#1 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 17:31

hear is yet another silly suggestion which will never happen !  !  !

i know we all have a friends list but never know if they are on another server so if one is on another server  could there not be a shaded server name appear next to the players name in the offline list  and let them rise to the top of the offline list ?

also give the players an opt-out check box so they can hide this option for privacy

#2 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 17:38

If I remember right, HCS has said they try to make cross-server messaging or at least so you can see who is online even if they are on an other server 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#3 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 17:53

If I remember right, HCS has said they try to make cross-server messaging or at least so you can see who is online even if they are on an other server 

well if they can just make an  indicator it would help find are buddy's and traders  

#4 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2014 - 19:33

Auction house, guilds, and mail all require cross server communication.  Once it's in place, adding cross server friends list should be relatively straight forward.

Cross server messaging for chat would add another level of complexity, as that is done in real time.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#5 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 21:00

well on server select screen if you mouse over the friends online count it'll list which friends they are so can see what server they are on there...

also on eldevin home page on right side a little way down where it shows account info it also shows friends online if you mouse over that it pops up showing each friend and the server they are in.

(note if the friend is on an alt it'll list their main's name as online so you'll have to find their alt or treat them as offline)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#6 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2014 - 16:46

well on server select screen if you mouse over the friends online count it'll list which friends they are so can see what server they are on there...

also on eldevin home page on right side a little way down where it shows account info it also shows friends online if you mouse over that it pops up showing each friend and the server they are in.

(note if the friend is on an alt it'll list their main's name as online so you'll have to find their alt or treat them as offline)

i know you can do all this but when you are in a world server doing things like PvP or mining it would be good to know if a friend is on another server without having to log out

#7 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 16:50

yeah i wasn't dissagreeing with your suggestion mearly pointing out that atleast you can do that until hcs conciders this suggestion (incase any didn't know)

oh and what i do (if waiting on someone) is keep the home page open in another tab and occasionaly switch tabs and refresh the home page to check friends/servers they are on.  not too difficult and something people can do untill hcs adds this (if they do)

Edited by awollsd, 10 April 2014 - 16:52.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: