Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:46

Currently both the snare and slow procs on the level 45 World Boss belts are next to useless for me, as Warrior and as Tank. How do you other classes feel they work for you?

One idea I have for a new proc, which I know will benefit every class is something like this:

X % chance to increase melee/spell/ranged defence by X % for X seconds.

It would only be one defence that would increase (depending on the roll on the belts), so you could pick which defence best suits your needs.

So when looting a heavy belt from the WB quest for example, it would have one of the 3 procs... melee, ranged or spell defence. If you need it, great! if not, you can sell it to someone who needs that certain def for their build. :)

Anyone else got some ideas for new belt procs?

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:08

Ben's suggestion sent in PM, for some reason he is proud of his zero forum posts so I will post it.  :D

% chance to absorb % damage for x seconds.

% chance to reflect % damage back at attacker for x seconds.

#3 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:09

Yes one benefit that I think would be great is "XX%" Chance to Grant Stun/Snare/Knockdown Immunity for "XX" seconds this would be for Heavy Tanks/Warriors. "XX%" Chance to grant either A.) "XX%" Chance to Dodge" for "XX" seconds or B.) "XX%" Chance to Critical" for "XX" seconds for Medium Armor Assasins. "XX%" Chance to grant either A.) "XX%" Movement Speed for "XX" Seconds or B.) "XX%" Chance to Dodge" for "XX" seconds. I have never played as mage or prophet so I am not quite sure on them. Could be something like Mana steal, or chance to have spell instantly cool down. 

Edited by Swiggity, 29 April 2014 - 16:09.

#4 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:10

Does the slow proc work like a snare? If they changed it to an attack speed debuff, it could be more useful for tanking(is it even possible to debuff attack speed in Eldevin?).

I would like to see more varied rolls too! Although, defense procs might be a little too powerful. +X Defense rolls/gems are already kinda OP in terms of damage mitigation.

AoE DPS proc on getting hit, maybe? Or would that be too strong also?

Edit:

Yes one benefit that I think would be great is "XX%" Chance to Grant Stun/Snare/Knockdown Immunity for "XX" seconds this would be for Heavy Tanks/Warriors.

That would be AMAZING. Overpowered, but amazing. Knockdown/Stun is easily the most frustrating thing ever as a tank.

Edited by huhbum, 29 April 2014 - 16:12.

#5 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:11

Ben's suggestion sent in PM, for some reason he is proud of his zero forum posts so I will post it.  :D

By Absorb does he mean get hit and gain a percentage of the damage done as health? Or just remove that % from damage taken.

Huhbum, what do you think about my suggestion for the Heavy Melee Belts?

#6 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:14

That would be AMAZING. Overpowered, but amazing. Knockdown/Stun is easily the most frustrating thing ever as a tank.

Maybe one way to mitigate how overpowered this could be would be to just extend the duration of the immunity buff that one gains after being knockedown/stunned? That way the said tank/warrior wouldn't be able to be immune to all of the effects but would just gain a longer respite from them?

#7 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:17

Maybe one way to mitigate how overpowered this could be would be to just extend the duration of the immunity buff that one gains after being knockedown/stunned? That way the said tank/warrior wouldn't be able to be immune to all of the effects but would just gain a longer respite from them?

That is actually a fascinating idea well worth considering. It could be an increase of, say, 20% on immunity timers(roughly an extra 2-3 seconds) and could be adjusted more or less depending on how powerful the effect is.

That would be a worthwhile roll for heavy armor classes who are always in the thick of battle. Better than snares, anyway!

Edit: However, since someone will surely bring this up, that extra 2-3 seconds of immunity would have serious PvP implications. PvP players might dislike this change if it was not an available roll on all types of belts, so it should be available for all armor classes.

Edited by huhbum, 29 April 2014 - 16:18.

#8 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:37

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=64407

The world is cruel...as will I....

#9 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 17:18

Isn't this really similar to the snare though?

#10 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 17:48

Isn't this really similar to the snare though?

not exactly; like stun; you cannot move or attack at all. Snare u can't move but u can still attack.

#11 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 20:22

Just give him an achievement for posting and he will be all up in here in no time :) Forum will be covered in Ben :)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#12 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 21:06

Just give him an achievement for posting and he will be all up in here in no time :) Forum will be covered in Ben :)

Guaranteed!  :D

#13 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 22:13

It'll never happen, but i would love to see a small chance to Knowdown.  Nothing would put a smile on my face like seeing those Kaur on their arses!  :D

• KeS likes this

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#14 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 April 2014 - 19:32

It'll never happen, but i would love to see a small chance to Knowdown.  Nothing would put a smile on my face like seeing those Kaur on their arses!  :D

That is a fun ability; gahahahahahahaha

#15 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:26

I like the idea of adding more variety to the possible procs.  Would perhaps add a larger variety to the viable builds.

For a complete change, belts that allow the wearer to cast a unique spell with a very long CD (10 minutes or more), such as snare immunity, pull target to caster, random teleport, summon pet, and more (actually these would work as either spell or proc).  No game changers, just useful enough while adding something unique.

Edited by Irradiated, 01 May 2014 - 04:34.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#16 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:44

Something weird:

XX% chance to cast self-destruct = 1HKO to any creature who is currently targeting the tank (or w/in some range). 

Something for farming:

XX% to double loot rate for which ever creature set off the belt. 

Something cool:

XX% chance to double dodge rate for XX sec.

XX% to cast serenity or remove immunity, could include potion immunity?

XX% to halve or absorb <Element> damage for XX sec.

XX% chance to reset all melee/range/mage cooldown.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#17 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:48

1% chance to convert an enemy hitting you to fight on your side for 20 seconds

1% chance to turn an enemy hitting you into a blue squirrel for 20 seconds

Wearing this belt grants you the ability to turn into a blue squirrel for 5 minutes -> cannot do anything aside from moving, just for fun :P

Edited by Alteration, 01 May 2014 - 10:56.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: