc potions and shop potions removed=more players making potions=more money spent on tonics=gold sink increasing+more benefits to people making the potions as they would finally get a decision in what they sell their pots for.

yeah that too but i was just replying to the person saying it wouldn't be a gold sink but only a transfer of gold. which in a sense is right, right now bying pots at a npc/shop the gold is gone buying from a player it just changes hands, but the more hands the gold gets transfered between the more gold is devided/spent

so that + what you point out here deffenently help in the gold sink department

Edited by awollsd, 02 April 2014 - 19:38.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#33 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 19:57

Sir I dear say you act like 1-40 foraging is as easy as drinking tea sir, you should give it a go sport,no one is going to want to train something that is useful in the last 10 levels.I dear say to  remove  those unholy NPC pots , if this game actually does become "El numero uno" I don't want to sell my pots similar to what the NPC has to offer , because as we speak ladies and gentleman the NPC is taking our consumers(I'm afraid to said this but they are taking over our jobs) and is also putting a permanent price our beloved potions, take it out and we as the ladies and gentleman the ones the future depend on we will be un-shackled with these set prices.

I have edited thee post.

Edited by lester, 02 April 2014 - 20:37.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#34 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:03

[Snip ~ Anakiro] you act like 1-40 foraging is a walk in the park lol try it out your self,no one is going to be like "Oh alchemy is useful at the last 10 levels of it might as well train it".Yea No, remove those NPC pots , if this game actually does become numero uno I don't want to sell my pots similar to what the NPC has , because right now the NPC is taking our consumers and is also putting a permanent price on pots, take it out and we as the PLAYERS you know the ones that are suppose to run the economy ,yea well now we get to put the price out there for pots and not a robot.

lol relax man i want to support the idea, it gets turned into a conversation like this i wont be able to :) :P it is just a discussion after all :)

Edited by Anakiro, 03 April 2014 - 08:28.
Language

#35 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:13

lol relax man i want to support the idea, it gets turned into a conversation like this i wont be able to :) :P it is just a discussion after all :)

Lol, i'm just surprised at his comment :P

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#36 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:27

Indeed no one said its easy but you suggestion will create another problem, and cannot be looked with such a small comunity.

EDIT:class purposes

Edited by Susej, 02 April 2014 - 20:45.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#37 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:29

[Snip ~ Anakiro] what a wondefull remark are you a child cant you be mature to reply as a gentleman?

Indeed no one said its easy but you suggestion will create another problem, and cannot be looked with such a small comunity.

I will edit just for you  :D

Edited by Anakiro, 03 April 2014 - 08:28.
Language

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#38 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:44

Then i will edit mine, much obliged dear friend, Indeed that was solely my most truthfull oppinion, thus mate guth also mentioned first so i cant take credit on that.

I am trully sorry that my oppinion agitated you so much, and i hope we can continue having great discussions

I have to say that when the comunity rises this problem can be looked again, because we players that dont mind paying for potions can't wait that long for an alchimist to be present, again this never happened but it could.

Edited by Susej, 02 April 2014 - 20:53.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#39 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 20:46

Then i will edit mine might obliged dear friend, Indeed that was solely my most truthfull oppinion, thus mate guth also mentioned first so i cant take credit on that.

I am trully sorry that my oppinion agitated you so much, and i hope we can continue having great discussions

Let us thirst upon some rum, and swallow our disagreements down with it.Cheers. :P

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#40 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 15:34

crafted greater health potion gives 4500 health 

greater health potion gives 3000 health 

crafted huge health potion gives 3000 health

that's a huge difference

The bought potions are totally not good! 

I rather buy crafted than normal, they ain't that expensive and it's easy to get (at least the lower level), also if I could make huge, I would get more for selling to players when I train. So I won't understand people who buy from shop :P

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: