Alpion's Content

There have been 234 items by Alpion (Search limited from 18-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#795223 [Implemented] Achievement Suggestions?

Posted by Alpion on 11 June 2013 - 13:43 in Archived Suggestions

Is there a way you could add a search function to the achievements?  One popped up on my screen and it took me a while to dig around through all the tabs to find what it was for.  A simple title search so we can find what we just achieved if it's not obvious from the title lol.

#795242 "Follow" Quests

Posted by Alpion on 11 June 2013 - 17:57 in Suggestions

Would it be possible for "follow" quests (such as [18] A Growing Epidemic) where you need to lead an NPC to a quest objective, that the NPC will stay for a limited amount of time (say 3-5 minutes) if you happen to get disconnected?  I just ran her all the way from Nidaros to Nasaroth, but then the java crashed on me and I had to reload.  When I got back in, she was gone and now I need to go all the way back to start over.

This is a particular issue with me because I have to reload the game constantly.  I haven't figured out what's causing my java to crash out on me (if it's the graphics or the sounds), but generally when I load a new map, I'll crash and have to reload it.  It's not 100%, but I'd say more than 50%.  I have updated everything as far as I know, but I'm still on an older machine.

Anyways, it would be helpful if those NPCs would stick around for a few minutes to allow for reloading such as that so you can start leading them from where you dropped out.

#795530 gear wearing off unevenly

Posted by Alpion on 13 June 2013 - 10:35 in Archived Bug Reports

Since you're using 2 weapons, I'm going to assume you are a melee class.  As such, your weapons are going to wear out faster than your armor will since you'll probably be attacking a lot more than you'll be getting hit.  As a mage, I know my essence wears out a lot faster when I use my range attack with it, plus I tend to not get hit as much from running around so the armor doesn't decrease as fast.

At least that's how I'd look at it.

#795807 Couple Farming "Bugs" (or questions)

Posted by Alpion on 14 June 2013 - 17:00 in Archived Bug Reports

-EDIT-

Removed as I think the server went down while I was testing this bug.

#795813 Server Status

Posted by Alpion on 14 June 2013 - 17:15 in Suggestions

Could you possibly put up a server status page that actually shows if the server is up or down?  I never know what to think when I'm in-game playing, when all of a sudden with no server warning, I lock up and I have to reload the game.  When I try to reload, I can't log in at all.  I'm assuming the server has gone down for some reason, but without any in-game warning, I never know for sure if it's the server or if it's me.

Some sort of status page would be extremely helpful.

#795841 Server Status

Posted by Alpion on 14 June 2013 - 18:48 in Suggestions

Yes, thank you very much!  Most of the time I think it's a problem on my end (running an older computer) so this could definitely take some stress off me if I don't have to beat my computer up thinking it's my problem lol.

#795842 quest a study in blood

Posted by Alpion on 14 June 2013 - 18:51 in Archived Bug Reports

I like having all the quests listed in the quest book.  Even though I may not know where to start it, at least knowing it's in a certain area of the quest book I can spend time looking for it.  I think most people will look and see a quest and want to find it, even if it's hidden, as long as they know there's something to be looking for.

#795941 Couple Farming "Bugs" (or questions)

Posted by Alpion on 15 June 2013 - 12:51 in Archived Bug Reports

As of now, I rake both plots and plant both seeds first, then I water them both.  This generally allows me to prune both plots and only lose 1 or 2 each, but occasionally when they both disease at the same time I may lose 5-8.  Of course that's just on the lower, faster growing plants so far.  I have a feeling when I plant higher level stuff that takes longer, I'll have to use compost and probably crop dust to make farming more than one plot at a time feasible.

#795975 epic disease in farming and a little tweak needed.

Posted by Alpion on 15 June 2013 - 17:31 in Suggestions

I wouldn't want to have it auto do all those things for me just because for lower level crops I wouldn't want to waste compost or crop dust on it as it's not really needed, and for higher level crops I'd rather be able to choose if I want to add those or not.  I think the way it is now is pretty straightforward and fairly easy to navigate.

#796320 "Error. click for details

Posted by Alpion on 18 June 2013 - 13:11 in Archived Bug Reports

From the error, it looks like you may be using an older version of java.  Maybe try to update to the latest version and see if that helps.  If you're already running the latest version, then I'm stumped.

#796350 Game loads slowly ..

Posted by Alpion on 18 June 2013 - 17:44 in Archived Bug Reports

Same happens to me.  I switched from Firefox to Chrome and it has helped a little bit, but I still get these issues.  I have an older system running XP on a 2.8GHz CPU with 1 gig RAM.  I'm guessing that's what my problem is, even though it should be enough to run the game.  I think it just leaks too much or something.  I'm confused and don't know how to troubleshoot it.

#797323 Jewelry Quest 4

Posted by Alpion on 24 June 2013 - 16:34 in Archived Bug Reports

This is still asking for 3 Improved Amethyst Rings of Magic which require the rare components.

#797329 Double Action Bar

Posted by Alpion on 24 June 2013 - 17:02 in Archived Bug Reports

When using the double action bar, the casting bar is no longer visible.  This is true for any casting, gathering, etc.  The casting bar should automatically bump up above the second action bar when in use.

#797333 No supporter or Eldevin points

Posted by Alpion on 24 June 2013 - 17:17 in Archived Bug Reports

Give this man his bonuses!  heh

#798119 Skills and Talent balance

Posted by Alpion on 28 June 2013 - 16:50 in Suggestions

Boiling Blood

Neon makes some good points already with how weak boiling blood is.  Another idea for ways to increase it's usefulness would be to add extra damage to a mob with boiling blood when hit with another fire based spell.  For instance, it deals it's normal damage per time element, but it could also add another 10-20% spell damage if you hit it with incinerate, engulf, ignite, etc.

#798130 LVL cap

Posted by Alpion on 28 June 2013 - 17:23 in Archived Bug Reports

I would assume they're going to focus on 50 levels of good, clean content so they can release it to the public in an open basis.  After that, I'm sure they'll continue development and push out new content and levels for both characters and trade skills.  But a solid basis for them to start with to hopefully start making them money is a good way to go.

#798266 A Crimson Threat

Posted by Alpion on 29 June 2013 - 08:47 in Archived Bug Reports

Have you already done the quest [8] Public Enemy in the Crimson Threat line?  If yes, then you will need to wait until level 11 to get your next quest from them.  At level 10 you should see the grey exclamation point show up over his head, but you won't get it until 11.  If you have not already done [8] Public Enemy, then I'm not sure.

#798516 Farming Bug

Posted by Alpion on 30 June 2013 - 16:07 in Archived Bug Reports

It has happened to me more times than I would like.  It seems to happen mostly when I try to harvest/prune a second plot while still in the action on the first plot.  I can't duplicate the bug with any regularity, but that seems to be the time it happens most for me.

Only way to resolve this is to relog.  On my computer, it would take too long and I'd lose my crop anyways, so there's no way for me to save those lol.

#798579 Call Black Bat

Posted by Alpion on 30 June 2013 - 21:18 in Archived Bug Reports

When you try to summon a black bat, it summons the blue squirrel.  Summoning the blue squirrel works as intended.  I just can't summon a black bat.

#798895 Jewelry Quest 7

Posted by Alpion on 02 July 2013 - 19:47 in Archived Bug Reports

This quest is asking for a refined aventurine charm of spirit and a refined aventurine charm of vigor.  These would make sense as to the quest level, but when you go to hand in the items, she asks for an improved aventurine charm of spirit and an improved aventurine charm of vigor (rare item).  Not only do the items not match the text, but it is asking for a rare crafted item.

#798901 leatherwork crafted items stats degradation

Posted by Alpion on 02 July 2013 - 21:13 in Archived Bug Reports

It's the same for tailoring i.e.

level 28 Improved Crafted Linen Chest

270 armor

25 vit

20 sorc

17 ene

level 32 Refined Crafted Linen Chest

293 armor

23 vit

19 sorc

16 ene

Seems it's got to do with the changes in rare crafted items and normal crafted items.  Not sure how they chose to make which items rare and which not, but I just go with what's there lol.

#799005 Skinning Sewer Slugs

Posted by Alpion on 03 July 2013 - 17:57 in Archived Bug Reports

I skinned both the sewer slugs on level 2 and the giant sewer slugs on level 3 and only get ham.  Are they supposed to give skins/hides at all?  Or are they just giving hams?

Not sure if it was a bug or not, but figured this would be the best place to post in case it was overlooked during the skinning update phase.

#799016 Homestone - might this be a bugg?

Posted by Alpion on 03 July 2013 - 19:30 in Archived Bug Reports

I agree.  Mine is at 3022 minutes, 17 seconds.  Smoosh this bug lol.

#799117 Jewelry and Tailoring Quest 7 - Resetting

Posted by Alpion on 04 July 2013 - 10:34 in Archived Bug Reports

I just noticed this morning that any time I log out and back in, both of my Tailoring and Jewelry Quest 7 will reset.  This allows me to do them an unlimited amount of times.

Those are the only two I have found to reset so far.  I have done many lower crafting repeatable quests to test them as well, but so far those are the only 2 I've found.  I asked some other friends about their tasks and they didn't notice any.

---EDIT---

I just found Cooking Quest 7 to reset as well.  These quests ALWAYS reset on logging out and back in, but they ALSO will randomly reset just while I'm running around in game.

#799122 Skinning Sewer Slugs

Posted by Alpion on 04 July 2013 - 11:22 in Archived Bug Reports

I guess I just skinned hermit crabs and only got rump from them as well.  Maybe they don't give skins and hides.

However, the krokasaur aquatica show that they can be skinned, yet you can take no action on them.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: