14 replies to this topic

#1 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 19:19

There comes an occasional times where i am just bored of doing dungeons / grinding for cash / grinding for professions/ looking for party.

Maybe give us something bit interesting to do for such times?

Idc about the rewards for this, just something interesting/fun to do solo or duo[so i dont have to wait for groups]

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#2 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 19:49

Otto fountain luring parties

#3 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 12 April 2014 - 20:04

Daily Races around Eldevin Palace

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#4 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 20:32

actually fighting races would be a good idea... like to get an objective or something, you could use stuns/snares etc but not until after a certain point and teleporting spells like misama arent allowed or speed spells/zircs etc

#5 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 April 2014 - 22:17

i have a GREAT IDEA... ~~fishing tournements~~ with prizes~~  its perfect, and FAIR all  lvls have a chance   to win not just higher lvls, and no special baits or any thing like that just old fashion poles, hook, worm, and a big lake,river,ocean etc, full of fish, and maybe just have 1-2 tourns every other day after all it should be fun and be a rare event

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#6 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 22:19

Are there no minigames on Eldevin? 

#7 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2014 - 22:21

not that i know of  ~~FISHING TOURNEMENTS WITH PRIZES~~

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

#8 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2014 - 23:47

That's why I said that ToC, Arena, PvP and Trappers Atoll needed to be prioritized before level 45 content. Now that the population of the game has dropped by approximately 30% in the last 2 or 3 weeks, I think that is the reason why. The optional end-game content is basically non-existent.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#9 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:44

Nothing beats even premade competetive team pvp :D

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#10 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:00

Nothing beats even premade competetive team pvp :D

This may be true for the first game you play (if it's just for fun) but plenty of things beat that. Pvp in Eldevin is bland and in it's basic form with no reward whatsoever (ranking of course, which would play a bigger part in pvp if the game had some activity).

The best thing to do if you're bored is to take a break from the game, or you will just find yourself hating it in time (at least that's how I felt). As Comradelewis said there is no optimal end-game. So if you're bored, chances are there will be no way to remedy that boredom.

I'd like to use this post to highlight one thing that concerns me as well.

Fabled weapons

I haven't actually played any new content from the expansion so I can only make this point on assumptions and what I've heard. If Fabled weapons are obtainable through a number of ascended dungeon completions with no other factor that's pretty much the highest-tier gear made easy for casuals and holds no "bragging or holding rights".

This may just be for 45 and changed at 50, so of course it's still an assumption.. but I do think that to have a "decent" means of end-game itemization Fabled weapons should take months of hard grinding to acquire. RNG should play into obtaining the weapon as well as crafting and dungeon runs.

The ideal way to have Fabled weapons (from my point of view and how other games have done it right) would be the following:

A large quest chain which awards the rights to find items, or the ability to craft a "fabled weapon". There would be a number of mats required in making the weapons, some of these would be BoP and others tradeable. Even if you have all the mats, to craft the weapon you must have the maximum crafting profession.

All mats would be an extremely rare quality, think 3-5x the rarity of Heroic.

It can be relatively easy to make something that takes a lot of work still fun, and that's the best thing for longevity.

Edited by Neon, 13 April 2014 - 02:07.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#11 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:05

i have a GREAT IDEA... ~~fishing tournements~~ with prizes~~  its perfect, and FAIR all  lvls have a chance   to win not just higher lvls, and no special baits or any thing like that just old fashion poles, hook, worm, and a big lake,river,ocean etc, full of fish, and maybe just have 1-2 tourns every other day after all it should be fun and be a rare event

:)

#12 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:42

Yea, they should make more minigames!!! 

Maybe every fish caught could be weighted, and then he/she with heaviest fish would get a reward, one competition for each specie. The weight of the fish is random.

Edited by EJK, 13 April 2014 - 12:09.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#13 Bluearga

Bluearga

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:54

I'm waiting for minigames added to this game. It would be great variety. I would be best minigames were available for each levels but some require hight lvl(incentive for leveling)

#14 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:17

It can be relatively easy to make something that takes a lot of work still fun, and that's the best thing for longevity.

Baconblade - anyone remember that?

But yeah, if it was something like Akame ga Kill where there is a certain number of truly legendary items in the games each with their own unique ways to obtain, and if you get killed in PvP with it, it can get taken etc. OMG and your proficiency with it could unlock a shikai and bankai type thing. 0.0

I know the top players (thank you for being active and nice to everyone, here's your reward :P) would LOVE that, just competing and exploring and doing their best to obtain and keep these weapons. 0.0

Edited by Rez, 17 November 2014 - 12:19.

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#15 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 13:25

daaang, i dont even remeber this thread i made. XD

but good idea rezillia.

Still thinking about new signature

previously: