Photo

Looking for a good survivability build.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tureon

Tureon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 17:50

I will probably play solo (maybe not). Probably will not dungeon. Looking at Templar and Prophet. I don't mind killing slow. Just want to be able to fight almost anything during questing. Also should my points be spread  3 Vit, 1 melee, 1 Focus and 1 Sorcery? Or is that too spread out? Thanks all. I have looked at a few builds but they seem to be more group oriented. Thanks again.

#2 Kjellig

Kjellig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 18:21

http://talenttheory....i2o2t3u1y3B1C1/

Go for something like this, all points in Sorcery, wear light armor.

Focus on the prophet section til deliverance is maxed and then go towards mage parts.

you can respec at level 49 to whatever youd like but thatll be a decent build to solo most things with.

goodluck and enjoy, if you need any help contact me ingame :)

#3 Tureon

Tureon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 18:27

Thanks for the fast reply Kjellig. I was noticing a lot of Prophet mage recommendations on the forum. Looks like sword and board may not be the way to go.

#4 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 19:09

Warrior works well for levelling as long as you have potions to drink in emergencies. Always carry the right gathered food as well so you can quickly replenish health or mana as you need between combats.
If you want lastability then you can dip into templar too.

#5 Tureon

Tureon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 19:13

Yeah. I am just trying to figure out a good Templar build. I do see that even as a Mage/Prophet you can use 1 hand and shield. I just really like the look and rp of 1 hand and shield.

#6 Tureon

Tureon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 23:15

Ok I have tried my hand at making a build. I know it is not 1 hand and sword but is this viable or just bad?

http://talenttheory....2G1H1L3Pb3e2j2/

#7 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 14:06

There are three power stats - Melee, Ranged, and Sorcery. These stats, coupled with weapon Melee/Ranged/Sorcery DPS, directly affect the power of most abilities in Eldevin.

Melee - Templar, Warrior, Assassin
Ranged - Ranger
Sorcery - Mage, Prophet

Classes in the same category have great synergy because their talents and abilities make use of the same power stat. Mixing classes from different categories is generally a bad idea when the talents make use of different power stats, because it means that both sides are less effective if you invest in two power stats instead of concentrating on a single power stat. Of course, there are talents in some of the talent trees that aren't tied to a stat, so those talents would be universally useful.

Notable exceptions are the Templar and Prophet trees. The Templar tree has threat-increasing talents and the Prophet tree has damage reduction and percentage-based healing talents which are useful for builds.

Ok I have tried my hand at making a build. I know it is not 1 hand and sword but is this viable or just bad?

http://talenttheory....2G1H1L3Pb3e2j2/

Recommended with this build: All attribute points in Melee or most points in Melee and a few points in Vit, heavy armor, two-handed weapon, essence with melee rolls if possible. Sorcery rolls also acceptable.

From what I can see, this build is meant for AoE farming and meant to be self-sustaining with heals.

The build isn't bad, but it isn't good either. I have some things I'd like to go over in your build.

1. Prophet tree doesn't have much use in your build

• Expunge - A warrior's main advantage over the other classes as an AoE farmer is the low AoE skill cooldowns. If the warrior is squishy enough to have to rely on the damage reduction from Cauterize/Expunge (which has a 60-second cooldown), then that negates the warrior's advantage and you'd be better off playing as a mage.
  • Focused Healing - Focused Healing's description isn't accurate. Instead of directly increasing the amount that spells heal by 5/10%, what it does is it increases your Healing Power by 5/10%. Spell Healing = Essence DPS + (Healing Power / 16). This means that the Focused Healing talent is next to useless for characters with low Sorcery. As a warrior whose Healing Power comes mostly from having an essence equipped, this talent doesn't do much for you.
  • Infused Healing - While in combat, Revitalize isn't going to help because you won't be able to outheal the damage taken since Revitalize has a 2-second casting time. If you're going to heal outside of combat, just cast an extra Revitalize to heal up instead of wasting 3 talent points here.

2. Bloodbath talents

I'm not too keen on using Bloodbath as a healing ability as there are too many drawbacks.

• The description says it deals 90% Melee DPS to up to 3 nearby enemies, but it's actually 75%.
  • The targeting is buggy and it doesn't hit nearby enemies if they're too close or too far.
  • The cooldown is too long to rely on it for healing completely.
  • It only heals upon a critical hit, which means it's an unreliable heal.
  • It only targets 3 enemies at most. A warrior should be pulling way more mobs than just 3, and while you're using Bloodbath to attack 3 enemies, the other enemies will still be attacking you. You take more damage than you heal. (If you don't want to pull many mobs, playing something other than warrior is recommended. Try a ranger or mage since they can attack from afar.)
  • It requires too many talent points invested in it to even be viable for healing (and the heal amount isn't even very high).

Having said that, if you still want to use Bloodbath to heal... you might as well go all the way and grab Sweeping Strikes and Blood Champion from the Templar tree, and Cleave from the Warrior tree. (You don't have Sweeping Strikes in the build.)

3. Warrior talents

• Destruction is definitely the best single-target talent for a warrior. I suggest getting it before you get Swift Execution.
  • If you're dropping Prophet talents, grab Blood Lust and Frenzy from the Warrior tree as well.

Possible suggested build based on what I think you might want: http://talenttheory....D1E2F2G1H1L3V1/

There's also Inspiration from the Templar tree to consider.

#8 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 14:21

If you want to be able to fight anything solo during questing, mage is recommended. Prophet and templar also work, but prophet doesn't have good AoE and is mostly good just for one-on-one fighting. Templar is also mostly good just for one-on-one fighting if solo, until higher levels when more tlanet points are available. Mage has high survivability with Plasma Shield, decent heals due to high Sorcery, AoE stun/snare combo with good AoE, low gear requirements (random gear with decent essence is all you need), and even a 3-minute cooldown spell that restores 75% mana.

#9 Tureon

Tureon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 15:24

WOW! Thanks for the Awesome reply Brioche. So "IF" I was to go Mage I seen a build by a poster named Elrog is this ok?  http://talenttheory....3N2O2Q1V1Pd3g2/

Thanks again for your time.

Edited by Tureon, 09 February 2018 - 15:33.

#10 Kjellig

Kjellig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:46

WOW! Thanks for the Awesome reply Brioche. So "IF" I was to go Mage I seen a build by a poster named Elrog is this ok?  http://talenttheory....3N2O2Q1V1Pd3g2/

Id go for more Prophet just so you can solo stuff easier, you can respec to a full mage later on.

#11 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 15:56

That build by Elrog that you've found is a good build. It does seem to be more of a dungeon build while still being capable of AoE farming, but that might just be me.

If you're not averse to reading large amounts of text, you can have a look at http://tinyurl.com/eldbri which is a leveling guide I put together a while ago. There's no need to follow it exactly (heck, I myself didn't follow it strictly) and there may be parts which are outdated or parts where I may be wrong, but it should give you a better idea of how to play.

Id go for more Prophet just so you can solo stuff easier, you can respec to a full mage later on.

TL;DR Mage is better than Prophet for leveling/questing in my opinion.

I've never leveled any character as a Prophet so I cannot say how easy it would be to level or do quests as one, but I can say that I've never had any problems with survivability when leveling and doing quests to level 49 as a solo Mage for 10 characters (without crafting or doing dungeons for proper gear sets).

In response to what Kjellig has said, whether or not going for Prophet first will allow Tureon to "solo stuff easier" is quite subjective because there are different ways to interpret "easy" (no offense), and it depends on what Tureon is looking for. For me, killing an enemy in 1 minute without drinking a mana pot but having 30% health left is much easier compared to killing an enemy in 3 minutes and drinking a mana pot but being able to maintain my health at 90%. For others, they may consider it easy if they can stay at 90% health.

And that, in essence, is the difference between Mage and Prophet for fighting tough quest mobs 1v1. Tureon, you've mentioned that you don't mind killing slow, but that doesn't necessarily mean you *want* to kill slowly, right?

Mage vs Prophet

Mage

• Good damage with Master of the Arcane and Arcane Wrath
  • Excellent AoE - can kill in a single stun/snare/damage combo
  • Excellent single target DPS with Boiling Blood and Ignite talents (not even considering Incinerate/Erupt talents, etc.)
  • Plasma Shield is an instant-cast spell that soaks a lot of damage; no need to stay in place and channel
  • Fights with tough quest mobs are basically casting Plasma Shield and damage spells and running around. If the mob can be snared, Frostbite helps a lot.

Prophet

• Poor AoE - have to keep running around like a chicken while casting spells since Prophet can't deal enough damage to kill mobs immediately. Better not try to AoE
  • Poor single target DPS due to not having any talent points boosting single target damage (at least at lower levels)
  • Trying to do quests which require lots of quest item drops from mobs or lots of mob kills is a pain due to having to kill the mobs one by one. Coupled with low single target damage... ugh.
  • Fights with tough quest mobs are basically casting heals to outheal incoming damage, while sneaking in the occasional damage spell. Fights are usually long and there's a decent chance of running out of mana.

Naturally, since I'm used to Mage, I'm biased towards Mage tongue.png . Kjellig is free to expound on the advantages of Prophet if so inclined. A Prophet-Mage hybrid at level 49 is a fine mix of offense and defense, but I definitely recommend going down the Mage tree first while leveling.

Edited by Brioche, 10 February 2018 - 16:07.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: