Alpion's Content

There have been 234 items by Alpion (Search limited from 27-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#796320 "Error. click for details

Posted by Alpion on 18 June 2013 - 13:11 in Archived Bug Reports

From the error, it looks like you may be using an older version of java.  Maybe try to update to the latest version and see if that helps.  If you're already running the latest version, then I'm stumped.

#795242 "Follow" Quests

Posted by Alpion on 11 June 2013 - 17:57 in Suggestions

Would it be possible for "follow" quests (such as [18] A Growing Epidemic) where you need to lead an NPC to a quest objective, that the NPC will stay for a limited amount of time (say 3-5 minutes) if you happen to get disconnected?  I just ran her all the way from Nidaros to Nasaroth, but then the java crashed on me and I had to reload.  When I got back in, she was gone and now I need to go all the way back to start over.

This is a particular issue with me because I have to reload the game constantly.  I haven't figured out what's causing my java to crash out on me (if it's the graphics or the sounds), but generally when I load a new map, I'll crash and have to reload it.  It's not 100%, but I'd say more than 50%.  I have updated everything as far as I know, but I'm still on an older machine.

Anyways, it would be helpful if those NPCs would stick around for a few minutes to allow for reloading such as that so you can start leading them from where you dropped out.

#813803 "Item Drop" window for "New Ideas" incorrectly auto fills bro...

Posted by Alpion on 28 September 2013 - 12:46 in Archived Bug Reports

It's that way for all quests.  I have just gotten used to splitting directly from the sack in the turn-in window, closing it and reopening that and now it's auto-filled with everything.  Still much easier than digging through for everything manually all the time.

#801079 ''Improving the economy'' achievement

Posted by Alpion on 18 July 2013 - 20:02 in Archived Bug Reports

I was wondering...because I thought there was no way I could have spent 2000 gold in the shops so far lol.

#808995 /who

Posted by Alpion on 29 August 2013 - 17:43 in Suggestions

i forget i'm online.,..i think?

As much as you're AFK when I try to talk to you, that doesn't surprise me lol.

#798266 A Crimson Threat

Posted by Alpion on 29 June 2013 - 08:47 in Archived Bug Reports

Have you already done the quest [8] Public Enemy in the Crimson Threat line?  If yes, then you will need to wait until level 11 to get your next quest from them.  At level 10 you should see the grey exclamation point show up over his head, but you won't get it until 11.  If you have not already done [8] Public Enemy, then I'm not sure.

#821608 Achievement "The Eldevin Mint"

Posted by Alpion on 21 November 2013 - 13:47 in Archived Bug Reports

I did not receive a scroll either.  It showed it as a reward when the quest completion popped up, but it did not put a scroll in my inventory.

#821426 Achievement "The Eldevin Mint"

Posted by Alpion on 20 November 2013 - 20:33 in Archived Bug Reports

Seconded.  Finished the Mint and got no emote as a reward.

#823410 Achievement - Essence Proficiency

Posted by Alpion on 30 November 2013 - 16:55 in Archived Bug Reports

Essence proficiency is not updating with essence kills.  It is giving me staff proficiency kills even though I'm using my essence.

#807706 Achievement fever

Posted by Alpion on 21 August 2013 - 18:42 in Archived Bug Reports

I believe the stats these achievements are based off are account-based. Did you use knives and daggers on your previous character?

Also, if you notice any other achievements that don't seem quite right, try to take a note of them so we can look into them. =)

Bear in mind that the values for gold-related achievements currently display in copper, not gold. Could that be what's making these seem buggy? If not, any more information you could provide on this would be helpful.

Well, it says I've made 623g from quests.  It says I've earned 2620g.  And it says I've spent 3450g.  I have a hard time believing I've spent that much money lol.  If I have, then someone needs to take my credit card away RIGHT NOW!

#815473 achivment's dosen't unlock

Posted by Alpion on 08 October 2013 - 14:21 in Archived Bug Reports

Achi1.JPG

Those are two for example.  I even counted up my points in General to see if they were added, but they are not.  I haven't had time to go through all them yet but there's a start.

Also, I noticed for Leatherworking level 30, the description says raise Weaponsmithing to level 30.  My WS is at 30, and this hasn't been unlocked, so I'm assuming it's just a typo.

There are a ton of them that just don't update at all, like when I dance, or emote, or finish a dungeon run.  I stopped looking at them as I figured most were still being worked on and just a quick place was set for them while being polished off in-house.

#809298 Add a Fight Log

Posted by Alpion on 01 September 2013 - 20:42 in Suggestions

In many of the MMORPGs I've played in the past, they have a fight log which shows in your chat box what skills are being used and how much damage is being dealt by both players and mobs.  It would be nice if it could show these fight logs so we could learn how to manage certain mobs.  You could have options set for the fight log to show in a separate tab so it doesn't clutter other chat, and you could also set options to turn it on and off completely.

#808996 Animal skin\hide ratio

Posted by Alpion on 29 August 2013 - 17:45 in Suggestions

This is the same as in crystal cutting and forestry.  The point is to use some of those extras for daily quests or something.  Those crafts you've always had to get extra secondary resources.

#822948 Arcane quest states I need to be level 10, when I am level 14

Posted by Alpion on 29 November 2013 - 09:30 in Archived Bug Reports

Did you talk to the previous NPCs before heading to him?  If I remember correctly you may need to speak to Kelpher or Khalen first?  Might need a trigger like that before he acknowledges you.  Just throwing it out since I can't remember for sure and I'm not in yet playing.

#820318 Armorsmithing (All Trade Skill Quests)

Posted by Alpion on 16 November 2013 - 18:48 in Archived Bug Reports

All of the trade skill texts that tell you how many components you will need to craft a certain item need to be updated to the new requirements.  For example Armorsmithing says you will only need 4 copper bars, when in fact you need 5.  I'm guessing all the texts need to be updated throughout the quest levels.

#814947 Bloodied Hand Axe

Posted by Alpion on 04 October 2013 - 16:43 in Archived Bug Reports

BHA.JPG

This is a one handed axe, but it is unusable to chop down trees.  Every other one handed axe I have picked up seems to work for forestry, so not sure if this is a bug or if I've just never run across any that don't work.

#805692 Boondocks Bug

Posted by Alpion on 11 August 2013 - 13:03 in Archived Bug Reports

This happened to me once, and I think it may have been because I had a damage over time spell on him when he died, and when he went to sit it ticked again and caused him to stay in combat.  I'm pretty sure I was able to log out and back in and fix it.  After that I tried to never have a DoT on him when he died, and it never happened again, but I don't know for sure if it was the DoT that actually caused it.

#810028 Brokenshore-Anquerlands

Posted by Alpion on 04 September 2013 - 19:40 in Archived Bug Reports

If you log in while your character is in Brokenshore, it shows the map on the character log in screen as The Anquerlands.  I think I know what you're meaning there, but the map name should probably be fixed for the log in screen to match Brokenshore.

#807566 Bug in the Boondocks?

Posted by Alpion on 20 August 2013 - 19:17 in Archived Bug Reports

We're not sure, but we think it's because he "died" while having a damage over time (DoT) spell on him.  Try killing him without any DoT's active next time (if possible) and see if it works.

#798579 Call Black Bat

Posted by Alpion on 30 June 2013 - 21:18 in Archived Bug Reports

When you try to summon a black bat, it summons the blue squirrel.  Summoning the blue squirrel works as intended.  I just can't summon a black bat.

#827026 Can't enter trapper's atoll

Posted by Alpion on 08 December 2013 - 13:45 in Archived Bug Reports

The Wildlands Veteran needed time to tell everyone on the island that a big baddy was coming so they needed to get out of there quick before you destroyed them all.

:D

#818543 Can't escape Jewelry Quest 5

Posted by Alpion on 05 November 2013 - 03:33 in Archived Bug Reports

You'll do that quest until you hit level 15.

#830693 Can't Load Yaroda Grove Tree House

Posted by Alpion on 14 December 2013 - 17:38 in Archived Bug Reports

While doing both A Growing Epidemic and Show No Mercy quests, I was unable to load the Yaroda Grove Treehouse when I was coming back up from the basement.  It got to Partitions Complete every time, but just hung up there.  I had to disconnect each time (three times total I believe) and then zone in from Yaroda Grove to get back in and advance the quests.

#808253 Cannonballs for [21] New Ideas

Posted by Alpion on 24 August 2013 - 13:09 in Archived Bug Reports

The quest text needs to be updated as well.  When you turn in the cannon balls, he says something about it taking 2 trips to do it.  I didn't get a screen shot of it as I read through it quickly and then completed it without thinking.

#799340 Cant Even load game in.

Posted by Alpion on 05 July 2013 - 17:19 in Archived Bug Reports

I've seen that loading page of lamps before that he's talking about.  It's the one in the background when it tells you that you need a beta key or need to email to get it activated (one of those buggy things that is usually fixed by closing the browser and reloading it).

One thing, do you have adblock or adblock plus running?  When I first started the game, adblock had a problem with this page and any time I moved my cursor outside the java box, it would reload everything.  I had to allow all of huntedcow in adblock before I could actually get the game to load.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: